Covid-19 Prepared?

Hey guys and gals.

Have you people been watching the progress of this type of influenza?

If not, maybe we could start a small discussion about the possible outcome, and what to do? Not for panic but to hedge against the possible.

Edited by Mattndew76
Info graphic
  • Like 2
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Strictly speaking no paper/gauze or surgical mask will stop a virus that is 0.004 to 0.4 microns in size. A 3M P100 particulate mask only filters down to 0.3 microns. This is probably why it spread so fast because people thought they had protection. Dream on, but it might catch larger droplets sprayed on you by someone sneezing. If you have the virus you should wear one to limit YOUR spreading it. To completely stop transmission you would need a respirator. As to surgical masks, what about your exposed eyes??? The best thing is abstinence from  all people who may have it and as you can't know this just stay away from people in general. For the foreseeable future DON'T ride in a plane, bus, taxi or train. DON'T go near a cruise ship! Avoid crowds in a closed room and specially a waiting room. Maybe you should drink at home for the next 6 months.

• Like 6

The regular flu that comes around every year has a mortality rate of .5 - 1.5% depending on which variety it is,  Covid- 19 seems to have a mortality rate somewhere from 1% - 3%.  Those are my numbers just from reading the news where they give you how many people are infected and how many have croaked.  The thing that seems to set Covid-19 apart is just how bloody easy it is to catch, much more so than the regular flu.

Going to have to give up breathing too.

• Like 2

Media? Just look at the regular news. !!!80,000,000 Americans at risk!!! Storm coming!!! It's like the news invented the weather. Well here's some news... there were storms and tornadoes as well as snow and ice even back in the '50s!!!

About 56,000 die from the flue each year in the US. 300,000 to 650,000 worldwide. Roughly one in every 11,000 people die. Not just the ones that catch it. The flu pandemic after WW1 was 30,000,000 to 50,000,000 but as the earth was not fully explored it could have been as high as 100,000,000. Thirty million is about 2% of the worlds population gone. Fifty million would be about 3%!!! 

3% of the world population today would be over 210,000,000!!!!!!! Or 2/3 of the US.

• Like 3

Its is not good to think this is "Like" Influenza B. 

This has a higher rate of secondary illness such as kidney failure and pneumonia. 

The numbers being reported aren't even the accurate ones, considering the CCP has been telling lies from the beginning to try and look competent. The morgues have been incinerating bodies 24 hours a day since November.  

This is a form of influenza but with a much higher contraction rate than what we have vaccines for. Covid-19 has also been shown to be A-Symptomatic for up to 42 days.. Do you know how many people and compounding interaction can happen in that time?

This has a much higher death rate than is being reported. We just aren't in the storm long enough to get an overall statistical view yet. 

• Like 1

My words come back to haunt me. I've said several times that we need a pandemic to cull the herd. We've stretched our resources past what will support us. We need to loose about 20% of the population now, not in a generation. Tap the brakes.

What's happening in Africa? Maps have no data of what's going on there and what about other so called shit holes? that don't have any form of CDC? and rely on others to quell outbreaks like ebola?

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

My words come back to haunt me. I've said several times that we need a pandemic to cull the herd. We've stretched our resources past what will support us. We need to loose about 20% of the population now, not in a generation. Tap the brakes.

What's happening in Africa? Maps have no data of what's going on there and what about other so called shit holes? that don't have any form of CDC? and rely on others to quell outbreaks like ebola?

This exactly.

China has huge amounts of traffic in and out of Africa. Shit we just had the first untraceable infection report from LA California. So who knows how many people that will compound into. 

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 1

I’m at doctors right now and a young woman was coughing .. another woman finally yelled at her.. to put on a fucking mask that were within arms reach .. 

I think if the woman hadn’t quickly done it the old woman was about to stuff one down her throat 

• Like 4

Like having hood pins and scoop on a Datsun.

I live with my wife alone, bike to work and work outdoors. I don't have to worry about the ride home on a bus/train/ride share. My wife has a car and  her own work schedule is flexible. Three grown up kids with spouses and 8 grand kids. That I worry about.

• Like 3