Stolen (found) Car Portland, Oregon

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris' 510 was stolen from his apartment parking lot early this morning. Someone figured they needed it more than he did, I guess.

Dull Ivory paint.

Locked Yakima Racks that did have a bike rail on them (probably gone by now)

Door frame mounted mirrors.

Gray Toyota seats.

Oregon License plate: NET 291

http://datsun510.com...ck_Frames_2.jpg

http://datsun510.com...php?photo=23891

http://datsun510.com...php?photo=24494

Posted to my facebook was just spotted 10min ago by 1800 radiators warehouse he called the cops

Posted to my facebook was just spotted 10min ago by 1800 radiators warehouse he called the cops

portland or washington? just went to the one in portland they hadnt seen it

ill keep an eye out if it makes its way down this way, also be in sac town sat soo ill see if its ther etoo. seems its staying local. i have a feeling ratsun police will recover this one.

i reposted your dads post from the ratsun fb group on my shops page if anything pops up ill find a way to get the info to you

Must be some meth heads needing transpo if they are still in the neighborhood ten hours later. Here's to hoping you find it all in one piece once it runs out of gas (or before then of course).

I wish I could take a detour down that way after work, but of all days, I have to pick the kiddos up from daycare today.

Chris, the following isn't directed only at you. It's directed at all owners who need this reminder. Hopefully it can save some grief. Believe me, I know what it's like to come out in the morning to jump in your Datsun and the space is empty. It's like a kick in the nuts..... worse, that pain goes away.

Install a kill switch or a reliable way to disable your ride!!!!

Do not expect others to respect your property. It's up to you to look after your property by being pro-active. You've invested time and money and effort in your ride so spend 0.001% more on a kill switch. Do not expect help from the police, by then it's too late.

Chris, the following isn't directed only at you. It's directed at all owners who need this reminder. Hopefully it can save some grief. Believe me, I know what it's like to come out in the morning to jump in your Datsun and the space is empty. It's like a kick in the nuts..... worse, that pain goes away.

Install a kill switch or a reliable way to disable your ride!!!!

Do not expect others to respect your property. It's up to you to look after your property by being pro-active. You've invested time and money and effort in your ride so spend 0.001% more on a kill switch. Do not expect help from the police, by then it's too late.

Killswitch was installed and enabled. Thats what woke us up.

It's not a particularly useful killswitch if they can find it before you get woken up. Hell, half the time I sit there for 2 minutes wondering why I can't get my 4X4 to start... and then have to hunt blind for the damn thing.

Another thing I do is remove a very key component from the vehicle. No way to hotwire around that... you'd have to have brought one. Doesn't deter the thieves that have a tow chain through.

But, then again I don't know why these tweeker car thieves all seem to be some sort of genious savants when it comes to stealing cars.

• Like 1