Jump to content
Mattndew76

Covid-19 Prepared?

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, datzenmike said:

 

Think about this...

Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite...... (Every nation gets the government it deserves) ..... Joseph de Maistre 1753-1821

 

 

" it took FEMA five days to get water to the Superdome"..... Matt Farrell..... quote from Live Free and Die Hard.

 

"Let the blame settle on those most worthy of it" ..... datzenmike March '20.

 

 

Why not find those who have survived covid 19 and enlist their aid in helping those with it? Surely they will be immune to it and be protected by anti bodies. I have had the regular flu before and as soon as able I was back to work and no one I came in contact with afterwards with got it from me. Again, surely some nurses and Drs. have recovered from it by now, some one should look into this.

 

As to it swirling around in the southern hemisphere and coming back next winter I say maybe a vaccine will be fast tracked by then?

You should contact the CDC.Or stop pretending you're a Doctor,biologist and scientist all wrapped into one.I'm sure the professionals are way ahead of you when it comes to this situation.

Share this post


Link to post

Just an observation and I did say someone ''should look into this' and... 'maybe'.  Makes a hell of a lot better sense than saying things should be better and back to normal by Easter, doesn't it???????? In fact they ARE looking into harvesting anti bodies from recovered people.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, datzenmike said:

"Let the blame settle on those most worthy of it" ..... datzenmike March '20.

 

Why not find those who have survived covid 19 and enlist their aid in helping those with it? Surely they will be immune to it and be protected by anti bodies. I have had the regular flu before and as soon as able I was back to work and no one I came in contact with afterwards with got it from me. Again, surely some nurses and Drs. have recovered from it by now, some one should look into this.

 

As to it swirling around in the southern hemisphere and coming back next winter I say maybe a vaccine will be fast tracked by then?

 

I agree - blame should be placed at the people not following the literal pandemic playbook.....


Note: apparently if you have it once, you can get it again:
https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/487436-can-you-get-coronavirus-twice

As far as warmer weather slowing it down, it's all over Australia and other south american countries right now who are already experiencing their summers, so I hope it will slow, but:
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-australia-summer-warm-weather-2020-3

It looks like the best thing we can do until then is slow down everything until we have a antibody / curse / solution to this. 

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, after testing positive and suffering through this you would want to be symptom free for say 3 weeks and a negative test. Generally your immune system's antibodies would be on guard and protect you if you were exposed a gain. Eventually an antibody test will come round and I for one would rather have an antibody test positive which shows I survived covid19 and am protected. There is the slight remote risk of the virus mutating, perhaps in the southern hemisphere during our summer, just enough that our acquired immunity can't recognize it.

 

54 minutes ago, BrothersGarage said:

 

I agree - blame should be placed at the people not following the literal pandemic playbook.....


 

 

Mostly those in charge who's playbook is business as usual.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BrothersGarage said:

 

I agree - blame should be placed at the people not following the literal pandemic playbook.....


Note: apparently if you have it once, you can get it again:
https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/487436-can-you-get-coronavirus-twice

As far as warmer weather slowing it down, it's all over Australia and other south american countries right now who are already experiencing their summers, so I hope it will slow, but:
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-australia-summer-warm-weather-2020-3

It looks like the best thing we can do until then is slow down everything until we have a antibody / curse / solution to this. 

Place blame where this problem originated.China.They were the ones that tried to sweep it under the rug.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, john510 said:

Place blame where this problem originated.China.They were the ones that tried to sweep it under the rug.


That excuse or change change the fact that our own country has continued to drop the ball

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, BrothersGarage said:


That excuse or change change the fact that our own country has continued to drop the ball

Ok what's your solution to this problem ? Nobody dropped the ball.It's just not that simple to have a world leader "talk" us out of this.Again,think about where this problem originated and what that country did to notify the world they have a problem.I'll leave it at that so i don't end up going down a forbidden road.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, john510 said:

Ok what's your solution to this problem ? Nobody dropped the ball.It's just not that simple to have a world leader "talk" us out of this.Again,think about where this problem originated and what that country did to notify the world they have a problem.I'll leave it at that so i don't end up going down a forbidden road.


I am not stating I am professional, but you know what I would do? Is LISTEN TO THE FUCKING PROFESSIONALS:
https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-doctors-physicians-trump-doctors-easter-quarantine-20200328-wq5crqvwrbgrbb62mor7oct4t4-story.html

Get that shit out of here that "no body dropped the ball' too. I can drop like 30+ examples right now, with sources about how this has been mismanaged - SO FAR

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a31677485/coronavirus-trump-administration-rejected-who-test/
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/25/trump-coronavirus-national-security-council-149285

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/17/trump-dissed-coronavirus-pandemic-worry-now-claims-he-warned-about-it.html

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/19/donald-trump/was-novel-coronavirus-really-sneaky-its-spread-us-/
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/18/donald-trump/trump-says-he-always-felt-coronavirus-was-pandemic/
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/11/donald-trump/donald-trumps-wrong-claim-anybody-can-get-tested-c/
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-calls-coronavirus-test-perfect-and-compares-it-to-ukraine-phone-call/
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-04/trump-blames-obama-era-rule-for-coronavirus-test-shortage
https://khn.org/news/trump-wrongly-said-health-insurers-will-pay-for-all-coronavirus-treatment/
https://www.wired.com/story/coronavirus-donald-trump-google-website/
And here's 28 more:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/11/politics/fact-check-trump-administration-coronavirus-28-dishonest/index.html

But don't forget: "I don't take responsibilty at all"
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/13/trump-coronavirus-testing-128971

I don't give a shit about world leaders or politics, but I can easily point to the massive fumbling that has occurred and pointing to the fact that this started in China isn't going to do shit to get our economy back on track or stop old people from dying stupid deaths because we don't want the economy to be shitty for too long.  

But I can give you the "easy' answer.

Stay home. Wash your goddamn hands. Stop hoarding toilet paper. Call your loved ones and
giphy.gif

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

So who makes the call that we have a deadly possible pandemic on our hands?

What is the criteria for sounding a pandemic alarm?

Is every country on it's honor to be truthful and timely in it's reporting?

Surely some 'shit hole' countries don't have anything in place.

What about accidental cries of wolf that are false alarms? 

 

I think in the future all nations should have a separate body, not answerable to any host nation and free of politics, that has authority to go anywhere and monitor possible hot spots and sound the alarm. There should be new enforceable protocols in place for containment and the severest penalties for disobeying them by the people and the host country. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

So who makes the call that we have a deadly possible pandemic on our hands?

What is the criteria for sounding a pandemic alarm?

Is every country on it's honor to be truthful and timely in it's reporting?

Surely some 'shit hole' countries don't have anything in place.

What about accidental cries of wolf that are false alarms? 

 

I think in the future all nations should have a separate body, not answerable to any host nation and free of politics, that has authority to go anywhere and monitor possible hot spots and sound the alarm. There should be new enforceable protocols in place for containment and the severest penalties for disobeying them by the people and the host country. 



In this case there are quite a few places that can call it a 'pandemic' - it all matters who you listen to. Do you wanna listen to the World Health Organization?
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/03/11/814474930/coronavirus-covid-19-is-now-officially-a-pandemic-who-says

Or your federal government labels it as a pandemic when it has reached those levels, or a stale level? What matters is how many people are affected, and we can see the numbers ever 3 days doubling so that's pretty alarming. 

Sounding the alarm again probably relies on the body that is reporting it but the basic example is:
difference-between-epidemic-and-pandemic

I am sure every country is on their "honor" to report the correct numbers, but again - can you really trust China to report those numbers? Or what about small countries that don't have access to tests to even report numbers if they can't test? On top of that you also have to add all the 'misinformation' campaigns that are going on /tinfoid hat

Example: https://www.bankinfosecurity.com/russia-blamed-for-covid-19-disinformation-campaigns-a-13996
 

"Shit hole' countries are just going to get their asses handed to them with this. Most won't have the ability to pass information along to properly avoid it - let alone have the resources in place to test / fix / report / ect. Example -- most problems we as a species were dealing with shit like Ebola was still reoccurring in outer small countries like The Congo - because of the remote areas that would harbor inflation of the disease. BUT we finally kicked it's ass just before Covid19 took over our lives. 

 

I am not sure what you mean by people calling false alarms / crying wolf about it, but there has been some interesting developments for people being complete shit-bags on humanity:
https://people.com/human-interest/influencer-who-participated-in-toilet-licking-challenge-says-he-tested-positive-for-coronavirus/
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/489495-police-missouri-man-charged-with-making-terrorist-threat-for
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/grocery-store-throws-out-35k-worth-food-woman-coughed-twisted-n1169401

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, BrothersGarage said:


I am not stating I am professional, but you know what I would do? Is LISTEN TO THE FUCKING PROFESSIONALS:
https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-doctors-physicians-trump-doctors-easter-quarantine-20200328-wq5crqvwrbgrbb62mor7oct4t4-story.html

Get that shit out of here that "no body dropped the ball' too. I can drop like 30+ examples right now, with sources about how this has been mismanaged - SO FAR

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a31677485/coronavirus-trump-administration-rejected-who-test/
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/25/trump-coronavirus-national-security-council-149285

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/17/trump-dissed-coronavirus-pandemic-worry-now-claims-he-warned-about-it.html

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/19/donald-trump/was-novel-coronavirus-really-sneaky-its-spread-us-/
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/18/donald-trump/trump-says-he-always-felt-coronavirus-was-pandemic/
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/11/donald-trump/donald-trumps-wrong-claim-anybody-can-get-tested-c/
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-calls-coronavirus-test-perfect-and-compares-it-to-ukraine-phone-call/
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-04/trump-blames-obama-era-rule-for-coronavirus-test-shortage
https://khn.org/news/trump-wrongly-said-health-insurers-will-pay-for-all-coronavirus-treatment/
https://www.wired.com/story/coronavirus-donald-trump-google-website/
And here's 28 more:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/11/politics/fact-check-trump-administration-coronavirus-28-dishonest/index.html

But don't forget: "I don't take responsibilty at all"
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/13/trump-coronavirus-testing-128971

I don't give a shit about world leaders or politics, but I can easily point to the massive fumbling that has occurred and pointing to the fact that this started in China isn't going to do shit to get our economy back on track or stop old people from dying stupid deaths because we don't want the economy to be shitty for too long.  

But I can give you the "easy' answer.

Stay home. Wash your goddamn hands. Stop hoarding toilet paper. Call your loved ones and
giphy.gif

We would be in exactly the same situation we are now no matter what our leader said or did.Stop blaming us (our leaders and citizens) for this.Mother nature does what she wants and we usually can't control it.My hands get washed constantly,i'm not hoarding anything and i'm also not staying at home 100% unless i get the virus.I've been working and enjoying my empty freeways daily.Providing links to extremely biased news sources does not help you prove a point.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, john510 said:

We would be in exactly the same situation we are now no matter what our leader said or did.Stop blaming us (our leaders and citizens) for this.Mother nature does what she wants and we usually can't control it.My hands get washed constantly,i'm not hoarding anything and i'm also not staying at home 100% unless i get the virus.I've been working and enjoying my empty freeways daily.Providing links to extremely biased news sources does not help you prove a point.

 

giphy.gif

Feel free to provide sources for your views if you wanna attack mine LOL
 

 

Edited by BrothersGarage

Share this post


Link to post

 The first clip said we had ONE case,was he supposed to start the panic at that point ? 10 days later we had 8 cases.Panic then ? There are over 330,000,000 million people here in this country.I can see your obvious dislike of our President.He was screwed no matter what he said or did.Maybe you should think for yourself instead of waiting for a politician to do it for you ? Serious question here,when you heard of the first case did you isolate yourself from the world or go on as usual ? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, john510 said:

 The first clip said we had ONE case,was he supposed to start the panic at that point ? 10 days later we had 8 cases.Panic then ? There are over 330,000,000 million people here in this country.I can see your obvious dislike of our President.He was screwed no matter what he said or did.Maybe you should think for yourself instead of waiting for a politician to do it for you ? Serious question here,when you heard of the first case did you isolate yourself from the world or go on as usual ? 


I don't wanna get banned for attacking people but Jesus fucking Christ you really fail at reading comprehension.  I don't give a FUCK about Trump or ANY OTHER politician but you wanna go ahead and ignore evidence and be too fucking lazy to read other sources that may challenge your views LOL and where are your links to even support them? Wanna talk about 'thinking for yourself'? Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

I am displeased how this country has handled this 'pandemic'. At every chance rather than listen to professionals and 'take it safe' we have carried on as 'business as usual'. Go do what ever you fucking wanna do and enjoy knowing that you've potentially killed your loved ones because you're too stupid to read more than one source of information. 
 


 

Share this post


Link to post

Serious over reaction here.Are you really claiming it's "business as usual" ? Will you answer that last question in my previous post ? There's no need for name calling,it doesn't help you prove a point.And lay off the CNN,it's bad for the mind.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, john510 said:

 The first clip said we had ONE case,was he supposed to start the panic at that point ? 10 days later we had 8 cases.Panic then ? There are over 330,000,000 million people here in this country.I can see your obvious dislike of our President.He was screwed no matter what he said or did.Maybe you should think for yourself instead of waiting for a politician to do it for you ? Serious question here,when you heard of the first case did you isolate yourself from the world or go on as usual ? 

 

First of all HE'S NO FUCKING EXPERT..... on anything.  

 

There was precious little good reliable information out there to base anything on, which brings us round to crying wolf. No one is going to stay home based on so little believable info or we'd never go to work.

 

We need something global and free to act without restraints from any political tampering.  Take this out of political hands totally. Have all the worlds countries sign on. Like a 'United Nations' of Health.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, john510 said:

Serious over reaction here.Are you really claiming it's "business as usual" ? Will you answer that last question in my previous post ? There's no need for name calling,it doesn't help you prove a point.And lay off the CNN,it's bad for the mind.

 

1. Considering the president doesn't wanna listen to Doctors and re-open the country by Easter, and has multiple times said that people should go into the office, then yup that's pretty clear evidence that the government wants to act like business as usual. Serious question did you even watch the video of trump doing JUST this that I posted?

2. You wanna go ahead and address any of the other points I brought up since I've taken the time to address yours?

3. Please point out to me where the name calling is - I said you need to work on your reading comprehension. AGAIN PLEASE DO SO.

4. THEN ADDRESS THE OTHER SOURCES AND PROVIDE SOME TO BACK UP YOUR IDEAS PLEASE.

Edited by BrothersGarage

Share this post


Link to post

Ok ,,,check it out 

 

Cov is a shortened version of Covid19 .

FEFE is a song by singer 6ix9ine ,, who is a known FBI snitch ..

So when Trump tweeted out covfefe he mistakenly thought it was his world leader secret group text authorizating the FBI to unleash the covid virus 

 

let that sink in 


 

 

We had such an opportunity to argue this shit out tomorrow...  

 

fucking covid 

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, BrothersGarage said:

 

1. Considering the president doesn't wanna listen to Doctors and re-open the country by Easter, and has multiple times said that people should go into the office, then yup that's pretty clear evidence that the government wants to act like business as usual. Serious question did you even watch the video of trump doing JUST this that I posted?

2. You wanna go ahead and address any of the other points I brought up since I've taken the time to address yours?

3. Please point out to me where the name calling is - I said you need to work on your reading comprehension. Again. 

4. THEN ADDRESS THE OTHER SOURCES AND PROVIDE SOME TO BACK UP YOUR THOUGH PROCESS. 

Does the word "stupid" ring a bell from a previous post ? Your words.I see you're not going to answer that question about what you did when you heard of the first case.

Share this post


Link to post

I have reached out to family members and far away friends. Just to get their take on the conditions they are in.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, datzenmike said:

I have reached out to family members and far away friends. Just to get their take on the conditions they are in.

Me too.I'm also not letting my 77 year old mother come visit me even though she insists it's ok.I'm also not seeing my grandchildren or daughter that live 5 minutes from my house.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, john510 said:

Does the word "stupid" ring a bell from a previous post ? Your words.I see you're not going to answer that question about what you did when you heard of the first case.

 

I Said:  "Go do what ever you fucking wanna do and enjoy knowing that you've potentially killed your loved ones because you're too stupid to read more than one source of information. "

You wanna go ahead and point out where I Said "You are an X" please point it out. While you're at it go ahead and continue to ignore the other points 1,2 and 4. though. Thanks. 

Edited by BrothersGarage

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

 

First of all HE'S NO FUCKING EXPERT..... on anything.  

 

There was precious little good reliable information out there to base anything on, which brings us round to crying wolf. No one is going to stay home based on so little believable info or we'd never go to work.

 

We need something global and free to act without restraints from any political tampering.  Take this out of political hands totally. Have all the worlds countries sign on. Like a 'United Nations' of Health.


 

Keep in mind the world health organization said there was not clear evidence of human to human transmission.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.