Covid-19 Prepared?

I read on the BBC last night that England is asking 65,000 retired nurses and doctors to come back to work🤨  Aren't they in the most vulnerable category?  That's a big ask.  "You're just sitting around the house anyway you might as well come back and die doing something useful."

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, dhp123166 said:

Mike Huckabee says we can return to using corn cobs to clean the posterior of fecal matter.

How does that work? Does one draw the corn cob back and forth across the anal region allowing the nooks and crannies of the corn cob to give the cling-ons a new home?

Or does one anally insert the corn cob ( is this where cornhole come from ?) to really attack that "not so fresh feeling ?"

Personally, I like my idea of the outdoor handheld bidet ( read: hose) as an alternative to t.p. et al.

You seem to be spending some time reading up on Republican politics.

2 hours ago, thisismatt said:

I can't tell if you retards making the automobile fatalities comparison are serious or not. I'll assume not for the sake of your intelligence.

I'm not serious about it.Why the retard remark ? retard is the way people have let this situation take over their lives as if we've been attacked with nuclear weapons.Caution and concern is great but people are out of control with the paranoia.I can't help but laugh at those that get in line at Costco at 6 am and STAND WITH HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE all the while freaking out about catching the flu.People really need to get a grip on things and relax a little bit.

And in all of this how is everyone doing? I hope you’re all doing well.

My husband and I aren’t working as of this week. Hollywood (entertainment industry) is shut down. My friends are slowly being laid off. This is going to be really tough for a lot people.

Meanwhile, just read today the FDA announced it has authorized the use of the first rapid diagnostic test that could detect the novel coronavirus in 45 minutes. An article I read yesterday said the municiple health system has told its staff they’re abandoning hope of containing the virus outbreak and instructed doctors not to bother testing symptomatic patients if a positive result won’t change the way they’ll be treated. This decision was made based on the overwhelming amount of patients and shortage of tests. Maybe this test that was just approved will change this decision. It’s a little disconcerting that there would be no testing at all. How else can you determine how bad it really is? It has only just gotten started. It’ll get worse before it gets better. I’m keeping my head about it. I’m not getting all the panic buying. People have lost their collective minds.

Edited by colourbox
  • Like 7
14 hours ago, datzenmike said:

150 dead today!!!

That's roughly how many people died in car accidents today and yesterday and tomorrow and daily for the next year.

150 a day from the 'seasonal flu'.

227 a day from diabitus

400 a day from strokes

1,600 a day from Cancer

Those deaths are acceptable and already factored in for the real owners Mike.

Big pharma needs those ones to die so that people will keep paying for the meds etc 

11 hours ago, datzenmike said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Auto deaths.... retarted... yes.

A lot of similarities. Mostly preventable.

Symptoms, if coughing and sneezing, definitely. Fever most definitely. I don't think they do much to prevent getting. When it's all over we'll find out some facts. 

Like:

Buying TP was retarded

We know quite a bit.  Speculation scatters data. You can spread this for days before being symptomatic.  And if I’m wrong, then I’m wrong on the right side of things. 

• Like 1

I just saw an ad in the local paper.A building renovation business

is giving away ONE free roll of toilet paper with each purchase * -

* With purchase of $1000 or more.

19 hours ago, KELMO said:

Outdooors? C'mon Bro.

Check this food for thought out.

Most of us have a shower head attached to a hose. Wait, is that just me? Two words, "Shower Massage."

Most of us probably have a toilet next to the shower.

Almost all of us have washcloths.

I call it the Redneck Bidet.

If you don't get it, keep searching for some TP.

Most of the above is sarcasm with a bit of probably gonna actually have to do that.

No issues with toilet paper purchasing thus far.

Like everything else it can be found online ( if I know where to look).

Edited by dhp123166
3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

How the fuck you figure that unless you know or show it's fake and then why bother in the first place. Does fake information on your Datsun help any?

That is part of the fun (at least for me) of modern life, interpreting the data bombarding me daily.

The act of interpretation keeps me from subconsciously absorbing too much of the items I would call bullcrap.

That is how the fuck I figure that.

Anyway back to; 

"preparedness for the coming flu epidemic... and a few laughs."    No laughs here folks.

This was gleaned from the internet;

Disinfecting with Clorox,

Today, I wanted to make a mixture of Clorox to disinfect the counter tops in the kitchen, bathroom, etc.  The working mixture of bleach to disinfect is 1:10 (initial volume/final volume).  I assumed that the amount of Sodium Hypochlorite (SH) in the Clorox bottles was 6-7%. 

I checked the several bottles of Clorox (4 of them) we have in the laundry room and I could not find the amount of SH on any of the bottle labels.  These Clorox bottles are all of the “Splash-Less” type, commonly available in the stores, and therefore the amount of SH, although not stated on the label, I have found it is no more than 1%.  So if you dilute it further 1:10, you end up with a mixture with 0.1% SH, just good enough to brighten your laundry, and that’s about it!

Furthermore, on ONLY one of the 4 bottles, it states clearly that this type of “Splash-Less” Clorox is NOT made to disinfect anything!   

The solution is to buy REGULAR BLEACH CLOROX, that is if you still can find it, which has the right concentration of SH (It is shown on the label), or use another make of beach, but also checking first the SH concentration.

• Like 1

This is a site I look at on a frequent basis, or a few times a day.  I write down each day what the number of cases in the USA are, and the time I looked at the site. 

For the last few days, the number of cases in the USA has been doubling every two days.  Now, that increase probably is being affected by more testing kits becoming available, but it is a hard number.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

There will also be some undocumented, like mild symptoms, never tested, recovered and move on with life, but the death rate is fairly accurate. Italy climbed from 368 a day to about 800 per day in less than a week. Again they have a much older population with prior health issues so that skews it a bit.... and running out of available treatments.

I got a flyer from the VA. A couple of the things in there.

One of the symptoms is having a sore throat for 3-4 days, & it can't

survive above 80 degrees.

Also,drink lots hot liquids.

54 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Uh how does it survive in a body that's 98.6F and usually sets of the body's defense of a fever temperature?

I believe they were referring to surfaces (metal,etc).

Found this graphic page on the big f b  it seems to accurately present data and shows its sources 

I find it interesting that the Deaths per day from Covid-19 are still below some very well know diseases.

Aannnd sorry I didn't know how to get it regular size and found you have to click on it several times  to see it

https://informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/covid-19-coronavirus-infographic-datapack/

t7dfmql7Mznv-YUORh4r3ro_dOWdDHbnZHLO7XYH

Edited by Ooph!
  • Thanks 1