Covid-19 Prepared?

The way i see it is China fucked about for 2-3 months trying to keep "business as usuall" , "if we pretend its not there it will go away by christmas" , " this is not a good look!" until shit got out of hand , it probably took a little longer to get up to full steam due to it being ground zero.

Now ALL the other fuckwit governments around the world have just followed the same line of thinking, "we'll just try business as usuall" except the dim wits let cruiseship loads of infected people in, fuck ground zero they said, lets get this party started! And now they're  fucked.... like the big rabbit. 

As much as it was a douche bag move China was looking after Chinas best interests, just like every other country would and is doing, always does! ..except Australia, cause our government seems to like to fuck our selves over in the interest of every other bloody country. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I think in the future all nations should have a separate body, not answerable to any host nation and free of politics, that has authority to go anywhere and monitor possible hot spots and sound the alarm. There should be new enforceable protocols in place for containment and the severest penalties for disobeying them by the people and the host country. 

The WHO is a start, but obviously not taken seriously by nations or people. It or it's successor needs some teeth.

• Like 1

this will probably be my first and last post in this thread 

as i heard it trump stated he would like to TRY to open the country by Easter and possibly some areas sooner      

if you live in BFE there isn't much reason for self quarantine 

now Vegas,San Francisco ,New York Chicago  big cities in general need to self quarantine as a precaution where as people who have 50 people in the entire city may not 

if you live in a more open less populated space there is much less risk or need to isolate yourself as you are already living that way 

• Like 3

Hospital worker comes home from work, leaves shoes outside, carefully removes all clothing (no shaking, see below) to wash immediately and showers, minimal contact with anyone in case he has brought home this virus. - everyday.

Consider practicing this clothing / shower routine when we return home, especially from high population stores like groceries.

The following is forwarded from Irene Ken a physician whose daughter is an Asst. Prof of infectious diseases at John Hopkins University. Informative medical science facts...

In our community chat this useful excellent info helps all to avoid contagion 👾.
* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code (mutation), and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.

* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own.

The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.

* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat.

That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam).

By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.

* HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything.

In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.

* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.

* Any mix with 1 part BLEACH and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.

* The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; we cannot kill what is not alive with antibiotics, but the virus quickly disintegrate its structure with everything mentioned above.

* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth.

While the virus is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between 3 hours (fabric and porous material), 4 hours (copper), 24 hours (cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours (plastic).

If you shake or use a feather duster on above materials, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.

* The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold or air conditioners in houses and cars.

Viruses also need moisture to stay stable, especially n darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade them faster.

* UV LIGHT on any object breaks down the virus protein.

* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.

* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat on the virus.

* NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, help. The strongest vodka has 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.

* LISTERINE helps if it has 65% alcohol.

* The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.

* Wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.
* Use MOISTURISER to humidify hands which tend to be dry from so much washing. Virus molecules can hide in the micro cracks of dry hands. The thicker the moisturizer, the better. * Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.

TAKE CARE & STAY SAFE

• Like 5

This is the best post on here. I know a virus isn't 'alive' but just a hunk of DNA that hides in a host's cell and takes over the nucleus to replicate itself. In the open the body can find and identify it and produce an antibody but inside the cell it's hidden and much harder. It's always easier to use something when you understand the mechanism and how it works. We all know to wash hands but not exactly how this works, it just does. Knowing the effect of soap and alcohol on a virus will make us more diligent in using it and not splish splash hand towel thank you very much.  

Where I am there are almost nonexistent cases though this may have changed this weekend. The point is that people have had some time to learn and observe the rest of the world and learn these new routines. I notice people space themselves more and talk about it more, though in a concerned manner only. I doubt that all the hand washing is doing anything (yet) but it's good for instilling the practice so it comes naturally. When covid arrives we'll be ready. God help people in high density areas crammed into apartment blocks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Missus Kelmo shared this one with me:

Thoughts and prayers to the guys that told their wives, "don't worry honey, I'll do that project when I have time."

Also, I work in an "essential business" (automotive repair) although I never thought of myself as essential. I work in a dealership parts department and there are 4 of us in the department.

On Monday, after the controller shut the business office to all employees other than her staff, I shut down the parts department to all employees other than parts employees. 2 of us are over the age of 50, one of which is diabetic and the other a lifelong smoker. One of us is 40 something with chronic bronchitis and the last one is a 20 something. People from the service department were not following any of the guidelines about staying away from other people so I threw everyone out.

Now, I am the guy who is "completely paranoid about this virus thing". At least that is what I am hearing. OK, well, once someone at the dealership gets sick, chances are we will be shut down for a bit and then we will all be without a paycheck and these guys just don't seem to grasp that concept. Paranoid? no, using an overabundance of caution? yes.

I doubt any of the guys that think I am being paranoid about this can pay their bills for 3 months without getting a paycheck.

Rant over.

Stay safe, don't touch anything.

STFAFM.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, KELMO said:

Missus Kelmo shared this one with me:

Thoughts and prayers to the guys that told their wives, "don't worry honey, I'll do that project when I have time."

Also, I work in an "essential business" (automotive repair) although I never thought of myself as essential. I work in a dealership parts department and there are 4 of us in the department.

On Monday, after the controller shut the business office to all employees other than her staff, I shut down the parts department to all employees other than parts employees. 2 of us are over the age of 50, one of which is diabetic and the other a lifelong smoker. One of us is 40 something with chronic bronchitis and the last one is a 20 something. People from the service department were not following any of the guidelines about staying away from other people so I threw everyone out.

Now, I am the guy who is "completely paranoid about this virus thing". At least that is what I am hearing. OK, well, once someone at the dealership gets sick, chances are we will be shut down for a bit and then we will all be without a paycheck and these guys just don't seem to grasp that concept. Paranoid? no, using an overabundance of caution? yes.

I doubt any of the guys that think I am being paranoid about this can pay their bills for 3 months without getting a paycheck.

Rant over.

Stay safe, don't touch anything.

STFAFM.

This about sums up how people (mostly young idiots) are acting here and our confirmed & suspected cases keep growing.  It'll never burn itself out at this rate.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, jbirds510 said:

lol @ "IF"... The facts are confirmed, the chinese government lied, withheld info, denied US researchers access to the data when it became known that it would become serious, even deported anyone in a position to gain knowledge to take home to countermeasure, allowed it to leave its boarders before self correcting (funny how china's outbreak almost haulted as the rest of the world boiled over) and MOST SIGNIFICANT in my mind is they told the world "its USA's fault" and came right out and told the US government that they arent interested in working with us and intended to deny America the materials and supplies needed to test and protect.. THIS IS TERRORISM FOLKS.

I used to buy American made first, then our neighbors products second then chinese as a last resort, now I will do the same only I will go without before I buy ANY chinese products. China has in my mind thrown the first REAL stone. I say let the chinese government find its support elsewhere. To hell with the chinese government. I dont/cant/wont support communism or terrorism. A good friend of mine said theres a high probability that china feels the first to recover economically becomes the new world leaders and if this is true it removes any doubt in my mind that this was by design.

Easy to blame China and finger point and lord knows I have no love for them. If finger pointing I say someone here was asleep when they should have been on guard.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Easy to blame China and finger point and lord knows I have no love for them. If finger pointing I say someone here was asleep when they should have been on guard.

What someone would that be ? Get your head out of your ass Mike.Another one that places blame in the wrong place because of his despise for the man.

No need to be rude.

Your protection from outside the country is not reliant on that idiot. I hope.

I was referring to some agency that IS responsible for your well being. Perhaps the CDC? Maybe homeland security? (sounds like an oxymoron now) Who's responsible for preventing tainted or diseased meat from entering? Something that is already in place and working at all times and NOT requiring a Capt. Kirk to shout "Shields up!" when it's too late when something automatic would have been faster. Who the fuck is on watch? Do you even have someone on watch then.

• Like 1

hi Mike, I respect your opinion and everyone elses for that matter as long as it is intelligent but Id like to say you said " Easy to blame china" and Id like to correct this as its not accurate, I said "chinese government" I was careful to be clear about that. I feel strongly that the chinese populous are the the biggest victims of all and feel sympathetic toward them as I would any population under dictatorship. Also lets be VERY clear I AM POINTING A FINGER, some folks blame Trump, thats fine, I dont agree but thats just my opinion, I do HOWEVER DIRECTLY blame XI as he completely disregarded global health for whatever reason and the aftermath we are seeing IMO is completely on his shoulders.  

• Like 3

How come nobodies freaking out from 2020 H1N1 reports.

CDC report this flu season year alone est 39 million infected, 24k deaths 

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

I personally believe the current situation is hyped up to much. Way to much fear tactics in the media. But I'm still taken action to protect my family and loved ones. And not by hoarding.  I own a small service business and with in the last 1.5 months, I've hired two people. I'm a essential business, but because  no body wants people in there homes right now, I had to lay them off Friday. 

Will get through it. Just like all the other pandemics 

• Like 4

* My friend who runs IT at EvergreenHealth Hospital in Redmond WA (one of the epicenters of this outbreak) has been saying the same thing. 
* My best friends older sister who is head charge nurse of St. Francis in Federal Way, Washington is saying the SAME THING. 
* My Aunt who is the Director of Surgical Services at Tacoma General, WA is saving the SAME THING. 

This isn't to freak you out, this isn't to get you to go out and baracarded yourself in your house(you shouldn't do so!). If you are in a populated area - keep your ass home. Wash your hands. Stream another Netflix show. Go out at times that aren't peak times. Whatever you can do to make it easier on hospital staff and OTHER essential services, please do so. 

That said I expect to see a shit ton of updated your Project Datto threads (share pics!) 😄 

• Like 1

91340147_2947278261982014_53518380203098

My wife's work sent her home for two weeks with unemployment. These two weeks run concurrent with our governor's three week shutdown of the state's infected counties. However, the president of her company told the governor that "President Trump wants us back to work the Monday after Easter and we're going to respect his wishes" hence the return a week before the shutdown ends. The wife is a welder involved in the production of premium horse trailers and, through a quirk of archaic Oklahoma frontier law, such agriculture endeavors are deemed "essential businesses" thus the firm's management are legally able to politely suggest the guvn'r urinate in a rising fashion on wrapped strands of hemp.

I work at government-run daycares for government employees (which I'm not). We have no known cases of Covid 19 but the numbers of kiddos attending has dropped dramatically. There is talk of combining classes and going to essential-only personnel but that hasn't happened yet. My work week now has less hours (my choice - just not enough to do) so I go home and work on the yard and cars or grill (pic related).

91403983_2945338655509308_58881433065918

One funny little thing keeps happening with the gub'ment employees utilizing our daycares: they're allowed to self-quarantine but (naturally) their names are placed on the quarantine lists for accountability. Several of them have happily skipped out of work to self-quarantine but then minutes later attempt to drop off their infants and toddlers at the gub'ment daycares. When the flaw in their logic is brutally explained to them, often by an effervescent and incredulous African-American female friend of mine who retired from the US Army (where she served for a time as a drill sergeant) there appears a confusion and panic in their eyes that's always pleasant to see.