Covid-19 Prepared?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I've said several times that we need a pandemic to cull the herd. We've stretched our resources past what will support us. We need to loose about 20% of the population now, not in a generation. Tap the brakes.

Amen brother,  only I would say it should be more like 50% and 2 child policy after that so we don't screw it up again.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

My words come back to haunt me. I've said several times that we need a pandemic to cull the herd. We've stretched our resources past what will support us. We need to loose about 20% of the population now, not in a generation. Tap the brakes.

What's happening in Africa? Maps have no data of what's going on there and what about other so called shit holes? that don't have any form of CDC? and rely on others to quell outbreaks like ebola?

It just need to go after people who don't use common sense. I know I would have been put out of my misery a long time ago 😄

Good news though: https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/first-fda-approved-vaccine-prevention-ebola-virus-disease-marking-critical-milestone-public-health

9 hours ago, Rhapakatui said:

Volunteering for the front lines, or cheering from the back?

Cheering from the very back 😉

On second thought the answer is neither, I'm on the same cruise ship as everyone else, don't really have a say in the matter.

Edited by grannyknot
  • Like 2

I'm not overly worried about corona. But you should probably have enough dry food and water to last a few weeks anyway. Get a water filtration system, a generator, ammunition, extra medications if you need that type of thing. It sounds like some psycho plan but it's not. It's an insurance policy for a few weeks. 

FYI, you're going to use all that shit anyway, world going tits up or not. 

The bad news about this virus is that similar to SARS, we likely haven't seen the worst of it yet. If it follows the same ramp-up/down March/April will be the worst, and we will see relief in May. It's how cold/flu season goes.

worldwide2003_7_13.jpg

Edited by Draker
  • Like 3

Many years ago a branch office was practically shut down for two weeks because the flu ripped through it. I mentioned that there were flu shots and one $15 shot could prevent loss of productivity 1,000 times, so they started giving them out every November for free. This last year any member of the family could be brought in on 'flu shot day' and get one free. My reasoning to those who are reluctant is.... "Do you remember the last time you had the flu and how absolutely shitty you felt, and how there were 3 or 4 or more days like this to go? Do you remember? Now how much would you have paid to not feel as bad for even an hour???" Usually they get in line for what I call the "Alien DNA Splice".

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Draker said:

I'm not overly worried about corona. But you should probably have enough dry food and water to last a few weeks anyway. Get a water filtration system, a generator, ammunition, extra medications if you need that type of thing. It sounds like some psycho plan but it's not. It's an insurance policy for a few weeks. 

FYI, you're going to use all that shit anyway, world going tits up or not. 

The bad news about this virus is that similar to SARS, we likely haven't seen the worst of it yet. If it follows the same ramp-up/down March/April will be the worst, and we will see relief in May. It's how cold/flu season goes.

worldwide2003_7_13.jpg

I agree with this, have some long shelf life food and some water.  Even if things dont get bad, people sometimes will just make things worse.  The last place I want to be is at the grocery store if some freak out scenario causes everyone to panic.  If something happens I can go straight home and hopefully wait it out.  I have plenty to do at home, like working on getting my hood pins installed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If everyone caught this at the same time then there would be disruptions lasting 2-3 weeks while everyone is ill, but this won't happen. Instead it will ebb and flow like the tide till there are too many people that have resistance to it and it snuffs out. A sort of heard resistance. A fire that doesn't have enough fresh fuel to burn. This peak could take many months not weeks and if 80% are mild cases the rest may overwhelm the hospitals. Might be a good idea to go out and get it over with while there are resources to look after you if it turns out to be severe. The best position you could be in right now is to have recovered from having it.

I keep in mind that this outbreak is managed by people in the US who disavow all science, speak with no basis for their opinions and disdain expert advice.  I plan to do what I need to do regardless. If I get it so be it, I'm on medicare!!   

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
5 minutes ago, jagman said:

I keep in mind that this outbreak is managed by people in the US who disavow all science, speak with no basis for their opinions and disdain expert advice.  I plan to do what I need to do regardless. If I get it so be it, I'm on medicare!!   

I'm not sure I understand what you mean?

Is this an opinion from authority or just speculative from a far distance? 

If this is a political thing I suggest you keep this type of garbage to yourself.

• Like 2