• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Fat510 said:

Washington approved reparations today.

Unrelated: I am black.

Sorry but Asians don’t count .. From what your mom says your dad is a long dick Chinie 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Haha 1

My hair has been long since I was in high school, earlier even. It was from a hero in an SF book I read and I had an aversion for barber chairs anyway. When under parental control and barber was a parental choice, it looked like a bowl was placed on my head and everything that showed was shaved off. I looked hideous and nothing but long suited me. Mine was easily the longest of all the boys in high school although it wasn't quite Beatles long. Out of school it got longer and longer and eventually it was down to my back rear jeans pockets but in the ensuing decades shoulder length and in a pony tail. I don't remember the last time I went to a barber maybe early '70s? It has stabilized at shoulder length from normal wear and tear living.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

My hair has been long since I was in high school, earlier even. It was from a hero in an SF book I read and I had an aversion for barber chairs anyway. When under parental control and barber was a parental choice, it looked like a bowl was placed on my head and everything that showed was shaved off. I looked hideous and nothing but long suited me. Mine was easily the longest of all the boys in high school although it wasn't quite Beatles long. Out of school it got longer and longer and eventually it was down to my back rear jeans pockets but in the ensuing decades shoulder length and in a pony tail. I don't remember the last time I went to a barber maybe early '70s? It has stabilized at shoulder length from normal wear and tear living.

Dammit, dzm, all these years I thought that was you in the 'Damn Right' vidi at the bottom of all your posts. Nothing is sacred anymore. Life seems to be full of shattered images.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

All my life I had shorter hair, until I moved to Colorado in 2012.  Since I still had a mostly full head of hair, I let it grow long, sometimes to the middle of my shoulder blades.  I'm recently back to just past the ears, cuz I can't stand having it blow in my face with the car windows down OR in the excessive heat/humidity when I crew racing at Road America or COTA etc in the humid midwest!!  I never sported it in a pony tail.  A few years ago, we had a young guy as a newbie gofer at the race shop, he had long hair, often wore in a man bun.  One day a coworker & I purposefully talked out loud in front of the boss, about wearing our (long) hair in a man bun.............he just looked at both of us & said "You will be fired, if you show up with a man bun!!" 😆 🤣 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, difrangia said:

Dammit, dzm, all these years I thought that was you in the 'Damn Right' vidi at the bottom of all your posts. Nothing is sacred anymore. Life seems to be full of shattered images.

Please do NOT ask him to post a pic.................😜

2 hours ago, difrangia said:

I posted a picture of myself ten years ago after a bike ride and someone said "Holy shit! datzenmike is Walter White" I had to look that one up but they were damned right. Damned right! even to the mole on the left cheek. The rest is history.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, datzenmike said:

As a child I wanted long hair, parents comprised with me a "Beatles" length. As a teenager I spent summers at a Military school, so shaved or high and tight for 3 months and let it grow for 9. Left the military at 25 claiming no more haircuts. At 29 or 30, it was past my ass and very thick, needed special bands to hold it back in a pony. It would get caught in car doors and I had to be careful not to sit on it. I realized "no haircuts" was stupid. I started getting it cut at belt level, it has been belt level for a couple of decades, in construction and blue collar work, would braid it and fold the braid, a kind of man bun, I guess, but I worked with machinery that would kill you, if it caught your hair. There is much,much less, of it now. I only keep it because I am lazy and a creature of habit. It and I have outlived "cool"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1