5 hours ago, Jesse C. said:

I think all of you need to step back, go take a hot shower and get a stiff drink. 

No, really, get away from the keyboard for a while. 

true words 

We went to Rolling Stones last night in Seattle,, i am feeling way less pessimistic this morning for real  

• Like 3
  • Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, iceman510 said:

This might just be the dumbest thing you have said yet.  All your blathering about Trump breaking the law, and then this.  🙄

He'll raise the bar. Give it time. 

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, john510 said:

Regarding fossil fuels, the genie is out of the bottle and the human race as we know it won't be putting it back in. None of us will be alive if or when fossil fuels aren't being used. Our offspring won't be alive. I believe we'll have a nuclear holocaust or be struck by a meteor before fossil fuels are never used. Where's a state like California going to get tax revenue from without gasoline ? We're being played, some see it and some don't.

I'll add this. I'm all for keeping the environment clean and doing what's best for the planet. We should be looking out for the future and doing what we can WITHIN reason but taking a shotgun approach is foolish and does more harm to us that are here now than it does to help anybody. 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, john510 said:

He'll raise the bar. Give it time. 

Well in New York he did break the law 32? times. Or why is he in court? Please leave out it's a Democrat judge/prosecutor. He didn't write the laws. No one in America wants to vote for these two corrupt, aged, immoral, cognitively impaired  turds. This is who you choose to govern you? Jesus titty fucking christ! Pull your heads out.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
51 minutes ago, john510 said:

I'll add this. I'm all for keeping the environment clean and doing what's best for the planet. We should be looking out for the future and doing what we can WITHIN reason but taking a shotgun approach is foolish and does more harm to us that are here now than it does to help anybody. 

Remember when everyone smoked and drank an drove? It changed but took decades. Slowly it became socially uncool for this destructive behavior. People's tolerance and acceptance changed. Same with pollution. It's a hell of a lot better now than it was.  

Shotgun changes are most likely on the political scale. Got to look like we are doing something so bigger and more grandiose the better. Slow and steady wins the race. Small things that everyone can do and feel a part of...

• Like 2
23 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Well then as they don't normally burn except in maybe an accident then there is minimal pollution then. No worse than a gas car catching fire, except that if it isn't burning it's running on the gas and polluting which would be worse. Now if they are 'recycled' improperly in Indonesia or w/e and they take short cuts and dump stuff then yes! big problem. It's why I said warehouse them in a mine or something.

I have no idea how long or if they will convert I was just saying the end of the muscle cars was abrupt. I guarantee the world will continue on till the oil is too expensive to extract. Notice the developed world evolves to cleaner safer technology but the third world still drive around without seat belts. If we go to EV there will be lots of gas for the third world to fight over. So I agree either we use it or we convert to EV and they use it. To save the word (maybe) everyone would have to have EVs and power them up from hydro, solar, wind and wave, geothermal.

You bring up a good point that is not mentioned by either side. Fossil fuels propelled the growth and development of the United States, back when everybody smoked cigarettes. Now cigarettes have been seriously curtailed in the United States, but continue full speed ahead in other countries. If the United States slows consumption of fossil fuels for the "environment", like cigarettes, other countries will use the newly available supply of fossil fuel to propel their growth and development. No catalytic converters, no forced emission testing, full speed ahead. The oil companies, like the cigarette companies will pivot and keep cashing in. Is there a plan to FORCE other countries to not increase productivity and raise their standard of living by exploiting their resources? The "environment" is a WORLD resource, we share the same air and same water. If "global warming" is the primary motivator for reducing fossil fuel consumption, whether or not the United States embraces EV won't mean diddly shit. Other countries will pick up the slack and continue burning fossil fuels, perhaps even at a greater rate and with more pollution.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Remember when everyone smoked and drank an drove? It changed but took decades. Slowly it became socially uncool for this destructive behavior. People's tolerance and acceptance changed. Same with pollution. It's a hell of a lot better now than it was.  

Shotgun changes are most likely on the political scale. Got to look like we are doing something so bigger and more grandiose the better. Slow and steady wins the race. Small things that everyone can do and feel a part of...

We posted minutes apart and were both thinking smoking analogies- weird. 

It is a bit sad that none of the last few generations had the opportunity to wake up with their car in the front yard and no idea how they got home, or the classic, the bar is closing you need to go. "Ok, just help me to my car." The counter would be the last few generations didn't go to as many funerals in high school, but I do not know if that is the case. 

• Like 1

I think the developed world funds developing and undeveloped 3rd world economics, farming methods, incentives, infrastructure, schools... you get the idea. That will be reduced/withheld if they don't meet emissions and pollution standards. They are in a bind, they need power to develop, saying you guys fueled your development for a hundred years and now you tell us we can't? WTF???

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

I think the developed world funds developing and undeveloped 3rd world economics, farming methods, incentives, infrastructure, schools... you get the idea. That will be reduced/withheld if they don't meet emissions and pollution standards. They are in a bind, they need power to develop, saying you guys fueled your development for a hundred years and now you tell us we can't? WTF???

That is my point exactly. Funding undeveloped 3rd world, takes money. The resentment of the world that isn't already, will be upon the USA. If we provide what you mentioned, it will never be enough. If we force our environmental and societal standards, we will be the target of terrorism from those who do not wish to conform. The arc of civilization bends towards laziness and fossil fuels are easier than alternatives (looking at bang for buck) Only fools work harder to pay more for goods and pay more taxes to benefit the potential great great grandchildren of strangers 

1 hour ago, frankendat said:

We posted minutes apart and were both thinking smoking analogies- weird. 

It is a bit sad that none of the last few generations had the opportunity to wake up with their car in the front yard and no idea how they got home, or the classic, the bar is closing you need to go. "Ok, just help me to my car." The counter would be the last few generations didn't go to as many funerals in high school, but I do not know if that is the case. 

Makes you wonder why kids today are staging anti-China protests,

& boycotting Chinese goods,as they are one of the worst offenders when it

comes to "Climate Change".One of the most polluting countries in the World.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, angliagt said:

Makes you wonder why kids today are staging anti-China protests,

& boycotting Chinese goods,as they are one of the worst offenders when it

comes to "Climate Change".One of the most polluting countries in the World.

And you know where any oil the USA doesn't use will go. Think the Saudi's are going sell less oil and buy less Lambo's to save the environment?

• Like 4
On 5/16/2024 at 11:58 AM, bananahamuck said:

true words 

We went to Rolling Stones last night in Seattle,, i am feeling way less pessimistic this morning for real  

Thanks Nanner, great point, and worth pondering. By now, we know each other's fixed political positions, and logical debate left the building a long time ago. 4 years into our awkward dance of egos, I can say it's a blast to be part of this shunned community of nut bags. I've asked myself more than once though, WTF am I doing here hashing over the same old shit as though anything I say here actually matters? All we do is laugh or cry about our F'ed up country in a tiny little corner of the internet. Well hand Christ a poll and fuck me running. I started off my career as a school psychologist, and I was on my city's education counsel board for 11 years. Been thinking about this after reading your post, and feeling a bit guilty these days, because I'm sitting here doing nothing to change our country's F'ed up shit in the real world. I decided it's time again to think globally and act locally. Focusing on the future, I'm volunteering some time to a few worthy (non-woke oriented) educational causes for kids with learning disabilities. Don't worry Mike, the first thing I'll teach them is how to write "I hate the orange devil turd". 😈

Like I said:

May you live in interesting times. Is this a blessing? Glass half full, or a curse? Glass half empty? This has been an exceedingly interesting year. Some political firsts. 

No one ever has changed someone else's political mind by arguing with them. Yet despite this being obvious... here we are!

For the laughs. The reason anyone does anything.

Quote:

"No one wants to talk about the orange elephant in the room"

"Have never ever seen anyone that I would vote for."

"I'm just riding the wave.... and pointing out the rocks."

On 5/16/2024 at 9:53 AM, datzenmike said:

A stiff drink with MAGA tear ice cubes in it?  Hey, I'm just riding the wave. Pointing out the rocks.

Cool, enjoy your warm cup of Trudeau's piss. Cheers! 

Cheers Gif - IceGif

• Haha 2

I haven't really been following Trump's trial, but CNN and MSNBC are conceding that they handed Cohen his ass on the stand.  Apparently, the whole case hinged on a single phone call, and that was proven as not true.  They might have been able to bring up another witness to corroborate Cohen's story, but the prosecution didn't do that. 

So basically, they have no credible evidence about the falsifying records, and Cohen has been shown to be a proven liar.  Any juror with the smallest inkling of fairness should completely discredit anything he has testified about.

If the right was doing this to Biden and he was in the same spot, I would also say the same thing.    I don't really care for either one of these clowns, but the Dems are turning this into a third world banana republic by prosecuting these flimsy ass cases.  If Trump gets elected, I hope he pardons Hunter.  It might be a step towards stopping this back and forth chickenshit.  Even the liberal talking heads are pointing out that trying to take Trump out was a big mistake, and it's just made him more popular.  

I've said this more than once, but my vote is for anyone other than Biden.  Literally everything he touches goes to shit.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, datzenmike said:

So Trump payed $130,000 for nothing? CNN??? yuk yuk

For nothing ? Not at all. He got elected president. The slut should be in jail for bribery. She now owes him money. LOL.

Edited by john510
  • Like 1