10 hours ago, frankendat said:

I was responding to the post about the shooting of the man in Idaho Falls. We are in agreement about the gentleman continuing to fight, while restrained. I lack sympathy for adults, who lack the skill or mental acuity to realize there is a time to fight and a time to surrender. I do not want those who enforce law, to have "bad ass guns". I do not want to be subject of an "occupying force" masquerading as police.  I would prefer police return to revolvers. It is sickening when a police shoot out occurs and dozen of rounds are fired, with no or few causalities, which equals dozens of opportunities for collateral damage.  Marksmanship, should be more important than rounds down range, but I digress.

A well placed shot from a revolver with a 6” barrel is all it takes.

• Like 2
  • Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, john510 said:

Harry is a racist.LOL.

More like anti petty criminals.

He was just cleaning up the gene pool.......

When all he wanted was a cup of coffee with no sugar in it.

Those dudes ruined his day. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Racer X 69 said:

I worked with a guy whose dad was the Starwood police chief way back in the 70’s. Hank retired from the PUD, ten years ago or so. His dad was another guy that was a good cop.

The guys name was Carl Wade, think he passed away many years ago.

• Like 2
On 2/27/2021 at 7:59 PM, ratpatrol66 said:

I have a brother in law who used to be a cop in the 70s, 80s. He always told stories about cuffing and beating the shit out of people, seemed very proud of it? My sister and I met him before being formally introduced to our oldest sister new guy. We were out walking around Arlington Washington in early 80s. This guy saw us and was a total DICK!

Long and short of it is there are great people who choose to be in law-enforcement and there are some real fucked up individuals who make the rest look really bad. Call them 1%ers if you want?

Takes all kinds Patrol.  

I’m a retired cop from WA and it was getting baaaaad when I hung it up in 13’.  You’re underpaid with severe ptsd if you’ve worked a legitimate beat for any time. The first time you see some baby with a deformed head because the mom duct taped it’s mouth after “it wouldn’t shut up”, you arrest a grandfather who raped his 5 year old grandson because “he was asking for it”, you go to a “strange odor” call and find a woman whose corpse has been sexually penetrated in every single one of the 33 stab wounds she died from by her lawful husband and suspected murderer, you go to a “traffic accident” where a doting father leaving for work with his rear window fogged up drove over his 4 year old son who chased the dog behind his lifted bronco crushing the child’s skull, or went to a “verbal domestic” call to find the mother of an 11 year old boy screaming because he hung himself after failing a spelling test....

You might think humans aren’t so great.

Am i defending anyone?  Nope.  Just saying that job is utter horseshit, and anyone who wants to do it in today’s climate, isn’t the most stable to begin with.  Here in WA you can be a convicted felon in some agencies and get hired because they’re that desperate for cops.  It’s likely that it’ll only get worse over the next four years of Inslee. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 3
13 hours ago, Soundline said:

Takes all kinds Patrol.  

I’m a retired cop from WA and it was getting baaaaad when I hung it up in 13’.  You’re underpaid with severe ptsd if you’ve worked a legitimate beat for any time. The first time you see some baby with a deformed head because the mom duct taped it’s mouth after “it wouldn’t shut up”, you arrest a grandfather who raped his 5 year old grandson because “he was asking for it”, you go to a “strange odor” call and find a woman whose corpse has been sexually penetrated in every single one of the 33 stab wounds she died from by her lawful husband and suspected murderer, you go to a “traffic accident” where a doting father leaving for work with his rear window fogged up drove over his 4 year old son who chased the dog behind his lifted bronco crushing the child’s skull, or went to a “verbal domestic” call to find the mother of an 11 year old boy screaming because he hung himself after failing a spelling test....

Am i defending anyone?  Nope.  Just saying that job is utter horseshit, and anyone who wants to do it in today’s climate, isn’t the most stable to begin with.  Here in WA you can be a convicted felon in some agencies and get hired because they’re that desperate for cops.  It’s likely that it’ll only get worse over the next four years of Inslee. 

Thank you for your service and I truly mean that. I took a criminal justice course in the early 00's and my teacher was a retired officer from L.A. The shit he told us was terrifying and horrible most of the time, However he was one of the nicest, biggest hearted people and I will always look up to that mentality after dealing with so much! He could also be one funny guy, he would always warn us about breathing while taking a dump, said he went to entirely too many calls of old folks dying on the toilet! 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Logical1 said:

Thank you for your service and I truly mean that. I took a criminal justice course in the early 00's and my teacher was a retired officer from L.A. The shit he told us was terrifying and horrible most of the time, However he was one of the nicest, biggest hearted people and I will always look up to that mentality after dealing with so much! He could also be one funny guy, he would always warn us about breathing while taking a dump, said he went to entirely too many calls of old folks dying on the toilet! 

Everyone needs a job Logic.  I came home from Iraq and saw my hometown overrun by terrible people.  I felt I couldn’t bitch about it unless I personally stepped in to stop some of it.  I did what I could and then was retired due to a series of severe injuries.  I do have a large number of humorous stories, but this thread isn’t about good things.  Lol. 

One that springs to mind was a “home invasion” call where a house sitter had been startled awake by an “intruder”.  While on the phone with 911, she engaged the target.  

I’m not sure what type of stress tests Roomba’s were put through at the factory but I can confirm they don’t do well with a 12ga 00 at about 20’.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was a volunteer firefighter for 35 years.While at a traffic accident,

I asked an officer "Who'd want to be a cop?",to which they replied - "You guys-

run into burning buildings".I answered "But that's the COOLEST part of the job,

& they don't want to shoot at us".

Most people aren't happy to see cops show up,but usually are when fire-

fighters do.My hat's off to the good cops out there - lots of people are just waiting

for them to screw up,& they always have phones with cameras.

THANK YOU! for your service.   

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Logical1 said:

I always breathe when firing a No, 2 salvo. Guess I've been doing it wrong all these years.

Then again I eat lots of vegetables and drink lots of water so no effort whatever in fact I have trouble keeping it in till my coffee is ready.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Soundline said:

Takes all kinds Patrol.  

I respect you and all the good police who do what they do. No way I could ever deal with most of what they come across. Always was respectful when I had interactions with LEOs. Used to watch COPS a lot years ago and it amazed me how stupid people were around the police. As with Inslee? What a moron! I cast my vote for Culp.

Edited by ratpatrol66
  • Like 3

We had a show in Vancouver called "To Serve and Protect' but the  best shows were shot in Surrey a suburb of Vancouver. The place is a pest hole of violence and shit. The city town council eventually refused permission to film there because of the negative impact. Fuck you I wouldn't be caught dead there. The crews also accidentally filmed excessive force, beatings and other illegal moves by the police which was embarrassing. (but only to them) This was back in the '90s? I liked the show.  "Stop resisting" (screams as dog continues to gnaw on some douche bag's left buttock) Where else can you see some mouthy cunt get what he (or she) so richly deserves? Only lasted a season but there was a petition going around....

• Like 1

Was the petition to have the cops beat more Canadian’s?

I know everything there is to know about Canada, I’ve seen like six episodes of Trailer Park boys.  I might as well have a Doctorate in Canadian Cultural Studies from Evergreen State College.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We had a holiday in Canada in 2019, remember coming into from Vancouver from a different direction than we had earlier in the holiday and holy fuck it was like driving into a seen from a scifi movie, homeless for what seemed like 2klms straight, crack heads meandering around in the middle of the road and then all of a sudden... gone, like an invisible line was crossed and it was normal? Well as normal as it can seem for us rednecks from a town with 2k people in the middle of Australia.

I couldn't get over how arrogant pedestrians were, would literally stand and wait for the crossing to start counting down then cross making sure not one fucking car could get around the corner. I reckon there would be a red-hot market for big arse bull bars in Vancouver, an option to weld spikes on Mad Max style would be awesome. 

I liked the coast up around Sechelt the best. Nice quiet. 

• Like 2
Just now, datzenmike said:

Sechelt can only be accessed by ferry so you would have to want to go there. Most of the deplorables stick to the inner cities. Sechelt is on the 'Sunshine Coast'. I'm almost straight west of there across the Georgia Straight.