Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, john510 said:

Biden and those that voted for him are fucking morons.That is all for now.

7 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I can only hope that most were not aware of how fucked their choice really was. I can assume that a Democrat simply eats shit from the hand of the news media without question. (basically they went to class but didn't do their homework the night before) If there was a mulligan for the election I bet the change would be epic.

7 hours ago, john510 said:

If those that voted for him weren't aware of how screwed up Biden is they need to have their right to vote taken away.I'm a firm believer that the hatred of Trump (thanks to the media) was the biggest factor.It still shocks me what the average voter has done to this country.And we haven't even got started yet.

Yup blind hatred of Trump instead of looking at what he accomplished (hell I don't like him) and knowing how fucked up Biden was..... course this goes back to the lack of media coverage again.

agree with all of these 

by the way fuck biden and fuck you if you voted for him 

how long did it take for gas prices to rise more then a dollar a gallon 

One stupid mother fuckers executive order!!!!!!!!

what they will try to do to this country has not ever been seen before 

YES THATS HOW I REALLY FEEL 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Ranman72 said:

One stupid mother fuckers executive order!!

The gas price issue is much deeper than this. In reality american politicians only influence on the price of gas is how much they tax it. Oil is a world commodity and OPEC, Russia pretty much control the taps and we have been enjoying cheap gas at prices that are unsustainable for the company's producing it. Look at ExxonMobil, Aramco(Saudi oil) quarterly earnings. They have been operating at break even or even at a loss to stay afloat. They cannot provide refined gasoline at below production costs forever so gas prices will continue to rise no matter who is in office. I think Skib may back me up on this.

• Sad 1

Wasn't the US the world leader in oil exports just recently??????? I think it was. I guessing here but that's the reason oil companies were loosing their shirts. Then fracking and pipelines closed down. Russia has mostly natural gas not so much oil.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Ranman72 said:

agree with all of these 

by the way fuck biden and fuck you if you voted for him 

One stupid mother fuckers executive order!!!!!!!!

what they will try to do to this country has not ever been seen before 

YES THATS HOW I REALLY FEEL 

Also how I and nearly everyone I know feels as well. It was an illegitimate election as far as I'm concerned and I can't be convinced otherwise. Best can be done is like Georgia and others by reigning in voter fraud for future elections with simple and effective rules such as voter ID and extremely limiting mail in voting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wasn't the US the world leader in oil exports just recently??????? I think it was. I guessing here but that's the reason oil companies were loosing their shirts. Then fracking and pipelines closed down. Russia has mostly natural gas not so much oil.

As I was recently working with oil companies in Alaska in 2020... yes, yes we did lol we had more oil than we knew what to do with. 

Now most of us are out of a job lol

• Sad 1
10 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

The gas price issue is much deeper than this. In reality american politicians only influence on the price of gas is how much they tax it. Oil is a world commodity and OPEC, Russia pretty much control the taps and we have been enjoying cheap gas at prices that are unsustainable for the company's producing it. Look at ExxonMobil, Aramco(Saudi oil) quarterly earnings. They have been operating at break even or even at a loss to stay afloat. They cannot provide refined gasoline at below production costs forever so gas prices will continue to rise no matter who is in office. I think Skib may back me up on this.

Yea because it's just a coincidence that gas prices went up about .75 cents a gallon within a month of the moron's inauguration.I heard a news story that claimed higher prices are because the Covid crisis is winding down and people are driving more.I say bullshit on that one,i drive everyday and traffic is still a fraction of what it was a year ago.I'll blame the great fuel prices on Trump and the high ones on Biden.When the media covers for him you know it isn't true

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, john510 said:

Yea because it's just a coincidence that gas prices went up about .75 cents a gallon within a month of the moron's inauguration.I heard a news story that claimed higher prices are because the Covid crisis is winding down and people are driving more.I say bullshit on that one,i drive everyday and traffic is still a fraction of what it was a year ago.I'll blame the great fuel prices on Trump and the high ones on Biden.When the media covers for him you know it isn't true

Cars are only part of where oil goes. https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/oil-and-petroleum-products/use-of-oil.php

We got cheap gasoline as a byproduct of the Saudi's opening the taps to try to maintain market share of the petroleum industry. It ended up backfiring on them and Aramco went into debt. Gas prices are going up because the oil companies can't work for free although they have reached record efficiency in this oil flooded market. Covid couldn't have come at a worse time for them. But air travel is picking up along with demand from the other markets. Simple supply and demand.

• Sad 1
41 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

Cars are only part of where oil goes. https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/oil-and-petroleum-products/use-of-oil.php

We got cheap gasoline as a byproduct of the Saudi's opening the taps to try to maintain market share of the petroleum industry. It ended up backfiring on them and Aramco went into debt. Gas prices are going up because the oil companies can't work for free although they have reached record efficiency in this oil flooded market. Covid couldn't have come at a worse time for them. But air travel is picking up along with demand from the other markets. Simple supply and demand.

If the market is flooded with oil wouldn't the prices be cheaper ? It's policy from the new administration.A roughly 25% increase in gas prices happened real fast.We had that problem under control for four years.And then Biden happened.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Just now, john510 said:

If the market is flooded with oil wouldn't the prices be cheaper ? It's policy from the new administration.A roughly 25% increase in gas prices happened real fast.We had that problem under control for four years.And then Biden happened.

No it's not flooded as it was last year this time. This is when it bottomed then stayed stagnant.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://fortune.com/2020/04/20/oil-prices-negative-crash-price-crude-market/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwiSgtX33u_vAhUICc0KHbfQBdkQFjAOegQIIBAC&usg=AOvVaw3WIxiLNn6lPxN3lKrN2Fp_&ampcf=1

But demand is increasing and will continue to increase unless there is another major event that causes a shutdown. Those news assholes will dust off their "pain at the pump slogan".

• Sad 1

It’s cool, sec of transportation Pete Buttigig is looking at taxing everyone per mile the drive in the US.  So we’ll have our $0.65 per gallon tax plus mileage taxes.  I think they were talking about $0.14 per mile (USD).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/buttigieg-a-mileage-tax-shows-a-lot-of-promise/ar-BB1f0j3M

Edited by Soundline
Decided to cite my sources
  • Sad 1

Oh I'm sure they'll pass it off as the only "fair and equitable way" to deal with all of the electric cars that don't pay fuel tax.  To do that, all they have to do is have everyone use one of those OBD port trackers that will send gps data.  Car too old to have an OBD?  Don't worry, we won't confiscate it, but you won't be able to license or drive it.

It's all incremental; I'm sure that if you went back to 1931 or 32 and told everyone that there would soon be a firearms act that prohibited you from mail ordering railroad surplus typewriters from an ad in Popular Mechanics,  they would have said you were crazy as a man eating rat shit and calling it caviar; ain't NO ONE gonna put up with that.

Edited by flyerdan
typo
  • Sad 1