Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, john510 said:

So the Tesla didn't just catch fire.The moron driving it ran into a tree ? Any car could catch fire after hitting a tree.Or a burn barrel.

I feel like you're victim shaming here. No burn barrel ever was made expecting to become a trash incinerator 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, paradime said:

sheer natural beauty, and crazy hot rods are concerned, the ability to burn shit in a barrel doesn't come close for me. 

Well I have the first two AND can burn in my backyard here in the mitten.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, paradime said:

WTF!!! No one has hot rods any more? Oh, that's right, you're from Georgia.

Fires involving electric cars always make the news, but in 2022 the NHTSA recorded 1529.9 fires per 100k for gas vehicles sold, and just 25.1 fires per 100k sold for electric vehicles. So drop the BS and tell us witch one's safer. 

I agree Tom, California isn’t for everybody, but as far as economic and cultural diversity, sheer natural beauty, and crazy hot rods are concerned, the ability to burn shit in a barrel doesn't come close for me. 

Tom burns his shit in a barrel? Ewww.

• Haha 3
On 5/25/2023 at 2:26 PM, paradime said:

As a kid, I always had long-ish hair until my mom became a Jehovah's Witness when I was 10. My brothers and I were converted by virtue of association. Other than losing all celebrations and holidays, my biggest resentment was having my hair cut high and tight, like a little police narcotics officer. Not a popular look in the 70s when "cool" matter very much to me. I started growing MY hair back at 15 when I could finally articulate why my mom's "religion" was her's, and not mine.

I can relate to long hair as a danger at work though. My first job out of high school was in construction, prewiring and installing low voltage electronics. I was using a big half inch corded Milwaukee drill with a 3/4" spade bit to make a path for all the alarm and phone wires in n up stairs a room. The corner had a soffit for the furnace exhaust that was too small for the big drill, so I switched to a 3/8" corded. I had to contort my body to get my head and arm in there to make the corner holes. I was hogging away when the hair on the right side of my head fell off my ear and got wrapped around the bit. Before I could react the drill flipped over, slapped the side of my head, and trapped the edge of my hand on the trigger. I was stuck there for a while, but managed to get my left hand around the chuck and fought the motor to get my right hand free. I lost some hair, but had I been using the half inch, it would have been a very different story. From then on, my hair choice was always kept under a company hat.

When working blue collar, where hair could be considered a liability in fact, 99% could care less. But white collar, office jobs and such, where hair length is inconsequential, the majority hold it against you. The aforementioned is an affront to rationale thought. Those promoting and/or enforcing such policies, should find themselves at increased risk for workplace accidents.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Tom burns his shit in a barrel? Ewww.

Seems Coulter intuitive, but maybe SF could clean up their shit riddled sidewalks by legalizing Georgia Peach Bunt Barrels. I'll write Newsom a letter to get it on the 2024 ballet. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Duncan said:

bumper-dumper5.jpg

There's always the Bumper Dumper..

Dammit, just think of the possibilities with that contraption on one of those Gubament Motors truks with the 'Do Anything' tailgates; fold-out canopy for 'Singin in the Rain', maybe ??

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

"Boy I got vision and the rest of the world wear bifocals."

Name the quote. First person to get it right wins a free shit emoji.

I'm not in for the shit, but he started his racing career in a Datsun 510.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, john510 said:

Paul Newman.And I'd rather have a burn barrel than a shit emoji for my prize.

Adam Corolla maintains some of the historic Datsun racers. 

He's a gear-head 'par excellence'

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a30089162/adam-carolla-paul-newman-car-collection/

• Like 2