Stolen (found) Car Portland, Oregon

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! I'm glad you got your car back. I'm sure, just like me, you have a ton of work into your dime and it was just killing you knowing some p.o.s. was out there trashing it. I hope the fork lift didn't do much damage.

The tow yard seemed to know what they were doing, the guy driving the forklift had a couple 60"s datsuns. The forklift had an attachment that wrapped and lifted around the tires. There was also a very clean 280sx that just sold at their auction for less than $500.

We should get our shottys, dress up a parts car, and have a ratsun rally in portlandia.

Im in! :rofl:

What parking lot was it towed from? Start your search there.

seriously, what apt complex was it?

Im glad to see you got your car back!!!! i have a few knobs and switches lying around. PM me with what you need and if i have it, its yours. I know i have an L series starter and a wink mirror.

awesome, although its kinda sketch that they have the ratsun cards, they might be scoping more folks , just to troll!

I hope they are, then theyl know that a very good amount of Ratsuners

are also packing conceal carry permits.

I catch you steeling my car Ill put one right threw you.

I can fix a bullet hole in my car...

can you fix the one in your chest?

• Like 4

who needs a gun, fix me beating you to death with a tireiron. :D no holes in car, just blood.

I was looking for a way to change the thread title but couldn't find one. I have more info and pics. $207 to pick up my stolen car (not covered by insurance) $158 to tow to shop (covered) $55 for a new starter and probably some where around $80 for an hour of labor. They push started it and everything sounds fine.

No more air dam, it looks naked to me :-(

l.jpg

They decided that it was a good idea to run the hose out of the valve cover that was hanging over the end of it down the tranny and redirect it to my webber

l.jpg

Obviously took my stereo which i got for free, also tore off the plastic cover to the right of ashtray

l.jpg

Speakers too... also were free.

l.jpg

Guess they had difficulty operating the hood prop, was found bent to shit at tow yard touched it and it broke off, pretty sure they just forced the hood down, dosent seem to be any damage besides the hinge feeling a little loose.

l.jpg

My temp gauge in dash says i'm always overheating which isn't accurate but they sure made sure to have a bunch of water on hand, also put either some stop leak or water pump lubricant to the radiator.

l.jpg

That red/blue twisted wire on the right is not my wire.

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

But anyways $340 is cheaper than a new car. Add on another $300 for new tires on her car so we could get to work this past week.

Looks like they knew exactly how to bypass the ignition kill switch. Which is why that kind of kill switch is next to useless. Once you have ignition power you can push start the car. Even if the switch is well hidden, if you can bypass it with 6" of wire in 30 seconds it's not particularly useful. My favorite kill switch is counterintuitive... because you'll get all the nice dash lights to come on, and ALL the wires look hooked up, and you can even run hotwires to the coil, it'll crank and crank but it still won't start.

glad to hear you got it back. in no way veiw this as a told you so or anything but theres a reason i decided to rent a 1000sqft shop and live upstairs. it has room for my 3 411s my sami, my dads nova and 1 more car plus all my tools and personal shit, yeah no shower in it yet but hey if i can keep all my stuff indoors ill shower in a bathroom sink!

• Like 1

I am worried about this exact thing on the way to/in Maine. Unknown areas and the like. I am going to pullt he hidden maxi-fuse that feeds the ka computer, and pull the fuel pump relay out as well, maybe a quick unplug of the electronic coil too. So happy to hear you have it back.

Because of this very thing I don't know how hard it would be to block all info or somehow without being a member. I know that would suck to those who just lurk this forum but never join, but the safer us and our cars are the better.

These days we just never know what these stupid thieves can come up with they got the time of the world. Some actually have a job but that doesn't stop them from being thieves. They could be coming on here looking at all our cars, our info, where we meet and even stuff we sell.

Finger prints on water jugs?????

Well considering there was absolutely no police work done to recover this car, wouldn`t that be counter productive, from the police`s standpoint??..You would not want to muddy up their $500. dollar fingerprint identification system with ,,,,actual finger prints..And what if it spit out an answer ,,,whoa,,,you would have to go find the guy at his mom`s house ,,,again.. And the union probably would have to be informed ,,,,,it`s just a big mess . Better off just handing out bussiness cards to victims and going on their way..

I love this on so many levels.

no homo

glad to hear you got it back. in no way veiw this as a told you so or anything but theres a reason i decided to rent a 1000sqft shop and live upstairs. it has room for my 3 411s my sami, my dads nova and 1 more car plus all my tools and personal shit, yeah no shower in it yet but hey if i can keep all my stuff indoors ill shower in a bathroom sink!

I've had this idea.. +1

• Like 1

I know this is a little old school, but if the rotor is removed the car/truck isn't going to start, and if the cap is put back on, they are not going to know it right away, how many thieves bring there own rotor.

I realize this is inconvenient for a daily, but great for all the others.

Seems like there would be a power lockout that when enabled would ground the whole ignition system and cause a direct short if power was added from anywhere else, but I guess this would cause issues with modern stereos.