17 hours ago, john510 said:

Ok tell us if you think the trial was fair with an unbiased jury and judge in a place where Trump could get a fair trial.New York hates him,that's blatantly obvious.I think anywhere but New York that case would have been tossed.If it wasn't he wouldn't have been found guilty.And yes I believe Trump's a womanizer and went after the pussy in his younger years.He's a man and that's what a lot of men do that have money.

I think our jury trial system at its core, "Justice & Fairness" are always a function of swaying subjective perception and belief to win a favorable decision. Our legal system has always favored the wealthy and powerful, but in this case I agree that Trump's political popularity in NYC pretty much negated that advantage. Prejudice and biasses are unavoidable, but with such a galvanizing political figure as Trump, there's literally no place in the US that he could find an unbiassed Jury. Plain and simple, the incident happened in NYC so the trial was in NYC.

From a pool of all potential jurors, a Grand Jury of 16-24 members review the evidence of a case and talk to witnesses to decide whether or not to indict a defendant.

To try the case in NY state Supreme Court, a federal judge is selected by computer generated random lottery, and is not appointed by the AG's office, or the Chief Justice. Most states do the same to avoid influence from special interests.  

Attorneys on both sides participate as equal in the Voir Dire process to agree on a mutually acceptable jury before the trial begins. In this case it was a jury of six men and three women who unanimously decided in favor of the plaintiff. I may be alone in this, but I think whether we agree with the verdict or not is more a function of our own bias than any objective standard of fairness. 

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Trump is an obvious douche and if he didn't rape this one he probably did some other unfortunate on Jeffrey's island or w/e. The thing is, there's no proof here and lots of doubt. I doubt it, and I'm not even a fan.

What about his attorney??? What about a change of venue? Someone dropped the ball here.

I believe they did ask for a trial elsewhere and were denied.

1 hour ago, paradime said:

I think our jury trial system at its core, "Justice & Fairness" are always a function of swaying subjective perception and belief to win a favorable decision. Our legal system has always favored the wealthy and powerful, but in this case I agree that Trump's political popularity in NYC pretty much negated that advantage. Prejudice and biasses are unavoidable, but with such a galvanizing political figure as Trump, there's literally no place in the US that he could find an unbiassed Jury. Plain and simple, the incident happened in NYC so the trial was in NYC.

From a pool of all potential jurors, a Grand Jury of 16-24 members review the evidence of a case and talk to witnesses to decide whether or not to indict a defendant.

To try the case in NY state Supreme Court, a federal judge is selected by computer generated random lottery, and is not appointed by the AG's office, or the Chief Justice. Most states do the same to avoid influence from special interests.  

Attorneys on both sides participate as equal in the Voir Dire process to agree on a mutually acceptable jury before the trial begins. In this case it was a jury of six men and three women who unanimously decided in favor of the plaintiff. I may be alone in this, but I think whether we agree with the verdict or not is more a function of our own bias than any objective standard of fairness. 

But do you think he had a fair trial ? Remember a jury is required to be unbiased and listen only to facts as presented.I don't know if that applies to a civil case or not.At least that's what I always thought.There are many cases moved out of a particular area (city) so that a defendant can get a fair trial.Now I'll admit I'm no lawyer and don't know how all this shit works but something here seems different.If you think about it you could accuse anybody of anything with zero facts or evidence and sue them in civil court and win even though you're lying out your ass.

"We find you not guilty of touching this hoe. Now, pay damages to this hoe you did nothing to because she has massive amounts of metaphorical sand in her vajayjay." Trump doesn't strike me as the assaulting type though I'm sure loves to bed star-struck, money hungry skanks who are infatuated with his power. Kinda wonder if his ding-a-ling would even stand at attention without some bimbo guahing over him. Don't believe he's doing the raping (someone is) but do believe he's a narcissist who will bang any gold digger willing to sign an NDA. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, john510 said:

But do you think he had a fair trial ? Remember a jury is required to be unbiased and listen only to facts as presented.I don't know if that applies to a civil case or not.At least that's what I always thought.There are many cases moved out of a particular area (city) so that a defendant can get a fair trial.Now I'll admit I'm no lawyer and don't know how all this shit works but something here seems different.If you think about it you could accuse anybody of anything with zero facts or evidence and sue them in civil court and win even though you're lying out your ass.

In a city with the population of NY, it is extremely rare for a civil suit to be moved to another jurisdiction. Why should Trump receive different treatment from everyone else? Would he get a fairer trial in a conservative city?

The burden of proof to convict in a criminal trial is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. For a civil trial it's a preponderance of the evidence convincing a jury there is a greater than 50% chance that the claim is true. Without knowing the mind of the jurors or the evidence presented I have no idea if it was fair or not. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Ooph! said:

Oh yes about that trial, There is some important info near the end that brings it all together.

Of course, there was an agenda..............🤨😡

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, john510 said:

That woman is nuts.

She is either conniving & brilliant or bat shit crazy.  I bet the later...............😆

• Like 2
2 hours ago, john510 said:

I trust her a lot more than what's going to replace her.The left is pushing for her ouster for a reason.She's not radical enough for the new left.

When Jerry Brown left the Governor's office, it seemed every conservative was happy about it.  I wasn't sad, but I knew it was about to get worse, and it really did.  I truly hope DF hangs on as long as she can to her seat.

As bad as it is now in California, it can only go down hill with Adam Schiff or Katie Porter.

I gotta say, it's fun to watch Newsome trying to get out this reparations mess now.  My hope is the rest of the nation sees what a turd this guy is. That jackwad really thinks he's the new JFK.

Edited by Duncan
  • Like 5
11 hours ago, Duncan said:

When Jerry Brown left the Governor's office, it seemed every conservative was happy about it.  I wasn't sad, but I knew it was about to get worse, and it really did.  I truly hope DF hangs on as long as she can to her seat.

As bad as it is now in California, it can only go down hill with Adam Schiff or Katie Porter.

I gotta say, it's fun to watch Newsome trying to get out this reparations mess now.  My hope is the rest of the nation sees what a turd this guy is. That jackwad really thinks he's the new JFK.

Newsom's nemesis will be this guy, for one thing he's actually a Kennedy and contrary to what the left says they really are into dynasties and concentrated power.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/robert-kennedy-jr-launches-long-shot-presidential-bid/story?id=98691944

rfk-jr-file-gty-ml-230411_1681235414328_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Ooph! said:

Newsom's nemesis will be this guy, for one thing he's actually a Kennedy and contrary to what the left says they really are into dynasties and concentrated power.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/robert-kennedy-jr-launches-long-shot-presidential-bid/story?id=98691944

rfk-jr-file-gty-ml-230411_1681235414328_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

I don't know much about Kennedy, had no CLUE he would run, but I have a very high respect for him for how he spoke out about Covid & the "vaccine". 

Is Brittany Griner actually a guy? I saw her (?) being interviewed,

& she sure sounds like one.

It ticks me off when Griner's treated like a huge celebrity.I still can't

get over why our Government fought to get her released,but left a true

American there.

• Like 1

If the Kennedy lore holds true, as soon as RFK Jr takes political power, he'll die a tragic death. No doubt, the old Washingturd toilet needs to be flushed to make room for a new pile of fresh shit; that stinks even worse. It's shocking how completely nose blind this country is to elect these walking turds thinking they'll be working for their best interests. The Washington puppet show is orchestrated distraction to cover up the dirty ass deals being made for "special interests". Behind all great political power are the even greater crimes it took to get it, and that stink doesn't wash off. Anyone who speaks truth in a threat to power.

• Like 2