Covid-19 Prepared?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, 510revisited said:

I work in San Francisco. The mayor just declared a state of emergency. Same in santa clara (probably more so because the niners lost 🤣)... 

Rightly so. Maybe the third world conditions on the streets of San Francisco will finally be dealt with?

Not bloody likely.

Edited by dhp123166
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, 510revisited said:

It is sad. Its such a beautiful city. Perfect weather all year long.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Faced with a possible public health catastrophe are the city leaders up there prepared to do what is necessary to prevent the spread of contagion?

Methinks not.

According to Newsom, theres only 200 test kits in the entire state. Apparently he has called for more. True or not, who knows. I dont think this is all that bad, or as bad as most are making it out to be. Maybe im wrong. I know its definitely a good time to buy some stocks, if you can afford to...

1 minute ago, 510revisited said:

According to Newsom, theres only 200 test kits in the entire state. Apparently he has called for more. True or not, who knows. I dont think this is all that bad, or as bad as most are making it out to be. Maybe im wrong. I know its definitely a good time to buy some stocks, if you can afford to...

Definitely a good time to buy, although the stock market has grown far too volatile for me to partake.

I'm going to cash in by having china sew up a few million cloth masks for me, and then I'll sell them on eBay.

Or maybe have them make fake corona test kits, and sell them.

If you have a scam, you can sell it on eBay...

9 minutes ago, 510revisited said:

Im sorry. Here, ill turn it around for you. Im not PREPARED, because i dont give a fuck. Its just another flu. Is that better? Topics stray in almost every thread. 

Right now I'm of the belief that this is a highly contagious but not very lethal virus. As it progresses around the world more info on lethality will confirm this I hope. I'm more concerned about the knee jerk reactions of the average idiot who watches and believes the news who basically feed the fire. 61,000 die from the flu every year in the US. I don't hear anyone giving a fuck about this! 36,000 from car accidents.  

• Like 1

I’m not “prepared” but I am prepared because I have two 19 year olds that are basically non verbal toddlers . So we are somewhat ,always , kind of a preppers to an extent .. 

I did go buy a couple extra cans of Lysol ( stinky 15 year old German shepherd that is an inside dog) , as I think they might be bought out in near future.  
   Hope they don’t start scaring people with quarantine to long ,,, as I have properties at beach that need to be sold,,, and if everyone is paranoid no one will travel out to see them . 

• Like 1

I’m just waiting for the peer reviewed studies to be established on this bug.

It’s a new one so not much has been published outside of its highly contagious. 
 This house gets hit by the flu 2x a year every year. So something new with a virus isn’t anything we want to experience.

Last I heard was 80% mild. What ever that means? Maybe garden variety a week coming and week sick, a week going? I'd be interested to see who dies from this. The elderly, kids with underdeveloped immune systems? Healthy adults like the H1N1 of 100 years ago?

I've gotten a seasonal flu shot every year for the last 20 at least. All those little gene splices running around in my system.... I take 4 grams (4,000 mil-grams) vitamin C every day. Lots of bike riding, work outdoors. Not worried yet.

It's been weaponized!!!!

Yeah, the first and last defense is to run to Cosco and buy 50 gallons of water. W in the F??????? There's water in the taps, this isn't a nuclear war!

My advice is to go out and get a dose of covid19 now and get it over with. If your health goes south there is still room in the hospitals. In a month they'll be lying in the street. No, wait.... they'll be chasing you down the street!!!!

• Haha 3

I think the water coming from that tap in just about every town in the USA aside from Flint is safe to drink. I don't understand why a viral issue would cause the lights and water to go away.

Food though is understandable for a supply chain shut down.

1 hour ago, Draker said:

I was at costco yesterday. It was fucking insane. I even saw some folks wearing dust masks with flatbeds full of food and water. There is no hand sanitizer for sale anywhere. 

Guess some panic has set in.

I made my shopping trip for a few months of dry goods and foods for my nonverbal kid's diet back in January. I had to hedge against the panic instead of the virus itself. 

Yesterday the freezer section in Walmart was about bare. Small town Cottage Grove Walmart not Eugene. 

This may be outta left field but...

I travel on I-40 on a daily basis. I noticed yesterday what seemed like an increased amount of freight trucks heading both east and west. Usually what I see is more semi traffic headed west one day, then headed east the next.

Also, I live in a smaller rural community that I-40 runs right through. There is a gas station/convenience store/fast food right off of the freeway on my way home. I usually stop for gas, ice, etc., I may stop doing that for awhile and get gas at a place that is farther away from a major freeway that connects several states.

• Like 1