7 hours ago, paradime said:

I did a little research and fount this shit's been twisted into a propaganda pretzel on both sides. It turns out this HUD program reduces annual mortgage insurance premiums on FHA loans by 0.30% points for low to mid income borrowers with poor credit. They still have to qualify like everyone else and likely pay a higher APR to boot. For a $400K FHA loan the insurance is 0.5% points on average, so $2K annually for a loan that costs over $3K a month. Reduce that by 0.3% and it's $800. Heres the thing, less than 10% of mortgages are FHA, and private lender mortgage insurance premiums are typically between 0.1% to 0.2% which is $400 to $800 a year, so basically meaningless in the grand scam of things.

I did some searching and can't find anything that says this would apply to FHA loans only.I'm referring to the good credit penalty.

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, john510 said:

I did some searching and can't find anything that says this would apply to FHA loans only.I'm referring to the good credit penalty.

I agree that this impotent left program rewards poor credit, but "good credit penalty" is how Marco Rubio framed it on the right. The cost for FHA mortgage insurance doesn't go up at all for people with good credit, so there is no "penalty" or added burden put on good creditors in order to subsidize this pointless crap. Both sides are fighting to control the narrative with their own brand of hyper bias spin doctoring. Keep in mind, the monthly payment on these loans will cost new median priced home buyers upwards of $36K a year. An $800 savings is a limp wrist'd juvenile magic trick, so like I said, it's meaningless in the grand scam of things. Here's what I found.

[Spin From The Left]

The Wall Street Journal: Biden Administration to Cut Mortgage Insurance Costs for Lower-Income Buyers

WASHINGTON—The Biden administration will trim costs under a mortgage program for first-time and lower-income buyers, a bid to boost affordability while median home prices remain near record highs, the White House said.

Politico: White House moves to slash mortgage costs for low-income buyers. The Biden administration moved to cut the cost of mortgages for low-income and minority borrowers, in a victory for lenders and housing advocates at a time of instability in the market. The Federal Housing Administration will slash 30 basis points off its annual mortgage insurance premium, reducing the fee it charges homebuyers from 0.85 percent to 0.55 percent for most new borrowers. The reduction will save the average homebuyer with an FHA-insured loan about $800 a year, according to the White House.

CNN echo camber of lies-

The Biden administration announced a change that will save an estimated 850,000 home buyers (primarily low- and middle-income and first-time buyers) an average of $800 on home financing costs this year.  

Total BS because there is nothing in this plan directing it towards low income households, but the Democrat spinsters will hold it up as a victory for the poor to get liberal votes. 

[Spin From The Right]

Press Release From Rubio, Marshall, Colleagues Raise Concern Over New Biden Policy to Make Mortgages More Expensive. The Biden Administration recently announced a policy that will modify the formula used to determine how much American families pay for a new mortgage. This change directs government-sponsored Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, two of the largest backers of mortgages, to punish certain Americans by increasing mortgage fees for homebuyers with high credit scores in order to decrease fees for buyers with low credit scores. The policy artificially shifts the financial risk of mortgages for homebuyers with low credit scores onto those with higher credit scores, essentially punishing those borrowers with good credit.

Fox News echo chamber of lies-

Senate GOP slams ‘perverse’ Biden rule forcing people with good credit to subsidize high-risk mortgages. This announcement will invert the common-sense risk financing structure at the GSEs (Government Sponsored Enterprises) in an effort to decrease mortgage rates for riskier individuals with low credit scores and forcibly raise rates for those with higher scores.   

Total BS because this program does nothing to raise or decrease mortgage rates, but Republican spinsters make PJB look dangerously ignorant to conservative voters.

[Spin From Business]

Bloomberg: US to Cut Mortgage Insurance Costs for Some New Homeowners

People buying their first home can be eligible to receive some relief from mortgage insurance costs under a program that the Biden administration will unveil on Wednesday. Borrowers with mortgages insured by the Federal Housing Administration will see their fees cut by about $800 a year, or a 0.3 percentage point, according to a HUD fact sheet.

Forbes:

Under the plan announced on Wednesday, the Federal Housing Administration will reduce mortgage insurance premiums (a fee homeowners pay to insure their mortgages) by .3 percentage points to .55% for FHA-insured mortgages.

FHA-insured mortgages, which accounted for 7.5% of home sales in the third quarter of 2022, are targeted toward first-time homebuyers and offer more flexible credit requirements than other types of mortgages, effectively opening the door to homeownership for individuals who may not otherwise be eligible.  

I see the business world as more pragmatic, focusing on the number involved. For the most part, they don't get distracted by the political shell game in order to extract the pertinent facts and figures. Basically, it looks to me like they don't give flying fart about PJB's little hocus pocus trick, or Rubio calling it the devils work.

Edited by paradime
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, paradime said:

I agree that this impotent left program rewards poor credit, but "good credit penalty" is how Marco Rubio framed it on the right. The cost for FHA mortgage insurance doesn't go up at all for people with good credit, so there is no "penalty" or added burden put on good creditors in order to subsidize this pointless crap. Both sides are fighting to control the narrative with their own brand of hyper bias spin doctoring. Keep in mind, the monthly payment on these loans will cost new median priced home buyers upwards of $36K a year. An $800 savings is a limp wrist'd juvenile magic trick, so like I said, it's meaningless in the grand scam of things. Here's what I found.

[Spin From The Left]

The Wall Street Journal: Biden Administration to Cut Mortgage Insurance Costs for Lower-Income Buyers

WASHINGTON—The Biden administration will trim costs under a mortgage program for first-time and lower-income buyers, a bid to boost affordability while median home prices remain near record highs, the White House said.

Politico: White House moves to slash mortgage costs for low-income buyers. The Biden administration moved to cut the cost of mortgages for low-income and minority borrowers, in a victory for lenders and housing advocates at a time of instability in the market. The Federal Housing Administration will slash 30 basis points off its annual mortgage insurance premium, reducing the fee it charges homebuyers from 0.85 percent to 0.55 percent for most new borrowers. The reduction will save the average homebuyer with an FHA-insured loan about $800 a year, according to the White House.

CNN echo camber of lies-

The Biden administration announced a change that will save an estimated 850,000 home buyers (primarily low- and middle-income and first-time buyers) an average of $800 on home financing costs this year.  

Total BS because there is nothing in this plan directing it towards low income households, but the Democrat spinsters will hold it up as a victory for the poor to get liberal votes. 

[Spin From The Right]

Press Release From Rubio, Marshall, Colleagues Raise Concern Over New Biden Policy to Make Mortgages More Expensive. The Biden Administration recently announced a policy that will modify the formula used to determine how much American families pay for a new mortgage. This change directs government-sponsored Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, two of the largest backers of mortgages, to punish certain Americans by increasing mortgage fees for homebuyers with high credit scores in order to decrease fees for buyers with low credit scores. The policy artificially shifts the financial risk of mortgages for homebuyers with low credit scores onto those with higher credit scores, essentially punishing those borrowers with good credit.

Fox News echo chamber of lies-

Senate GOP slams ‘perverse’ Biden rule forcing people with good credit to subsidize high-risk mortgages. This announcement will invert the common-sense risk financing structure at the GSEs (Government Sponsored Enterprises) in an effort to decrease mortgage rates for riskier individuals with low credit scores and forcibly raise rates for those with higher scores.   

Total BS because this program does nothing to raise or decrease mortgage rates, but Republican spinsters make PJB look dangerously ignorant to conservative voters.

[Spin From Business]

Bloomberg: US to Cut Mortgage Insurance Costs for Some New Homeowners

People buying their first home can be eligible to receive some relief from mortgage insurance costs under a program that the Biden administration will unveil on Wednesday. Borrowers with mortgages insured by the Federal Housing Administration will see their fees cut by about $800 a year, or a 0.3 percentage point, according to a HUD fact sheet.

Forbes:

Under the plan announced on Wednesday, the Federal Housing Administration will reduce mortgage insurance premiums (a fee homeowners pay to insure their mortgages) by .3 percentage points to .55% for FHA-insured mortgages.

FHA-insured mortgages, which accounted for 7.5% of home sales in the third quarter of 2022, are targeted toward first-time homebuyers and offer more flexible credit requirements than other types of mortgages, effectively opening the door to homeownership for individuals who may not otherwise be eligible.  

I see the business world as more pragmatic, focusing on the number involved. For the most part, they don't get distracted by the political shell game in order to extract the pertinent facts and figures. Basically, it looks to me like they don't give flying fart about PJB's little hocus pocus trick, or Rubio calling it the devils work.

This isn't about FHA insurance costs on a mortgage.It's about raising the cost on a good credit buyer and it's real not some spun up crap.The Biden administration is the one stating what they want to do.It has nothing to do with media spin.

• Like 1
On 4/28/2023 at 9:27 AM, gh0stwerx76 said:

last thing on dudes mind as he's forming your face into a dish is the concept of a "society" that he never cared about to begin with.  silly perspective made by someone who doesn't understand that sub culture whatsoever. 

Found the boomer that gets mad about grass on the road

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
On 5/1/2023 at 7:40 PM, john510 said:

And just to be safe and not risk injury on the ground he'll let it fly over the continent and shoot it down over the Atlantic.

Hey I am out in the Atlantic! I don't want that shit falling on my head. Seriously I am more concerned about the space x debris. We get hazard warnings about possible falling rocket debris on a regular basis. They have been launching the shit out of rockets over the last several months and We have been able to witness a few launches. They are pretty impressive.

• Like 2

I forgot what I was going to say.But any way Governor Kemp in Georgia is sending the wife and I another 500 bucks cause we had a 4 Billion dollar surplus.Second year in a row.You have to be a taxpayer to get it and not owe.Some have already gotten their's.Under the income tax rebate legislation, Georgians who filed tax returns for the 2021 and 2022 tax years are receiving up to $250 rebates if single-filing. Head-of-household filers are getting up to $375 and couples filing jointly up to $500.1 day ago

Edited by Thomas Perkins
2 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

I forgot what I was going to say.But any way Governor Kemp in Georgia is sending the wife and I another 500 bucks cause we had a 4 Billion dollar surplus.Second year in a row.You have to be a taxpayer to get it and not owe.Some have already gotten their's.Under the income tax rebate legislation, Georgians who filed tax returns for the 2021 and 2022 tax years are receiving up to $250 rebates if single-filing. Head-of-household filers are getting up to $375 and couples filing jointly up to $500.1 day ago

Bumper peanut crop this year?

• Haha 1

Daddy's trashing the country and while I'm not a Vette fan but a life-long Gear-Head, it burns  my ass to no end that Jr. will almost certainly end up trashing that beautiful old car into a pile of twisted metal and burnt fiberglass fibers.

Beats the holy-rollin' dog shit outta those old Greek tragi-comedies; and in living colour, too !!

Biden Vette Lock-Out.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yeah, it's the British way to take a simple task and complicate the living fuck out of it. The sleeve valve engine for example. I'm pretty sure these guys wrote the book Over Engineering for OCD Patients. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12042925/Nashville-PD-says-pausing-plans-release-transgender-school-shooters-manifesto.html

Soros's shills are keeping The Manifesto(tm) Top Secret. Don't the demonrats claim they're for transparency? What does The Manifesto(tm) contain that's so important for the demonrats want to keep it hidden?

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, angliagt said:

Maybe if they banned transgenders,this would have never happened. 

The Constitution won't support that, but does allow their taxation since trannies are people and people affect interstate commerce, just as guns apparently do. Maybe the US can tax transgender people like it does to "gangster" weapons. The NFA of 1934 imposes a $200 making and transfer tax on most "gangster" weapons. To legally possess a; destructive device, machine gun, short barreled rifle, short barreled shotgun or a silencer, one must pay a $200 making or transfer tax, submit finger prints, get a CLEO sign off and register it with the AFT. An AOW ( any other weapon ) has the same requirements, but only a $5 transfer tax. An approved form 5 is required to transport an NFA weapon over state lines. 

Since 1934 there's only been like 2 criminal uses of a legally owned NFA weapon and one was a dirty cop in Ohio who used one to murder and rip off a drug dealer.

I bet if trannies were registered and taxed, they wouldn't cause any trouble.