Covid-19 Prepared?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I havent read this whole.thread tbh. 

But shit went from 0-100 really quick here. (New zealand) 

Govt handed down a.four week lockdown. Everyone expects it will run for at least 6 weeks. 

Only essential services allowed to be open. Everyone else stay home. 

I'm going to make so much progress on my 620.  I'm beaming from ear to ear.

• Like 3

I was picking up mowers for repair and spoke to a retired engineer that I have done work for in past years.  We were talking when he got a call from one of his children.  He said his kids have all called wanting to know where he keeps his will. No " how are you is there anything you need", "how can I help" etc., just what am I going to get when you pass.  He asked me to witness a new will he had just made giving what he has to a local animal shelter.  " If they (the kids) act like animals I'll give to the shelter  where the residents don't have opposable thumbs.

I am not a covetous person but I would love to have his "hobby lobby" in my shop. He has tools that I could only dream of for metal, plastic and wood. He designed and built his own wheel chair so he can get to where he needs to go and still use all the tools.  He is so feisty I doubt the virus is going to have any effect on him!

• Like 3

That's 'normal' behavior for kids that got everything handed to them that they wanted when younger. Why wouldn't it continue? When my dad passed I got a chance to choose something of his. I got his pocket watch... an old Westclox Dax worth about $3 in 1952. By turning my head I can see it hanging from a nail on a chain. How many times I begged him to let me wind it as a kid. (chuckle) Make sure you go to the reading of that will!!!!

• Like 4
22 hours ago, jagman said:

I was picking up mowers for repair and spoke to a retired engineer that I have done work for in past years.  We were talking when he got a call from one of his children.  He said his kids have all called wanting to know where he keeps his will. No " how are you is there anything you need", "how can I help" etc., just what am I going to get when you pass.  He asked me to witness a new will he had just made giving what he has to a local animal shelter.  " If they (the kids) act like animals I'll give to the shelter  where the residents don't have opposable thumbs.

I am not a covetous person but I would love to have his "hobby lobby" in my shop. He has tools that I could only dream of for metal, plastic and wood. He designed and built his own wheel chair so he can get to where he needs to go and still use all the tools.  He is so feisty I doubt the virus is going to have any effect on him!

I hope.my parents live to be very very old

I.cbf dealing with the eventuality of their estates. Theres a bit of value in there. Bit I'd happily not have to deal with that for as long as possible.  (Especially cos dad has more cars than I have room to store)

5 minutes ago, bananahamuck said:

I said good morning to Bort but didn’t notice I had posted in another thread,,, haha 

so good morning again Bort 

You hear anything about Disability service finances being cut?

We got notice from our kiddos teacher that Oregon is allocating disability education money to other areas because of the economic stop.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mattndew76 said:

You hear anything about Disability service finances being cut?

We got notice from our kiddos teacher that Oregon is allocating disability education money to other areas because of the economic stop.  

we qualified for very few services just DDD for Medicaid ( having pretty decent insurance from work and them being American Indians,, everything was free and since none of them payed total ,, nothing was denied or cost anything )  .. wife makes to much money even with 4 kids till last year when they turned 18 and now we are just guardians and now go off their income ,, so basically starting from scratch on all that stuff.. 

Last year we had to do guardianship ,,, THAT was spendy ,, I think it was $4000. For each boy .. And that was a deal because there was two so didn’t need separate court dates or guardian ad litem appointments .. kinda weird To go thru that .. You can actually do it yourself for almost free ,, but like the old saying about being your own lawyer.... my wife is paralegal and was stressed about what could happen if you get it wrong somehow.. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

we qualified for very few services just DDD for Medicaid ( having pretty decent insurance from work and them being American Indians,, everything was free and since none of them payed total ,, nothing was denied or cost anything )  .. wife makes to much money even with 4 kids till last year when they turned 18 and now we are just guardians and now go off their income ,, so basically starting from scratch on all that stuff.. 

Last year we had to do guardianship ,,, THAT was spendy ,, I think it was $4000. For each boy .. And that was a deal because there was two so didn’t need separate court dates or guardian ad litem appointments .. kinda weird To go thru that .. You can actually do it yourself for almost free ,, but like the old saying about being your own lawyer.... my wife is paralegal and was stressed about what could happen if you get it wrong somehow.. 

I set my wife on the path of guardianship once Violette is old enough. We are trying to establish a trust with our retirement too. Just have to wait to see if any of her sibs turn out to be good people.  So far so good. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, datzenmike said:

tenor.gif?itemid=3421612

Sure. But every country lies for it's own good. Weapons of mass destruction comes to mind but there are dozens of incidents.  

Unfortunately  ....Pretty much much the truth ^^^ more or less.....on a wide spectrum

Yet....it's China....🤔

Sister in law caught c o r o n a ....felt sick for three weeks ....works from home when she can per her company....other than a HIGH FEVER.....mild symptoms ....she is still sick !

my brother caught it as well as he lives with her ....mild symptoms.....other than high fever....still sick 

Both WA residents , she tested positive...either way was told to self quarantine

Edited by I'm BLUE
  • Like 1

WE, (greater N America) have had it too easy for generations. WE haven't had to self sacrifice much since WW2. Few among us today remember Victory Gardens and scrap steel and rubber drives, food and gas rationing, meatless Thursdays. If WW2 happened tomorrow would WE be able to see the peril and make the sacrifice?

• Like 4
10 hours ago, I'm BLUE said:

Sister in law caught c o r o n a ....felt sick for three weeks ....works from home when she can per her company....other than a HIGH FEVER.....mild symptoms ....she is still sick !

my brother caught it as well as he lives with her ....mild symptoms.....other than high fever....still sick 

Both WA residents , she tested positive...either way was told to self quarantine

Hope that it passes fast for them and everyone stays safe, you included!

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

WE, (greater N America) have had it too easy for generations. WE haven't had to self sacrifice much since WW2. Few among us today remember Victory Gardens and scrap steel and rubber drives, food and gas rationing, meatless Thursdays. If WW2 happened tomorrow would WE be able to see the peril and make the sacrifice?

I can't like this comment hard enough. Nail. On. Head.  Is it an even or odd day so you can get gas?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1