Covid-19 Prepared?

On 3/21/2020 at 7:35 AM, dhp123166 said:

Mike Huckabee says we can return to using corn cobs to clean the posterior of fecal matter.

How does that work? Does one draw the corn cob back and forth across the anal region allowing the nooks and crannies of the corn cob to give the cling-ons a new home?

Or does one anally insert the corn cob ( is this where cornhole come from ?) to really attack that "not so fresh feeling ?"

Personally, I like my idea of the outdoor handheld bidet ( read: hose) as an alternative to t.p. et al.

I think it would depend on how rough you want to be?!!  Either way.....water is my friend!!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 3/21/2020 at 7:54 AM, datzenmike said:

150 dead today!!!

That's roughly how many people died in car accidents today and yesterday and tomorrow and daily for the next year.

150 a day from the 'seasonal flu'.

227 a day from diabitus

400 a day from strokes

1,600 a day from Cancer

Well thats one way to downplay it I guess. We're not at the top of the curve though, so if Seattle and NY"s ramp up is any indication that 150 deaths per day could hit 800 per day by the end of the week. When you consider only 5 to 20 percent of the US population gets the flu each year and estimates are that the Corona virus could infect 70+ present of the population you can add a factor of 4X to that. Then add the mortality rate of COVID-19 is at least 10 times greater than influenza, way more virulent and contagious than flu, but with no vaccine to keep it in check. So left to run it's course COVID- 19 could easily dwarf cancer by a factor of 5X. 

So remember kids, EVERY TIME A PERSON IN THE UK SNEEZES A CORONA GET"S IT"S LIMIE. 

Edited by paradime
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, paradime said:

Well thats one way to downplay it I guess. We're not at the top of the curve though, so if Seattle and NY"s ramp up is any indication that 150 deaths per day could hit 800 per day by the end of the week. When you consider only 5 to 20 percent of the US population gets the flu each year and estimates are that the Corona virus could infect 70+ present of the population you can add a factor of 4X to that. Then add the mortality rate of COVID-19 is at least 10 times greater than influenza, way more virulent and contagious than flu, but with no vaccine to keep it in check. So left to run it's course COVID- 19 could easily dwarf cancer by a factor of 5X. 

So remember kids, EVERY TIME A PERSON IN THE UK SNEEZES A CORONA GET"S IT"S LIMIE. 

That was horrible and hilarious at the say time so I made it into a meme format.

84MyWusm.jpg

• Like 3
15 hours ago, paradime said:

I have to ask,did you pull those numbers out of your ass ? 

• Like 1

CDC says...

Why is the 3% to 11% estimate different from the previously cited 5% to 20% range?

The commonly cited 5% to 20% estimate was based on a study that examined both symptomatic and asymptomatic influenza illness, which means it also looked at people who may have had the flu but never knew it because they didn’t have any symptoms. The 3% to 11% range is an estimate of the proportion of people who have symptomatic flu illness.

• Like 1

I didn't get tested, but im positive (lol) I had corona virus. was sick over a week with a fever over 103 deg and was coughing up blood. Was like flu x10. I'm here in the epicenter of it happening, so i don't doubt that i had it.

• Like 2

Wait a minute here, getting it more than once has not been figured out yet, that was on the news an hour ago, they also said they were not sure yet that a vaccine could even be made, it was also brought up that they still don't know if one can be a carrier for life like smallpox, but this was on the news, who knows what is true and what is not true.

They are not even sure if we(our own bodies) make antibodies for this virus yet, but again this was on the news.

Edited by wayno
17 minutes ago, wayno said:

Wait a minute here, getting it more than once has not been figured out yet, that was on the news an hour ago, they also said they were not sure yet that a vaccine could even be made, it was also brought up that they still don't know if one can be a carrier for life like smallpox, but this was on the news, who knows what is true and what is not true.

They are not even sure if we(our own bodies) make antibodies for this virus yet, but again this was on the news.

My suggestion is to stay away from network corporate news.

Not a good source for anything really.

• Like 1

Generally exposure to a virus triggers an antibody response by your body. An anti body is slowly figured out by your body somewhat like breaking a code. As long as the virus doesn't mutate enough to not be recognized by the purpose built anti body, it can go to work neutralizing a reintroduced virus. It doesn't have to spend time re-figuring out the code.

Newsies are just playing it safe by being being either vague or covering all the bets by saying that it hasn't been figured out yet.

• Thanks 1

It was a special report that preempted the news put on by the President, most the info/talking was from people in the health industry, they mentioned everything I posted, I am not saying they know everything, but Dmike said you could not get it more than once, well I have got the flu more than once in a flu season, it likely morphed into something else and I got it again, who knows how this is going to end, it has just started.

They are calling this a virus, no one can say anything for sure until this is over with and they know what it is exactly.

Edited by wayno
  • Like 1

So many strains of flu.   The flu vaccine is estimated 11-13% effective because of the sheer quantity of strains.  That said, any given year can be waaaay more affective, but the average over all years is embarrassingly low.  This is because of how many variations there are.  Same with Corona viruses.  The potential mutations are literally endless and only just beginning.   This one is likely to be less dangerous due to our acquired ammuno response, but we see these increasingly often.   The next Corona virus could be worse, and certainly not covered by our response to this one.   A vaccine against all flus and Corona virus’ could reallly be possible though.  Just a matter of finding the common factor.  I think they will, and this may be the mule that pulls that cart

• Like 2

I took a job in a

14 hours ago, john510 said:

I have to ask,did you pull those numbers out of your ass ? 

Not completely, just worst case numbers given by "experts" to make a point on the other extreme.  

• Like 1

The truth usually falls somewhere between the extremes.

What will the total cost be for all this????? An unimaginable amount. There is a good incentive now to work out a universal vaccine. It would be way cheaper in the long run than having this happen in a few years or a generation from now. The WHO was at least trying but they were only paid lip service before now. Live and learn.  Still their job is like enforcing laws to wear seat belts. It can save your life, but at first it's like "why do I have to wear this thing, it's uncomfortable" This is a huge wake up call.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

The truth usually falls somewhere between the extremes.

The WHO was at least trying but they were only paid lip service before now. Live and learn.

WHO isn't a totally trusted entity, on 21 Jan what they were saying was just move along folks nothing to see here.

These same warnings were also published in the NY Times etc. but you need a subscription to read them :

WHO Declines to Declare China Virus Outbreak a Global Health Emergency

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/who-declines-to-declare-china-virus-outbreak-a-global-health-emergency/

They finally declared it a pandemic on 11 March

Edited by Ooph!
added pandemic date
  • Like 1

China is fucked up. The WHO should know what everyone else thinks.. that China's state run government isn't to be trusted. Not to mention China wrote the book on corruption. We can only hope the entire world forces China to adopt new verifiable measures to prevent the genie getting out of the bottle again.

• Like 1