1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

No. That's when he finds his way off stage without help.

Shit, if he does that Dems will reelect him for sure.

My doubter is volunteering at a polling place in the hood right now. She said it was like a ghost town in there and could count, on one hand, the number of voters who picked up a ballet and actually voted. I don't think it'll be that way tomorrow though. She'll be working from 7:30 AM to 9:00PM. Leave it to the US gov to circumvent their own child labor laws. If I made a high school intern work those hours they'd put me in jail for child abuse. 

Edited by paradime
  • Like 4
  • Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, paradime said:

There's a bill working it's way through the house that will make daylight saving time a thing of the past in 2023. If Biden signs it into law, it will be the greatest accomplishment of his administration. 

I like daylight saving time.  I love the long days in summer.  Here in Michigan which is generally near the western end of Eastern time zone, it is light here until 10:30 or so for a couple weeks.  Which do you want adopted, permanently with it or without it?

I agree it plays a bit of havoc on the body (especially as I get older), but endurable.

• Like 2

The cats are still on DST and get in and jump on me at their 5 AM. I can usually hold out till 5:30. Now it's anytime after 4.  Last two days up at 4:50 ish so took a nap this afternoon. 

A few years ago I was north above Edmonton in June and there was a blue glow to the west at 1 AM

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They have been recorded as far south as Mexico city but it must have been a hell of a solar flair for that. I've seen them only in the winter months and very cold and perhaps a half dozen times. The light green is sometimes almost yellow and some are lavender/pink? The harder you look the less you see. Better to look off to the side and they move slowly, like a waterfall/curtain in the wind.

• Like 3
19 hours ago, paradime said:

Biden benefited from the soft bigotry of low expectations

Para, that is elegant, my friend. As my autumn years approach I relish fine wordsmithing as much as I relish a good steak or the five year old single malt rye I'll probably nip at tonight.  I didn't vote for Obama but I truly believed he'd end the desert wars that three of my children served in. He didn't. All I really wanted from Biden was an end to the mask mandate on federal installations. He kept me muzzled until February of this year. On the plus side, my unhinged liberal never Trumper sister called me a few weeks back to tell me an H1B Indian immigrant took her job (not before sis had to train her though),.inflation had depleted her savings account for the first time since she started the account in 1997 and that high gas prices were probably going to force to sell her Mercedes SUV that she adores. Glad you got what you voted for, sista!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, Duncan said:

What a coincidence.  My California inflation relief check arrived yesterday.  What timing... Right before voting day. 

I guess I'll vote for Gavin after all since he cars so much for us citizens.

Shit I'm gonna have to go check the mail.... maybe ol gav can buy me some beer while I vote him and Bonta out

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

Para, that is elegant, my friend. As my autumn years approach I relish fine wordsmithing as much as I relish a good steak or the five year old single malt rye I'll probably nip at tonight.  I didn't vote for Obama but I truly believed he'd end the desert wars that three of my children served in. He didn't. All I really wanted from Biden was an end to the mask mandate on federal installations. He kept me muzzled until February of this year. On the plus side, my unhinged liberal never Trumper sister called me a few weeks back to tell me an H1B Indian immigrant took her job (not before sis had to train her though),.inflation had depleted her savings account for the first time since she started the account in 1997 and that high gas prices were probably going to force to sell her Mercedes SUV that she adores. Glad you got what you voted for, sista!

As a pretty capable blind guy, I'm keenly aware of that kind of coddling bigotry. The only thing it accomplishes is disempowerment. Bad mojo for a leader.

Sorry to hear your sis got undercut by the "cheep foreign labor" option. Capitalism is the most efficient system, but it can also be F'n heartless.

Gin is my poison, but I'll raise a glass with you tonight. 

• Like 3
21 hours ago, datzenmike said:

They have been recorded as far south as Mexico city but it must have been a hell of a solar flair for that. I've seen them only in the winter months and very cold and perhaps a half dozen times. The light green is sometimes almost yellow and some are lavender/pink? The harder you look the less you see. Better to look off to the side and they move slowly, like a waterfall/curtain in the wind.

We had an aurora in SW Michigan , maybe in the very early 2000's, as I was in my house at the time!  Stunning, but I don't think it was anywhere near as bright as much further north!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Duncan said:

What a coincidence.  My California inflation relief check arrived yesterday.  What timing... Right before voting day. 

I guess I'll vote for Gavin after all since he cars so much for us citizens.

Yea isn't that funny we got our checks right before the election.I have news for these left wing lunatics,they can kiss my ass and send me all the money they want.I'm not voting for them.They're just going to take it back one way or another.And let me add this.Fuck Gavin Newsom and his supporters.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, yenpit said:

We had an aurora in SW Michigan , maybe in the very early 2000's, as I was in my house at the time!  Stunning, but I don't think it was anywhere near as bright as much further north!

I'm 70, live just East of Pittsburgh, PA and so want to see The Aurora.  But I lack time, patience, and of course, money. 

I think there is some kind of "space weather" site where you might be able to sign up for Notifications of Aurora???

I did see the Total Solar in 2017 - insane but the center line was like 1 block from a dear friends home in Simpsonville, SC.  All I can say is that a Total is beyond words and it is not possible to convince someone that they saw NOTHING when they saw a Partial - they think you are exaggerating about the Total.

This is a MUST SEE - one of the most spectacular Life's Experiences.

NEXT TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE:  2024 April 8th

Duration 2x that of the 2017.

Will go over Erie, PA - I believe the end of Presque Isle is about at the center line.

https://www.greatamericaneclipse.com/april-8-2024

• Like 1

Does it only bother me that a wage is a barter for so much of one's life and that paying a Wage Tax is basically slavery?

....so I went to look up the initial Fed Income Tax rate only to discover it was started in 1861 as a result of Civil War costs!

So not only was the CW responsible for the death of 2% of our population, it spawned the onerous AF Federal Income Tax

One can't make up stuff like this:   We fight the CW to abolish slavery to masters and we all end up being slaves to the government.

I am not a fan of the Civil Way and how Lincoln handled it.

• Like 1

Interesting, WWI for CA and Civil War for USA.  What went wrong?  After a while, the tax should have covered the costs and then it could have been rescinded.  Right?  LOL  Gov got adicted to $$$.

Yeah, we're total mercenaries

WWI caused WWII caused The Cold War.  Then Russia collapsed (seems like Chernobyl was key) and we just went ape shit with Super Carriers. 

War is an unspeakable horror, but there is just something beautiful in a fine weapon.

I just bot a 2010 Ford Escape for primary transportation, now 620 can get the time to do overdo long term repairs (5-spd, rear backing plates, $$$)

4 hours ago, paradime said:

As a pretty capable blind guy, I'm keenly aware of that kind of coddling bigotry. The only thing it accomplishes is disempowerment. Bad mojo for a leader.

Sorry to hear your sis got undercut by the "cheep foreign labor" option. Capitalism is the most efficient system, but it can also be F'n heartless.

Gin is my poison, but I'll raise a glass with you tonight. 

Capitalism is best but awful. It's finally allowed me to have a comfortable life but once upon a time $6 an hour and selling my blood for gas money was my norm. It's very often like an abusive relationship where you get your ass painfully beat on a regular basis until you develop a skill set that allows you to negotiate your way out of the assaults. I lift my glass to you, sir and hope your evening has been awesome!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Cardinal Grammeter said:

I'm 70, live just East of Pittsburgh, PA and so want to see The Aurora.  But I lack time, patience, and of course, money. 

I think there is some kind of "space weather" site where you might be able to sign up for Notifications of Aurora???

Iv seen the northern lights from the height of the artic circle... its some incredible shit to see alone in the 24/7 darkness in the artic circle at -70f

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Cardinal Grammeter said:

Does it only bother me that a wage is a barter for so much of one's life and that paying a Wage Tax is basically slavery?

....so I went to look up the initial Fed Income Tax rate only to discover it was started in 1861 as a result of Civil War costs!

So not only was the CW responsible for the death of 2% of our population, it spawned the onerous AF Federal Income Tax

One can't make up stuff like this:   We fight the CW to abolish slavery to masters and we all end up being slaves to the government.

I am not a fan of the Civil Way and how Lincoln handled it.

you failed to mention it funded the national repair and once that was complete it was rescinded in 1872. You know, because politicians and law makers still answered to the people. It wasn't until 1913 did congress ratify it into law. That would be the 63 congress a DEMOCRAT led congress (1912-15). TAX and SPEND liberalism isn't exclusive to our generations, they've always put themselves before the governed.  

Edited by jbirds510