Covid-19 Prepared?

7 hours ago, Draker said:

I was at costco yesterday. It was fucking insane. I even saw some folks wearing dust masks with flatbeds full of food and water. There is no hand sanitizer for sale anywhere. 

Mentioned to my wife that it would be prudent to get more hand sanitizer. I guess everyone was ahead of us. Had to go to three stores, hard to find. She has one in her car. I tell her to do her hands and dry them on the steering wheel and shifter. When I drove to Canby I would do the same any time I handled something outside the car. Always have some extra stuff stored, everyone should, but if TSHTF we'll see what we missed.

• Like 4
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going to Tokyo next month.  I am not a carrier, so I do not intend to burden my luggage with masks. By the way, according to NHK News the upcoming Sumo tournament will be to an empty house.  I wonder if the electric consumption will increase due to the number of TV sets turned on.

2 hours ago, The Taterhead said:

I have a coworker that’s gone on a cruise this week for vacation. I hope they keep his dumb ass quarantined indefinitely. 

Never have ever understood 'cruise ships'. I would never subject myself to being interred with thousands in such cheek to cheek rat warren petri dish with the added risk of drowning. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 3/2/2020 at 2:07 PM, datzenmike said:

Never have ever understood 'cruise ships'. I would never subject myself to being interred with thousands in such cheek to cheek rat warren petri dish with the added risk of drowning. 

The cruise ship industry and it customers thank you.

• Like 1
On 3/2/2020 at 2:07 PM, datzenmike said:

Yeah...^^^^^.....I really didn't want to go on one ^^^ ....but alas....I.....went on one for our....honeymoon.............but..,....... fawk......if you're a red blooded single male........you get to see Thai,  Swedish,  Phillipino,  argentianian , blah blah blah ingredients from all over the fucking world..... instead of just my regular rub one out  to vfr's game saving post ass contributions  ( God bless you my son......God bless you.....)....... uhhhhhhhh I might have been thinking out loud slightly there......nothing to see here ......

Word of advice......take air freshener with you....... or face exile....... like nanners....to his trendy mini home shipping container outback.....for "storage"....

Back on topic.....Costco .....around me .....typically run out of bottled water by 3pm they say......so they say

There are people blocking pallets of water , having groups in their party put it on their cart asap.....

Watched people taking picture of mountains of bottled water they purchased just minutes ago out front of costco...

Watched people try to SELL bottled water by the bottle outside Costco entrance/exits....awesome.....

Covid19 is supposedly within 1-hour of me down the highway..?

A Nurse told me not all hand sanitizer is created equal , and some might be considered useless to a medical professional... I really don't know though....

We have food storage in my house....long and short term.....well before this.....

Well....what can I say.......the world is awesome.......

In my career.....customers and coworkers alike only want to talk about this virus

Edited by I'm BLUE
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

WTF?????? How is hoarding water make any sense????? If you are desperate and outside of Flint it's available in every tap. Better to buy dry goods so you don't have to go out. 

Yeah the emergency water thing boggles me. 

Maybe they think everything will come to a lurching halt from the virus. My 6 month emergency cupboard has Rice, Beans, Freeze Dried Fruits, Jerky, Noodles, Canned food, Canned Milk, Flour, Sugar, Spices, Baking soda, Baking powder, Corn meal, Coffee, and Tea.

Creswell is still an agriculture town so local dairy can still be purchased at good faith kiosks at the end of driveways. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, I'm BLUE said:

Yeah...^^^^^.....I really didn't want to go on one ^^^ ....but alas....I.....went on one for our....honeymoon.............but..,....... fawk......if you're a red blooded single male........you get to see Thai,  Swedish,  Phillipino,  argentianian , blah blah blah ingredients from all over the fucking world..... instead of just my regular rub one out  to vfr's game saving post ass contributions  ( God bless you my son......God bless you.....)....... uhhhhhhhh I might have been thinking out loud slightly there......nothing to see here ......

9si0rHE.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 3/4/2020 at 9:48 AM, Mattndew76 said:

Yeah the emergency water thing boggles me. 

Maybe they think everything will come to a lurching halt from the virus. My 6 month emergency cupboard has Rice, Beans, Freeze Dried Fruits, Jerky, Noodles, Canned food, Canned Milk, Flour, Sugar, Spices, Baking soda, Baking powder, Corn meal, Coffee, and Tea.

Creswell is still an agriculture town so local dairy can still be purchased at good faith kiosks at the end of driveways. 

what kind of Psycho can hoard even one pack of Jerky ?? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
28 minutes ago, VFR800 said:

For some reason here in Oz toilet paper is being grabbed up but the stores have now placed limits on what amounts per person. 

Corona virus is not going to make you shit more. . . 

Humans can be so dumb. 

Degrees of overreaction are funny.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MikeRL411 said:

So that makes disease a substitute for war in world population control ?  Mother Nature really is a bitch !

War takes predominantly men of breeding age but not those smart enough to evade service. In a way it selects for intelligence. Covid19 takes those with one foot in the grave. Fuck me  I warn't smart enough to have a good time and die young.....

• Haha 1