I had a front row seat to the Nancy Pelosi, Willie Brown, Gavin Newsom shit show when I lived on Yuba Buena (Treasure) Island 2000-2005. My younger brother was there through 2012 and was among the last to be evicted before the Treasure Island redevelopment started. After being tipped off by someone involved, Ken searched through city records and found totally incomplete environmental impact studies that were swept through state and local oversight. He successfully sued to have a judge issue a cease and desist order to the TI Development Authority, and managing contractor Darius Anderson, (lobbyist and fundraiser for both outgoing Mayor Willie Brownand incoming Mayor Gavin Newsom) but it must have mysteriously disappeared because demolition never stopped. The hidden financial river that runs through this wholes hit show is Mark Dunlop, the CFO of the TI Development Authority. Dude was appointed by Slick Willie back in 1997, he's still cooking the books for the $5 Bil TI money fountain.     https://www.foundsf.org/index.php?title=Connected_Treasure_Island_Developers_Cultivated_Profitable_Deal

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/30/2022 at 2:53 PM, pondking said:

against taxes? explain?

working on the ambulance in LA county I've seen minimal effort towards dialysis pts 

seems to me like caring for one another is too thin of ice for many of us 

not saying a non medical professional can't handle it 

but not all patients are equal 

if the corporation is against it seems like it needs a little readjustment in power stability of course until they regulate the regulators 

any thoughts anyone?

I need to explain why I'm against excess taxation ? How's this,I live in California.I wasn't referring to this dialysis proposition in particular.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, john510 said:

I need to explain why I'm against excess taxation ? How's this,I live in California.I wasn't referring to this dialysis proposition in particular.

Do any healthcare insurance companies not covers dialysis? MediCal is essentially the state’s Medicaid program. Ca's General Fund covers 20% of total Medi-Cal costs with federal funds covering 65%, and other state and local funds picking up the remaining 15%. Costs are further lowered with regular Medi-Cal recipients paying all their surplus income toward meeting their share of cost for healthcare just like the rest of us.  It's hardly a case of excess taxation when you consider the relative small cost of Medi-Cal covering dialysis vs not covering it. My question is would it save money to provide dialysis equipment and training for those who can do for themselves?

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

So again, what's so important? is half of California on dialysis? What does money or a union have to do with this?

2018, SEIU-UHW  sponsored Proposition 8

2020, SEIU-UHW  sponsored Proposition 23

2022, SEIU-UHW West is the primary sponsor and has contributed over $7.97 million to support

That union stands to benefit, exactly how you'd need to ask them but from my perspective it means more control, more union members and therefore more money in dues.

The article explains there are 80,000 Californian's that receive Dialysis 3 times per week.

Read the Media editorials near the bottom, I found them most telling about the unions motives.

https://ballotpedia.org/California_Proposition_29,_Dialysis_Clinic_Requirements_Initiative_(2022)

• Like 3

I don't have much respect for unions. Well in my case the UAW. While at GM I saw a very drunk co worker fired on the spot on a Friday night evening shift and sent home in a cab. He was back at work on Wednesday and got his pay for the two days missed. What the union did was trade a number of valid complaints for his reinstatement. So that means the people who had complaints got fucked over so this guy could get his job back. Another time there was a holiday on a Thursday and GM asked the union if they would rather work that day and have Friday off for a long weekend. The union said no fuckin way our agreement says Thursday is a holiday and that that just to spite them. It came down to the union and management not giving a goddamn inch.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dolly Madison,a company here that makes Twinkies and other snakes.Closed it's doors in 2012 cause a union had the workers go on strike and the company just shut there doors and every one was out of a job.The pay was awesome.Then someone bought the company and kept on making the Twinkies and other snacks.But the new workers pay was way lower than what they were making.They had a lot of stores here selling there sweets at a very good price.That was the only company here that had a Union.https://www.jacksonville.com/story/news/2013/06/13/closed-dolly-madison-bakery-columbus-could-start-cooking-again/15825711007/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

I don't have much respect for unions. Well in my case the UAW. While at GM I saw a very drunk co worker fired on the spot on a Friday night evening shift and sent home in a cab. He was back at work on Wednesday and got his pay for the two days missed. What the union did was trade a number of valid complaints for his reinstatement. So that means the people who had complaints got fucked over so this guy could get his job back. Another time there was a holiday on a Thursday and GM asked the union if they would rather work that day and have Friday off for a long weekend. The union said no fuckin way our agreement says Thursday is a holiday and that that just to spite them. It came down to the union and management not giving a goddamn inch.

To many times what I have seen with unions is people are taught to hate their employer for overpaying them for doing a simple job slowly.

Many are able to buy a house, have a retirement and pay for some collage if they don't spend it on big trucks, toy haulers and side x sides while cursing the company that paid for all. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Our Governor here in Georgia.Brian Kemp keeps eliminating the gas taxes.Our gas is 2.95 a gallon for the 87 Octane.Just move here.We are hiring.Starting pay is 19.00 bucks an hour  or more,and everything else is cheaper.Then their will be two 720's in town,cool...If that's what you have.

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 4

It's funny. Back in September I gave up my comfy six hour a day/5 day a week/$15 fed daycare janitorial gig for $26 an hour to shuttle 18 wheelers inside a maintenance facility Mon-Thu 10 hours a day with every Friday off or just five hours on a Friday. I might move four trucks a day (maybe an hour of driving a day), never leave the facility and spend the rest of the time playing on the phone. Wife will soon be a boss there (in training now) making good money too. Make the most money I've ever made in my life and still think Biden sucks big green donkey dicks. I'm doing petty good but I've watched Bidenflation put so many young folks in a financial bind. Haven't seen an economy this bad since 1981 and it's been wrecked intentionally. Dems crashed this shit on purpose and if they hold/gain house/senate seats Tuesday then it means fucktards truly want this shit and I'll be done hoping this country gets back on its feet ever again.

• Like 4

In the auto factory where I used to work, there was a guy notorious for hitting stuff with his forklift, included some AGVs-the automatic guided vehicles- that delivered parts to various areas of the body shop.  He wrecked a few of them, but the company could never get him fired because the UAW would always work something out.

He did finally get fired, but it was for assaulting a vending machine and the company could call it vandalism (more criminal than negligent in nature) which the union did not have a way around.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

After DJT's wild ride, Biden benefited from the soft bigotry of low expectations from the left. That free pass has worn out though. With the post covid economic ramp up, disruption in multiple supply chains, and oil prices doubling due to OPEC/Russian holding down production, rising inflation was a no briner given. Yes, over reacting can have serious consequences, but F sake Biden completely blew his chance to stay out ahead of it and inflation snowballed out of control. I think the political consequences of his misstep will be the Dems loosing the house and senate. If the Biden admin doesn't bring the economy back to equilibrium, I think there will be a tsunami of voters leaving the Dam party. If the Rep party softens the in your face hard right crusade and plays to the common good middle ground, they'll have another 10 year run in power. Obstructionist government makes it impossible to harvest the low hanging fruit in popular bipartisan common sense reform. In the American consciousness that ripe fruit has gone moldy.

There's a bill working it's way through the house that will make daylight saving time a thing of the past in 2023. If Biden signs it into law, it will be the greatest accomplishment of his administration. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
55 minutes ago, paradime said:

There's a bill working it's way through the house that will make daylight saving time a thing of the past in 2023. If Biden signs it into law, it will be the greatest accomplishment of his administration. 

Possibly the only accomplishment in a positive sense

• Like 4
  • Haha 1