Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Cardinal Grammeter said:

Grid is not robust in CA:  During heatwaves CA has been having rolling brownouts for many years and recently asked for limited charging of EV's.  And it's expected to get hotter in the coming years.  Has anyone done the numbers on AC load increases due to hotter weather since AC load is what taxes the networks?  Grid will have to power the AC in EV too.  

The Solar Panel will help a little, but the majority of charging is after work when sun is low and much overnight when sun is down.  And the mandate for EV's does not apply to installing solar panels.  There isn't a strong correlation between EV users and Solar Panel users.  Will Solar Panel Users keep up with EV Users?  I say No since these are two different cultures.  

Brown outs and shut downs are due to electrical supply issues, not issues with the grid. Over the entirety of last year, Cali's average down time state wide, without major weather events, was 4.48 hours. While it's security and sophistication is dismal, as a country, the US has one of the most robust and modular power grids on the planet.

Solar panels aren't limited to charging Someones EV.They ad power to the grid during peak hours when it's most needed. Charging at home usually happens during off peak hours at night.

A Jun 2021 nation wide survey found that 46% of EV households have rooftop solar, with average capacity of 6.9kW

To Mike's power tool analogy, a 240 volt home chargers have a power rating somewhere between 7 kW and 19 kW. Remember, just like filling your tank, EVs are not depleted to empty then charged to full every night.

I do not have internet access yet again, so I will not likely reply to any replies in a timely manner.

My friend that has worked for a few of the presidents before fleeing because he did not want to hang around with a bunch of criminals told me that that Biden signed off for the federal reserve to get set up for changing over to online money(cyrpto currency?).

Did anyone on here know that Nancy Pelosi and other politicians come from Families with organized crime backgrounds.

Edited by wayno
  • Like 4
28 minutes ago, wayno said:

I do not have internet access yet again, so I will not likely reply to any replies in a timely manner.

My friend that has worked for a few of the presidents before fleeing because he did not want to hang around with a bunch of criminals told me that that Biden signed off for the federal reserve to get set up for changing over to online money(cyrpto currency?).

Did anyone on here know that Nancy Pelosi and other politicians come from Families with organized crime backgrounds.

WOW! - now that's a shock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was for sure an interesting day today, with the whole Twitter thing going down and the highly questionable happenings at the Pelosi place in SF.  I'm not alone in speculating that it might have been orchestrated by Nancy, as payback for Paul's drunken tryst that made the news a while back with two totaled vehicles and injuries.

No way that some rando can breach the speaker's house, even if he's only wearing underwear and carrying a hammer as to blend in with the indigenous population.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
19 minutes ago, flyerdan said:

It was for sure an interesting day today, with the whole Twitter thing going down and the highly questionable happenings at the Pelosi place in SF.  I'm not alone in speculating that it might have been orchestrated by Nancy, as payback for Paul's drunken tryst that made the news a while back with two totaled vehicles and injuries.

No way that some rando can breach the speaker's house, even if he's only wearing underwear and carrying a hammer as to blend in with the indigenous population.

Probably some weird gay thing gone wrong.

• Haha 2

First thing to do on a take over is fire the upper management. You don't want that rot staying and causing problems with your own vision. Those that remain are forever grateful and loyal.... and they probably didn't care for them anyway and now they are free to rise up in the hierarchy. 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

First thing to do on a take over is fire the upper management. You don't want that rot staying and causing problems with your own vision. Those that remain are forever grateful and loyal.... and they probably didn't care for them anyway and now they are free to rise up in the hierarchy. 

Bad leadership is cancer; and most people don't quit jobs, they quit shit management. 

Most companies could benefit from some proper leadership training.... not that synergy, pizza party, bullshit team building exercises nonsense. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Duncan said:

Elon bought Twitter, immediately fires upper Management.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/elon-musk-completes-twitter-purchase-fires-ceo-and-other-top-execs-reports-11666918507?siteid=yhoof2

I kinda like this guy, even before Twitter. 

I don't know if he'll be better, but he won't be worse and he seems less of a twat then the former leaders (How much less TBD)

• Like 4

Success in business depends on life or death, ruthless, dispassionate decisions by management. The best leaders, like politicians, are psychopaths and poor decisions are often made bad by political in fighting by those below intent on their own empire building rather than collective team effort. I imagine Elon is no idiot and finds those fired lacking for following a poor leader or contributing to his poor management. (not to be trusted in his team) A new broom sweeps clean...  

• Like 2
15 hours ago, flyerdan said:

14 hours ago, Dguy210 said:

Probably some weird gay thing gone wrong.

local news on suspect David DePape who grew up in BC Canada.

Edited by paradime
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, paradime said:

Far right extremist viewpoints, I call bullshit.

He lives as a transient in a house with people he's never even said hello to, with crap all over the yard and a rainbow flag

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, thisismatt said:

Time to close off the Canadian border

Yeah he's from about 18 miles from me. How about some reciprocity?

3 hours ago, paradime said:

I  Thought this was the Academy Awards with all the "I'd like to thank the police, firefighters, emergency responders, the FBI, US attorney's office, the Capitol Police, dispatcher girl Heather Grimes.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Ooph! said:

Far right extremist viewpoints, I call bullshit.

He lives as a transient in a house with people he's never even said hello to, with crap all over the yard and a rainbow flag

This incident was close to a very divisive political figure in one of the most politically divisive cities in the country, so everyone's viewpoint and beliefs are skewed accordingly. Sad state of affairs but it's the nature of the beast. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Yeah he's from about 18 miles from me. How about some reciprocity?

I  Thought this was the Academy Awards with all the "I'd like to thank the police, firefighters, emergency responders, the FBI, US attorney's office, the Capitol Police, dispatcher girl Heather Grimes.......

Yeah, but at least the DA didn't slap the chief of police in and yell "Keep the FBI out your fucking mouth!" 

• Like 1