• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had longish hair up until the late '90's when someone decided to put me in management. From there on, it was cropped short and easy to take care of. From Dec of 21 until a couple weeks ago, I just let it grow. We had a cruise planned and I decided that I did not want to jack with hair care, so back to the short hair.

Anybody interested in some half empty hair gel bottles?

Wow,just got a call from my Wife.They are locked down in  Peach Tree Mall.She is locked down in Macy's.The Police are all over the place.They caught one shooter.Last week the jewelry store their was robbed and shots were fired.They were caught.Columbus in a bad place.She went to get some shoes.

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Sad 1
22 hours ago, frankendat said:

As a child I wanted long hair, parents comprised with me a "Beatles" length. As a teenager I spent summers at a Military school, so shaved or high and tight for 3 months and let it grow for 9. Left the military at 25 claiming no more haircuts. At 29 or 30, it was past my ass and very thick, needed special bands to hold it back in a pony. It would get caught in car doors and I had to be careful not to sit on it. I realized "no haircuts" was stupid. I started getting it cut at belt level, it has been belt level for a couple of decades, in construction and blue collar work, would braid it and fold the braid, a kind of man bun, I guess, but I worked with machinery that would kill you, if it caught your hair. There is much,much less, of it now. I only keep it because I am lazy and a creature of habit. It and I have outlived "cool"

As a kid, I always had long-ish hair until my mom became a Jehovah's Witness when I was 10. My brothers and I were converted by virtue of association. Other than losing all celebrations and holidays, my biggest resentment was having my hair cut high and tight, like a little police narcotics officer. Not a popular look in the 70s when "cool" matter very much to me. I started growing MY hair back at 15 when I could finally articulate why my mom's "religion" was her's, and not mine.

I can relate to long hair as a danger at work though. My first job out of high school was in construction, prewiring and installing low voltage electronics. I was using a big half inch corded Milwaukee drill with a 3/4" spade bit to make a path for all the alarm and phone wires in n up stairs a room. The corner had a soffit for the furnace exhaust that was too small for the big drill, so I switched to a 3/8" corded. I had to contort my body to get my head and arm in there to make the corner holes. I was hogging away when the hair on the right side of my head fell off my ear and got wrapped around the bit. Before I could react the drill flipped over, slapped the side of my head, and trapped the edge of my hand on the trigger. I was stuck there for a while, but managed to get my left hand around the chuck and fought the motor to get my right hand free. I lost some hair, but had I been using the half inch, it would have been a very different story. From then on, my hair choice was always kept under a company hat.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

Wow,just got a call from my Wife.They are locked down in  Peach Tree Mall.She is locked down in Macy's.The Police are all over the place.They caught one shooter.Last week the jewelry store their was robbed and shots were fired.They were caught.Columbus in a bad place.She went to get some shoes.

Thought Georgia was all law and order and leave the door unlocked and keys in the ignition.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

I read this and saw no update after 10 hours so went looking.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/update-high-speed-chase-ends-at-peachtree-mall-all-three-suspects-arrested/ar-AA1bGZqI

• Sad 1

Ok, this guy is showing some promise a Democrat that actually states the Govt. has gone too far against our freedoms and that politics is corrupting our public agencies.

Too bad he'll never be the Democrat nominee they will figure out a way to get him out of the way.

Sorry for the link I couldn't figure out how to link the video

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rfk-jr-warns-ugly-precedent-set-covid-restrictions-pandemic-exception-constitution

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ooph! said:

Ok, this guy is showing some promise a Democrat that actually states the Govt. has gone too far against our freedoms and that politics is corrupting our public agencies.

Too bad he'll never be the Democrat nominee they will figure out a way to get him out of the way.

Sorry for the link I couldn't figure out how to link the video

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rfk-jr-warns-ugly-precedent-set-covid-restrictions-pandemic-exception-constitution

RFK Jr is a cool guy!  He was VERY outspoken against the Covid vax & mandates, appeared on multiple TBN & Daystar programs throughout the plandemic.  I was not aware that he was a Dem, which clearly shows that there ARE good dems/liberals etc..............at least in my view.  I wish him the best of luck, but I agree that he will be passed over, because of all of the far left & true libtards 🤔  He is however, a fighter................

• Like 1

At the Peachtree mall where my wife was shopping.The state troopers were chasing 3 guys in a car and they pulled up to the Mall and got out and ran inside.They were caught.It didn't say why they were being chased.Back in 1976.A good cop that lived across the street from us was working at the mall part time in security and he walked up on a robbery and was killed.The guy that did that just left Macon and killed someone else.He was executed.My brother use to ride dirt bikes with his son.That Mall is a killing ground.Not long ago.A gang member executed someone in there.It took 26 years to killed that punk.https://murderpedia.org/male.S/s1/spivey-ronald-keith.htm

Edited by Thomas Perkins
5 hours ago, yenpit said:

RFK Jr is a cool guy!  He was VERY outspoken against the Covid vax & mandates, appeared on multiple TBN & Daystar programs throughout the plandemic.  I was not aware that he was a Dem, which clearly shows that there ARE good dems/liberals etc..............at least in my view.  I wish him the best of luck, but I agree that he will be passed over, because of all of the far left & true libtards 🤔  He is however, a fighter................

It's crazy that some common sense from a Democrat isn't accepted by most Democrats.It shows us how that party has gone too far with their extreme bullshit.A flock of sheep just following along and if you dare not agree with everything they want you're a problem.

• Like 4

Republicans may have messed some things up,but the

Democrats have totally screwed this country.I don't know how

some of them live with themselves.

WHY do they hate this country so much?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, thisismatt said:

I blame lack of reparations and too many burn barrels

I only have 2 burn barrels.But any way.Happy burning to all.Back in the day,we use to burn rubber.No one has Hot rods any more.Two guys were in a Electric car the other day and wrecked.The car's battery caught fire and the fire Department could not get it put out.They used all their water and another truck had to come.The 2 guys were burnt to death.Get a electric car if you want.Them Batteries will catch fire in a wreck.Did you see how intense the fire was in the video.See the car afterwards.

maxresdefault (2).jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Sad 1

Just think what will happen in those Democratic States if the debt thing don't pass.You think crime is bad now.Just wait.Ya'll voted for Joe.We don't smog test here.We do the burn barrel thing.720's and Weber's rule...Joe and his drag queens.

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 1

Pretty sure panhandling is constitutionally protected free speech. Loitering almost the same. Loitering is remaining in a public space without apparent reason. Pretty vague and subjective. If asked all you need do is say you have a reason, a good one. If asked what it is you say it's none of your business. They won't stand up in court or appeal. Both these laws are total bullshit and infringements on your rights. 

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Pretty sure panhandling is constitutionally protected free speech. Loitering almost the same. Loitering is remaining in a public space without apparent reason. Pretty vague and subjective. If asked all you need do is say you have a reason, a good one. If asked what it is you say it's none of your business. They won't stand up in court or appeal. Both these laws are total bullshit and infringements on your rights. 

Not BS if you read it it states panhandle or loiter ON the road, you know the ones that come out at red lights and walk among the cars or stand in the middle of intersections, even California doesn't allow that.

• Like 1

Yeah you can't be on the road on foot unless crossing. I get it but panhandling and loitering are not the same thing. There are already laws for obstructing traffic/jay walking etc. ON the road. You are allowed to walk OFF the road on the easement and protest all you like.  

13 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

Just think what will happen in those Democratic States if the debt thing don't pass.You think crime is bad now.Just wait.Ya'll voted for Joe.We don't smog test here.We do the burn barrel thing.720's and Weber's rule...Joe and his drag queens.

Other than a couple of people here WTF makes you think "Ya'll voted for Joe" ? Try reading slower through this thread.I haven't seen anybody show support for the guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

I only have 2 burn barrels.But any way.Happy burning to all.Back in the day,we use to burn rubber.No one has Hot rods any more.Two guys were in a Electric car the other day and wrecked.The car's battery caught fire and the fire Department could not get it put out.They used all their water and another truck had to come.The 2 guys were burnt to death.Get a electric car if you want.Them Batteries will catch fire in a wreck.Did you see how intense the fire was in the video.See the car afterwards.

maxresdefault (2).jpg

WTF!!! No one has hot rods any more? Oh, that's right, you're from Georgia.

Fires involving electric cars always make the news, but in 2022 the NHTSA recorded 1529.9 fires per 100k for gas vehicles sold, and just 25.1 fires per 100k sold for electric vehicles. So drop the BS and tell us witch one's safer. 

I agree Tom, California isn’t for everybody, but as far as economic and cultural diversity, sheer natural beauty, and crazy hot rods are concerned, the ability to burn shit in a barrel doesn't come close for me. 

• Like 2