Stolen (found) Car Portland, Oregon

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a call from the police, called the towing yard went out to get it. Was towed from an apartment complex for parking outside the lines. Stolen: Bike rack, air dam, ipod, tool bag, gps, my brand new stickers and temp registration, girlfriends glasses, stereo and speakers, wink mirror, wiper knob. Some new scratches on my rattle can paint job.

They also tore off my self tech sticker for autocrossing?? Battery is dead probably out of gas and seems to have fried the starter. Kill switch was still enabled. Its being towed to a shop down the street so until then that's all the info i have.

Car being dragged out of the tow yard.

l.jpg

Also, they took all the Ratsun cards Adam gave us.

So, on the one hand, there's some publicity for Ratsun. On the other hand, there may be an uptick in tweaker-types on the site.

Be warned.

Well let the mo fo's know that if any of us Datsun owners find them, they in for hella of a whoopin! Me thinking they already watching our treads, I mean, how else did they know about the kill system and how to by pass it? Glad you got your car back man. Some things I can understand taking but a wink mirror and wiper knob?!? Why?

Glad you got it back and it wasn't involved in any crashes or a police chase. Tweeks will take anything that's easy to remove and sell, but they probably took the stickers off it to make it harder to id while they drove it. My wifes 323 was stolen and when she got it back they had removed all the "mazda" and "323" badges. obviously that didn't stop the cops from reading the license plate, but people on drugs don't really make reasonable decisions. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Im glad shes home, i was fealin for you man, thought my name was on the cards so i didnt post in this thread. But i was looking around, if you need any help getting it back on the road let us know man!

Glad you got it back sucks those bastards got away with it but they will get there's one day at least no one got hurt plus material stuff comes and goes!

I had a Nissan D21 my dad gave me when I started driving. Well someone stole it off my driveway didn't notice till middle of the day and called the cops. It was found but it was in a pretty bad accident the roof was crushed down and who ever did it ran before cops hot there. Some small towing company sent me a $1500+ bill i didn't have the money so I said fuck it never paid it. Owner of the company wanted $500 bucks and the title but I didn't have that either. The good think I didn't care for the truck it needed a paint job, body work, and some of the wires inside caught on fire lol it was a good little work truck but that was about it.

I hate seeing stuff like this, a forklift moving a car around, I drove a forklift for 14 years, you can't move a vehicle around without damaging stuff, it just goes to show ya, that this tow outfit, and others like it don't give a rats ass about your vehicle, they only care that you pay them what they want, someone should hold them responsible for the damage they cause.

Before you drive this car, you need to inspect the underside of this vehicle, maybe they have some kind of saddles on the forks of that forklift to keep it from damaging anything more than the axle, if it has IRS, then you need to inspect it real close.

I am glad you have your car back. B)

l.jpg