Duke of Edinburgh passed away. The old girl is next and Charlie's up for a promotion.

Still pending...

Prince Andrew not allowed to visit grandchildren alone.

Ka-malla becomes first non elected female president by end of first 1/4 (Biden in a home)

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Duke of Edinburgh passed away. The old girl is next and Charlie's up for a promotion.

Still pending...

Ka-malla becomes first non elected female president by end of first 1/4 (Biden in a home)

Ok, Carnac 

Carnac the Magnificent - Wikipedia

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Still pending...

Just when I didn't think things could get any weirder in California -

I read in the paper where Caitlyn Jenner might be running for governor.       

1 hour ago, pondking said:

I hate the narrative 

"Student loans being a problem"

IF this is such a huge problem,why aren't they working on 

preventing students from getting so deeply into debt? 

And I don't mean debt forgiveness.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
8 minutes ago, angliagt said:

It's CALIFORNIA!

5 minutes ago, angliagt said:

IF this is such a huge problem,why aren't they working on 

preventing students from getting so deeply into debt? 

And I don't mean debt forgiveness.

I've come to the conclusion that we are not all created equal. Some of us will become CEOs of a large business or a banker/stock broker or a politician or what ever yardstick is used to measure success. The remaining 99.99999% might as well face it they will be working for a living doing what ever there is available sliding down the success scale to.... crack head/felon/parolee/piece of shit looser addict waste of skin. So stop banging your head on the wall and figure out where you belong and go there. Don't listen to your parents, friends, counselors, society in general. Don't borrow and go into lifelong debt trying to be something you just aren't meant for. When I was in high school the last place I wanted to be was high school and couldn't wait to get the fuck out. Almost nothing I learned in high school was ever used out in the real world. A job was a job and you had fun learning how to do it and when it wasn't fun anymore, you moved on. My upper education was out in the real world doing (or not doing) things. I was 40 before I found something I was made for and had never worked anywhere before then more than a few years at a time. Looking back and using my own yardstick I figure I was pretty successful, or at least a long way from a waste of skin, but it took me about 4 decades to find my way.  Maybe you already know what you would like to do. I hope that it isn't the same thing the other 99% are trying for. Ironic to go into debt for an education for a job that isn't in demand because there's too much competition for it.

• Like 5
12 hours ago, pondking said:

I hate the narrative 

"Student loans being a problem"

The whole student loan thing is a crock of shit.You borrowed the money to educate yourself so you could make good money.It turns out some people aren't really good enough to make the big buck or are just too stupid and employers know it.Just pay it back.

Edited by john510
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, angliagt said:

Caitlyn has the Balls to Do it! 

Caitlyn Jenner Office GIF by South Park - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, angliagt said:

I find it humorous when someone gets a degree in something like philosophy -

when's the last time you saw any company advertising for a philosopher?

Not as a job but society need them just the same, just like musicians and artists. It enriches us all. Can we afford them? Can we afford not to have them? I may be wrong but all great philosophers probably had a day job to survive on. Who hasn't paused in their labors and pondered the workings of themselves with their fellow man and their place in this world? In that, we are all philosophers of a kind. A true philosopher just puts forth any observation with more clarity and more succinctly.

• Like 2
On 4/8/2021 at 4:36 AM, bottomwatcher said:

The gas price issue is much deeper than this. In reality american politicians only influence on the price of gas is how much they tax it. Oil is a world commodity and OPEC, Russia pretty much control the taps and we have been enjoying cheap gas at prices that are unsustainable for the company's producing it. Look at ExxonMobil, Aramco(Saudi oil) quarterly earnings. They have been operating at break even or even at a loss to stay afloat. They cannot provide refined gasoline at below production costs forever so gas prices will continue to rise no matter who is in office. I think Skib may back me up on this.

I beg to differ--as evidence, look at the rise in diesel prices. Diesel is a by product or a pre product of gasoline production. My grandfather worked in oil/gas production in the 50's and 60's. The production of gasoline produced unwanted diesel and his company gave it away to ocean traveling ships or disposed of it in the gulf. The price of diesel should never be more or even equal to the price of gasoline, but it is and has been. So, I lack compassion and refuse to accept that gas is sold at a loss, or whatever bullshit they are peddling. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, frankendat said:

I beg to differ--as evidence, look at the rise in diesel prices. Diesel is a by product or a pre product of gasoline production. My grandfather worked in oil/gas production in the 50's and 60's. The production of gasoline produced unwanted diesel and his company gave it away to ocean traveling ships or disposed of it in the gulf. The price of diesel should never be more or even equal to the price of gasoline, but it is and has been. So, I lack compassion and refuse to accept that gas is sold at a loss, or whatever bullshit they are peddling. 

I don't think that's valid reasoning. Diesel is in demand, much more so than in the 50's. Rhodium is mostly a byproduct of platinum mining, but there is a lull in platinum demand while there is a large demand for rhodium, so rhodium prices are up 10x, off the charts.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, frankendat said:

This hasn’t been true in a long while, diesel does cost to produce now. Also, working for a pretty major truck stop brand I will say that; yes, at times we sell for a loss. As long as you keep buying Mt Dew and Starburst in the store we can afford to do that.

• Like 1

well if the subject is "Destruction of America", these types are now on the endangered specie list

ever talk to old country western guys ?  they are are like encino man, would knock up ever women they had sex with, smoked pall malls and party every night

• Like 1

When they start kicking around ideas like this, they have a plan.

From old gov friends the discussion is revolving around tracking your meta data on your cell phone.  Since most of us have gps in our cars thanks to the phone, they’ll track it that way. 

When we used to do certain things as contractors in 2008, we’d be required to drop all our phones in the training room.  Then we’d all pile into pre 2000 cars and go do the job with short wave radio only. Now ppl have watches, phones, tablets, laptops, and cars that all automatically connect to GPS sat-nav.  Thanks to the expansion of the Patriot Act in the US under Obama were all tracked all the time.

I recently found a GPS device on my truck.  I sat outside my house having a cigar thinking about what to do with it when a delivery van pulled up.  I met the guy at his truck palming a nail I’d found in my yard after having my house resided. I told the guy to hang on and bent down to pickup the siding nail.  Might have left a small magnetic item on the truck while I was down there. 

I know who bugged me, and why, after they tracked a delivery van for two days the informed me they were not amused. I imagine they’ll get us to bug ourselves soon enough.

• Like 5

I own a Datsun which is about as impossible to kill and a cockroach in a nuclear war. They are basic as shit and even an EMP couldn't stop it.... and it's off the grid. I have never owned a cell phone but I do have the use of a borrowed one. It mostly sits at home. We had one of those things you talk to and it plays music or does stuff like remind you. My wife didn't know any better and I explained how if it's voice activated and can understand simple commands then it's listening to every word spoken in the room. I kept finding it plugged in and unplugged it. Eventually it just sits in the corner unplugged (I check it regularly) but you never know if it doesn't have a battery that might last for months and the next time it's plugged in it downloads a month's worth of conversations by wifi. If we ever have a serious conversation I catch my wife looking at the corner....   

• Like 3
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

I own a Datsun which is about as impossible to kill and a cockroach in a nuclear war. They are basic as shit and even an EMP couldn't stop it.... and it's off the grid. I have never owned a cell phone but I do have the use of a borrowed one. It mostly sits at home. We had one of those things you talk to and it plays music or does stuff like remind you. My wife didn't know any better and I explained how if it's voice activated and can understand simple commands then it's listening to every word spoken in the room. I kept finding it plugged in and unplugged it. Eventually it just sits in the corner unplugged (I check it regularly) but you never know if it doesn't have a battery that might last for months and the next time it's plugged in it downloads a month's worth of conversations by wifi. If we ever have a serious conversation I catch my wife looking at the corner....   

Same deal with my Patrol. Owned it for 25 years and that fucker just goes!!! This thing might out live most rats and cockroaches?  Slow but it gets me there. FUCK new cars!

Edited by ratpatrol66
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Old saw.  After WW3 there will be 2 things moving.  Cokroaches and Datsum B219s.

• Like 1