Covid-19 Prepared?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

everyone google event 201 and watch the videos the assholes at WHO, Bill Gates and people from John Hopkins created this virus along with some corupt chinese lab techs and probably the CDC and the corrupt pharmecutical companies  did a scenario back in october 2019 to create a pandemonium. But what about the SARS, H1N1, Swine flu outbreaks that made more people sick and died when bush jr, obama were in office and the media didn't spread the news as much as now, seems to me every 4 years at election time there seems to be a major health outbreak 

Edited by gene knight
  • Like 2

Media love this sort of thing cause it's a massive fishkill feeding frenzy for them.

16000 people dead worldwide so far from the thing is (I hate to say this but it's true) a drop in the bucket for a 7 billion + global population.

Spanish Flu 100 years was more than that and we have as previously mentioned above many more die daily from all kinds of other things. 

• Like 6

I’m going to hedge against this having the “potential” to do Spanish Flu type numbers. It’s better to be pleasantly surprised it didn’t than be lax and caught off guard.

like I had stated before. My son is high risk and the last thing I want is to lose my son. 

I will be really happy if this doesn’t have a second or third wave uptick like the Spanish flu. The death count for SF was in the second wave and that was the immune over response of the young people. 

Here is another thing that went under the radar. Over 10 million Chinese were removed from the telecom network data base earlier this week within China. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.outlookindia.com/newsscroll/amp/coronavirus-casualties-may-be-higher-in-china-than-reported/1776949

• Like 2

The Government of Japan has just declared that USA visitors among others "will be held 14 days at a location designated by the quarantine director and must not use public transport in Japan."  Effective date midnight March 26, 2020.  So long cherry blossoms.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Plant viruses were discovered just before 1900 and human ones just a few years later. Even in 1918 the general public knew very little about them, how they were transmitted how to avoid them. Cleanliness and health wise we had barely come down out of the trees in 1918.

Hey, I've been around a long time and I have never ever seen businesses closed down and people told to shelter in place, EVER!!! Whole countries closed down? Never. Health care infrastructure maxed out in some places? never, and not on this scale. This is not how the world is set up to run. Shutting everything down globally for even a day is a big fuck up to the economy.

Many people work and live hand to mouth.... what happens when the next pay cheque isn't there? How will they last 4 or 5 weeks??? Hell it's already over due!! Desperate people do desperate things requiring desperate counter measures. We are two meals away from anarchy.                    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The local news is nothing but Covid 19! Makes me wonder what else is going on, as I doubt criminals are taking a break. 

Big news right now, here in San Diego, is that the Del Coronado Hotel is suspending operations for the first time in a 100 years. This can't be the only thing happening in my town! 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, MikeRL411 said:

The Government of Japan has just declared that USA visitors among others "will be held 14 days at a location designated by the quarantine director and must not use public transport in Japan."  Effective date midnight March 26, 2020.  So long cherry blossoms.

Shit, weren't you planning a trip over there?

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Many people work and live hand to mouth.... what happens when the next pay cheque isn't there? How will they last 4 or 5 weeks??? Hell it's already over due!! Desperate people do desperate things requiring desperate counter measures. We are two meals away from anarchy.                    

100% this. I know tons of people whore are living paycheck to paycheck - and this just came out today and it's only going to go south from here.

2f2f80c0-6f5f-11ea-bf0f-863547b53d90

But we better bail out the airlines who aren't willing to let the fed on their board to monitor them / or cruise ships who fly flags of other nations to avoid taxes here....

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, BrothersGarage said:

Shit, weren't you planning a trip over there?

100% this. I know tons of people whore are living paycheck to paycheck - and this just came out today and it's only going to go south from here.

2f2f80c0-6f5f-11ea-bf0f-863547b53d90

But we better bail out the airlines who aren't willing to let the fed on their board to monitor them / or cruise ships who fly flags of other nations to avoid taxes here....

cruise ships ,, 
not just taxes ,, pretty much any liability for what happens to Americans on the boats .

They also have been instead of paying down debt they have ,, with their profits ,, they have been buying up their own stock to drive up price .. Making their CEOs. Hundreds of million dollars in just the last few years... 

Fuck um 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 1
On 3/26/2020 at 11:12 AM, mrbigtanker said:

Hows the land down under, the Aussie dollar is worth .60 on the American dollar. I am buying everything I can find that I want. So far 3 containers full of toilet paper, double Ply.lol

A bit of overdoing it with panic buying on toilet paper,hand sanitiser and then rice,pasta and other items people perceive as being some kind of essential item for "doomsday" despite our distribution centres having many many months worth of everything they are grabbing up.

Otherwise most aussies abiding by all the rules, always going to be a few who will not. 

It's quiet to dead @ a lot of places like some businesses etc but the number of lay offs is high and a lot of demand for social welfare now. 

Govt has a number of stimulus packages and other economic measures to address all this. 

I personally see the numbers we have of dead and infected as not bad considering our population volume of 26 million.  

• Like 4

Everything here is SW Virginia is just fine but very quiet. I had to get some supplies for the shop yesterday, welding gas and rod and wire, and the folks there said they would be open for the duration.  My second stop was a tractor parts place for parts and paint, they also are open for the foreseeable future.  I passed about 5 cars and trucks on the hwy getting to town.

Our AC motor supplier showed up at the shop in the afternoon to tell me that my grinder motor is shot and has another ordered for me. They are also staying open.  Hell, I have no excuse for shutting down now!!!!

• Like 4

I've contacted my two daughters by e-mail. Both live near large cities Calgary and Toronto so I'll hear stories of WTSHTF. Looking for that tool that screws into a GM R4? Harrison AC compressor. Amazon no help so far. I think an M22 fine thread bolt could be drilled up the center and used.... fastener store closed.  Maybe CrappyTire has the tool to rent. So many things to do.

No time, no money no parts ..... have any two and the third fucks you every time.

Weather's been mild and I find time to sit outside in the afternoon sun and go for a 3-4 mile walk in the morning. Maybe take some pictures.

• Like 3

Just went to my local market to grab some groceries and guess what? They are fully stocked! With the exception of paper towels, because the truck is late, they had pretty much everything they normally stock. 

But, I did see a sign that states that egg prices are up due to the rising demand and dwindling supply. I imagine some other items will likely rise, but otherwise all seemed well. 

Best part was no line! I just walked right in, no waiting! And it was rather sparse inside, people wise. I walked right up to an open cashier. Nice! 

• Like 5
10 hours ago, VFR800 said:

A bit of overdoing it with panic buying on toilet paper,hand sanitiser and then rice,pasta and other items people perceive as being some kind of essential item for "doomsday" despite our distribution centres having many many months worth of everything they are grabbing up.

Otherwise most aussies abiding by all the rules, always going to be a few who will not. 

It's quiet to dead @ a lot of places like some businesses etc but the number of lay offs is high and a lot of demand for social welfare now. 

Govt has a number of stimulus packages and other economic measures to address all this. 

I personally see the numbers we have of dead and infected as not bad considering our population volume of 26 million.  

The way it is being handled is going to cause this to drag out months longer than it should. We have low population and huge distances on our side, yet my small town has hundreds of interstate and inter city workers still coming in and out because of "essential work , read-anyone with a job!", half these shaved apes are too stupid to wash their hands after going to the toilet, let alone extra washing because of this virus. We have 2 hospital beds with ventilators here, how do they pick who lives and who dies?  Sheeple are idiots, they shouldnt be allowed to make a decision like whether or not they should self isolate. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Str8jacket said:

The way it is being handled is going to cause this to drag out months longer than it should. We have low population and huge distances on our side, yet my small town has hundreds of interstate and inter city workers still coming in and out because of "essential work , read-anyone with a job!", half these shaved apes are too stupid to wash their hands after going to the toilet, let alone extra washing because of this virus. We have 2 hospital beds with ventilators here, how do they pick who lives and who dies?  Sheeple are idiots, they shouldnt be allowed to make a decision like whether or not they should self isolate. 

Whelp when you have the president saying we have it all under control since Jan 22nd and we are all headed back to work after Easter though we already have officials saying that it looks like the end of May now - what do you expect from a bunch of mouth-breathers that are below average intelligence or people who are forced to have to work paycheck to paycheck? We passed China where this shit originated this week in 'active cases' so.... 

Think about this...

Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite...... (Every nation gets the government it deserves) ..... Joseph de Maistre 1753-1821

" it took FEMA five days to get water to the Superdome"..... Matt Farrell..... quote from Live Free and Die Hard.

"Let the blame settle on those most worthy of it" ..... datzenmike March '20.

Why not find those who have survived covid 19 and enlist their aid in helping those with it? Surely they will be immune to it and be protected by anti bodies. I have had the regular flu before and as soon as able I was back to work and no one I came in contact with afterwards with got it from me. Again, surely some nurses and Drs. have recovered from it by now, some one should look into this.

As to it swirling around in the southern hemisphere and coming back next winter I say maybe a vaccine will be fast tracked by then?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Think about this...

Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite...... (Every nation gets the government it deserves) ..... Joseph de Maistre 1753-1821

" it took FEMA five days to get water to the Superdome"..... Matt Farrell..... quote from Live Free and Die Hard.

"Let the blame settle on those most worthy of it" ..... datzenmike March '20.

Why not find those who have survived covid 19 and enlist their aid in helping those with it? Surely they will be immune to it and be protected by anti bodies. I have had the regular flu before and as soon as able I was back to work and no one I came in contact with afterwards with got it from me. Again, surely some nurses and Drs. have recovered from it by now, some one should look into this.

As to it swirling around in the southern hemisphere and coming back next winter I say maybe a vaccine will be fast tracked by then?

I bet something will be sold

Went out the other day and people were everywhere, doing what they do.  Looked into the ammo market.....and that sh!t is all gone.  Shelves were bare.  Checked online markets too, and they are crazy sold out (most of them).  Crazy times.  I guess when it's all done, there will be a lot of people shooting toilet paper rolls instead of clay pigeons!! 

• Like 1