Also, California has recently created some sort of agency that can decide to raise wages for fast food workers.  There are some limitations and such, but they can make it mandatory for some big chains to pay up to $22 per hour.

Here's what happens:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/want-fries-robot-makes-french-100917185.html

They're going to raise those entry level jobs right into obscurity..

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those kind of jobs were always,& should be lower wage jobs for teenagers

to get job experience with.If they pay $22/hour/they'll just pass on the cost by

raising prices.

Of course Biden could just give the fast food industry a few hundred BILLION,

& that'd bring the cost down.

• Like 2

Dating myself but in 1995 I worked on a 900ft tanker that took refined gasoline from Anacortes Washington to LA. We ran a full load then the next trip a half load because the refinery couldn't produce gas fast enough. It was shell brand gas but the refinery was private no big name. Anyways one trip was a colossal fuck up where shell regular 2000 was loaded in with super unleaded 2000. Mixed gas had to be sold at the cheaper gas price and there was a lot of finger pointing at us until it was proven the refineries fault. There are million dollar fuck ups in the oil industry every day. Kind of comical. We ran back to the same refinery to pick up more shell and on the way to LA we changed charters and were all of the sudden Texaco gas. Same gas as shells brand now Texaco. What actually arrives at the pump is a crapshoot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

Dating myself but in 1995 I worked on a 900ft tanker that took refined gasoline from Anacortes Washington to LA. We ran a full load then the next trip a half load because the refinery couldn't produce gas fast enough. It was shell brand gas but the refinery was private no big name. Anyways one trip was a colossal fuck up where shell regular 2000 was loaded in with super unleaded 2000. Mixed gas had to be sold at the cheaper gas price and there was a lot of finger pointing at us until it was proven the refineries fault. There are million dollar fuck ups in the oil industry every day. Kind of comical. We ran back to the same refinery to pick up more shell and on the way to LA we changed charters and were all of the sudden Texaco gas. Same gas as shells brand now Texaco. What actually arrives at the pump is a crapshoot.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO Anacortes Refinery is mine now as I work for Marathon petroleum. You are right as there is fuck ups all the time. What did you sail as on that Ship and What tanker company did you work for ? And you guys might have been pumping to a terminal like Kinder Morgan or at the time it was called Ultramar refinery. I sailed as well running tanker barges all over the Hawaiian islands and here in the Los Angeles and Long Beach harbors as well. Last thing to mention is if a refinery is in turnaround they will sell and ship feedstock they can't store as downstream units are in maintenance mode. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Duncan said:

Also, California has recently created some sort of agency that can decide to raise wages for fast food workers.  There are some limitations and such, but they can make it mandatory for some big chains to pay up to $22 per hour.

Here's what happens:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/want-fries-robot-makes-french-100917185.html

They're going to raise those entry level jobs right into obscurity..

Gavin Newsome and all the Democrats can go fuck themselves. Stupid ideas for stupid people.

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, mrbigtanker said:

SOOOOOOOOOOOO Anacortes Refinery is mine now as I work for Marathon petroleum. You are right as there is fuck ups all the time. What did you sail as on that Ship and What tanker company did you work for ? And you guys might have been pumping to a terminal like Kinder Morgan or at the time it was called Ultramar refinery. I sailed as well running tanker barges all over the Hawaiian islands and here in the Los Angeles and Long Beach harbors as well. Last thing to mention is if a refinery is in turnaround they will sell and ship feedstock they can't store as downstream units are in maintenance mode. 

Yes! Back in the day the ship was the Delaware Trader owned by Pennatransco if my memory serves me. It was an old single skin tanker so its days were numbered. When we switched to Texaco we delivered the fuel through the Panama canal to port everglades " Fort Lauderdale" and my 60 days as a cadet were up. The Panama canal the ship had 1ft clearance on each side and the steel hitting concrete smelled like welding, not a reassuring feeling. The ship was inert gassed of course so no explosion. Anacortes I was introduced to Alaskan Amber Ale and my love for microbrew was started. It was my first and last tanker. When you have to get blood tested for benzene I was out!

Edited by bottomwatcher
  • Like 2

I never was much of a pumpkin spice alcohol person BUT 

They used to make a pumpkin blend that was insane good . So refreshing 

now they make holiday selections that taste like sucking on a pine tree 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

Where did you get this information as it is partly true but not fully ? India and China can also refine CARB compliant gas also. Ask me how I know.

I read about it when they had a fire at a California refinery,

& explained that the price would go up & the supply go down due

to that fact.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, angliagt said:

I read about it when they had a fire at a California refinery,

& explained that the price would go up & the supply go down due

to that fact.

All are refineries had a fire or explosion. It can disrupt production, but it depends what unit. There are many crude unit is worse at will yes eventually kill the whole refinery once you loose all feed stocks. 

• Like 3

are, our, hour 

grey, gray

watt, what, wut🤣

there, their, they 

way, weigh

weight, wait 

steak , stake

no wonder the Hawaiian spelled it wrong 

so many others i just cant think of them 

Edited by Ranman72
  • Haha 2