Covid-19 Prepared?

be honest this is BAD all a way round. People just don't know BIG a Deal this is yet and not taking it serious.

small shops going out of bussiness

Just 3 weeks ago everything was going gang busters and stock market was up and I was at a all time high. Now Im down $200K

This is all Made in China (wet markets sell of animals from dogs cats bats and exotic animals) and if we get over this hopefully we try to buy more Made in USA if possible from Boots, shoes clothes, Cars tools ect………..  last 2 virus came from China.  they need to take a Health screening before getting on a flight from now on.  If Trump never put the restrictions on there would be more from Europe as Chinese tourist flood the Italian citys and in Bulgaria of all places, Seattle is hit hard as its a hub for China to then spread out.

Hopefully we learn for this and don't have open borders in the future.

Lucky in America people don't ride public transport as much as they do in Europe. However we see a big hit in NY as this cam from Europe and a lot more Subways taxis busses ect might spread this out.

Hopefully in summer this goes away

• Like 6
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I said earlier that the new norm might include a medical permission to fly, cruise ship etc. Probably easy enough to seal up all ports of entry for this screening... they screen luggage and metal detect so why not a medical screen. In a year or so there will be a vaccine. Maybe there should be a fast track for vaccines to be made when these things break out of China.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I said earlier that the new norm might include a medical permission to fly, cruise ship etc. Probably easy enough to seal up all ports of entry for this screening... they screen luggage and metal detect so why not a medical screen. In a year or so there will be a vaccine. Maybe there should be a fast track for vaccines to be made when these things break out of China.

There's no vaccine for SARS or MERS years later. What makes you claim one will be available for this?

"They" say they're working on it. SARS and MERS isn't nearly as wide spread or a pandemic. There's more incentive to produce one to protect your parents or grand-parents. 

My hours are changed to 7 till 3:30 so I can be out of the office before the second crew comes in for the day at 8. Have to leave before 3:30 and if we come back early in the day we can't go back out. No more than 3 people at any time in our make ready room. Have to fill out a questionnaire every morning asking about any symptoms. Schools in BC are closed I think through September.

• Like 1

MERS is a respiratory bug that jumped from Camels to Men in the middle east. SARS is a poultry virus that jumped from chicken to Ferret, then to human in CHINA. Anyone care to guess what province? Its the one with the biggest wet market.....WUHAN. 

I am loving the new narrative from China. "Its the fault of the USA."

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 2

i went to wally world today and the only thing i didn't get was eggs/water/ T-P but i was able to get meat/bread/ vegetables/cheese. then i was on my way to frys to see if they had eggs/water and who should be following me sparkletts water truck heading to home depot i was able to get (3) 5 gallon water jugs in exchange of empty jugs, i could have bought more but i would be paying more cuz of not enough empty return jugs. will try tomorrow to see if safeway has eggs/T-P/paper towels

Edited by gene knight
  • Like 2

Get food stuffs. Can't eat TP and paper towels. Get a big  bag of oatmeal, sugar, rice, canned goods. There should be unlimited water in your tap so don't wast time fighting over bottled water. Multivitamins if it will make you feel safer.

• Like 3

Well , yesterday , sucked , had to lay off 3 employee's per my marching orders.

I talked briefly to other business'school in our complex.

I didn't like hearing that at least 1/3 of them were planning to take the same steps/strides.....

I'm expecting to stop working at some point.... or slow to a crawl...... just.not sure when......

This is no good ,  I really hope the economy doesn't suffer long term 

Edited by I'm BLUE
  • Like 1

Remember all those WTSHTF nuts?  Well I'm not laughing. We really are just 3 meals away from anarchy.  Seemed like more cops on the road but this could be that they stick out more with less cars around. Saw my first idiot driving around with a shitty dust mask on.

8210.jpg

The N95 gets 95% of dust down to almost the size of a virus.  So out of 2,000,000 particles at 5 micron size, 100,000 get through?

I am always a skeptic to any tin foil stuff but at same time accept that nations and other vested interests run cartels and cabals. 

If this is a chinese based attempt to show all that they are needed for a global economy etc and if the rest of the worlds' intelligence services ever discover this yeah they'll be pissed.