The Dr. Seuss thing,what a fucking joke.What is wrong with people ? I read that stuff as a kid,i read it to my kids.Not once ever did i notice anything out of line regarding race or stereotyping.Hopefully my liberal nut mother doesn't burn the collection of those books that have been in the family for fifty years.

• Like 3
  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, john510 said:

The Dr. Seuss thing,what a fucking joke.What is wrong with people ? I read that stuff as a kid,i read it to my kids.Not once ever did i notice anything out of line regarding race or stereotyping.Hopefully my liberal nut mother doesn't burn the collection of those books that have been in the family for fifty years.

Same with all the Looney Tune cartoons. They (who ever they are) said it promotes violence? I never bought a crate of ACME dynamite to blow anyone up! Never hunted Wabbits either. I did work with a kid who made me feel like we were Foghorn Leghorn. He was a wired little guy. Showed him some video and it became a running joke.   

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Duncan said:

No Pepe Le Pew in Disney's "Space Jam 2" sequel.  Reason?  His character advances "rape culture" so he's out...

I can sleep safely at night now knowing that we're safe from randy cartoon characters.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/pepe-le-pew-won-t-000315184.html

I always thought they gave Pepe a French accent because he smelled bad. I didn't catch the rape thing.

Hmmm, unwanted kissing of strangers?  Needs a new name.

Pepe Le Cuomo.

Pepe tries but never gets the girl in reality.  He's not exactly portrayed as the hero.  Has Charles Blow ever actually watched one all the way through.  Even as a kid it was clear to me his behavior was to be considered inappropriate, but then again, my family taught me morals.

Reality vs. cartoons, Mr. Potato head, Dr. Suess.  Do these woke folk truly understand anything?

• Like 3