Covid-19 Prepared?

4 hours ago, thisismatt said:

Meanwhile, in India...

Hundreds of Hindus hold a cow urine drinking party in the belief it has the medicinal properties to fight off coronavirus

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8112169/Hundreds-Hindus-hold-cow-urine-drinking-party-belief-fight-coronavirus.html

I guess not all the stupid people live here.

Wtf!? Fake news?!! 🤣🤣🤣 my daughters school just shut down for two weeks. Looks like i get a state funded vacation! Rumor is my job may get shut down too. #nopaidsickleavesucks!! I am plenty stocked up on thc though!

Edited by 510revisited
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, 510revisited said:

Wtf!? Fake news?!! 🤣🤣🤣 my daughters school just shut down for two weeks. Looks like i get a state funded vacation! Rumor is my job may get shut down too. #nopaidsickleavesucks!! I am plenty stocked up on thc though!

Fake? which part that people drink cow urine or that not all stupid people live here?

from 2014 ----> 

It's all relative.

Blood puddling...clotted pigs blood sausage

Haggis.... offal ground with onions and cooked in a sheep's stomach.

Cheese... which is moldy putrefied cream solids

Head cheese.. rendered down pig's head jelly.

Snails.

Raw oysters

Budweiser

• Like 5

This all leaves more time in the shop for my little Datsun friends.  They would never infect me, except for tetanus if I'm lucky!  Hand sanitizer can be made with rubbing alcohol and water or soap.  No need to find it in the stores.  Pour Clorox in a package of baby wipes......now you have Clorox wipes.  

I'm going to install a baaaaadeee if I have no toilet paper!!  Or a garden hose!!

Be smart and stay safe is what it all boils down to in the end. 

• Like 2
Cough cough,maybe that wasnt the best opening line considering these time,bust dusted off the freaks username :shock:

Hope everyone is doing well.given the times right now

Here is some info I have found on this virus

They did this training thing just before it started,watch the videos

http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/ ... Ib-NVGRKwI

https://apps.who.int/gpmb/annual_report ... zsF9bDyQhs

https://blogs.worldbank.org/voices/swif ... OCfTUSPAl0

https://www.imf.org/en/News/Articles/2020/03/04/sp030420-imf-makes-available-50-billion-to-help-address-coronavirus?fbclid=IwAR2GcZjF-InxeTBq2vWFRNoENYQTtp85nHFXgorwl3NQIgeLs7ocNOcC8XY

Most of the people around here that do repair and service work are past retirement age.  We interact with the populace on a regular basis.  None of the people I have spoken with is overly

concerned  about themselves but do worry about "the older folks" and are making more of an effort to stay in touch with those near them in case they need help.  All the churches here have cancelled all services which means that a normal method of communicating concerns to others has decreased.  I spoke to several of my customers about this and they have agreed to "look in" on their elderly neighbors for the foreseeable future.  This might be something we all should consider doing?

• Like 2
11 hours ago, datzenmike said:

It's all relative.

Blood puddling...clotted pigs blood sausage

Haggis.... offal ground with onions and cooked in a sheep's stomach.

Cheese... which is moldy putrefied cream solids

Head cheese.. rendered down pig's head jelly.

Snails.

Raw oysters

Budweiser

The first time I tasted sake in Japan I immediately thought "warm Budweiser'"  That's how much rice Bud has.

My Safeway store TP aisle is bare as well.  Good news is they haven't started hoarding gloves.  I was able to get an entire box of black nitrile gloves at my local NAPA.  Woohoo!  And I actually needed them!  I made this yesterday: 😉

90104060_2569710720017131_47950573536175

• Like 3

That would be people buying more than they normally would. Shelve will be restocked and once people have what they think they need it will lessen. If you don't have what you need for a few weeks then you were very unprepared indeed. I have a few weeks worth of supplies (maybe more depending on how tired I get of rice and beans) and just recently got enough pet food for a few weeks. Have two 36 packs of TP still.

1 hour ago, 67_1600 said:

There has been talk about this virus being man-made. I wonder...

blockquote widget

I mean, technically, yes. It was made in a person. Intentionally? No. Bioweapons have a short half life.  The problem with this one is that it spreads easily and doesn't kill the host until it's spread.