Stolen (found) Car Portland, Oregon

what about wiring an airbag under the dash facing the pedals with a deadman switch and a time delay switch disarming system wired into the ignition. can't drive off if your knees are broken. second thought... that might not work out so well. we can wire that into the bait car.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

or dissect a tazer and wire the electrodes to the seat belts, so if the car starts without the ignition key disarming the system they just stay there and cook till the tazer battery runs out. I'm a big fan of instant karma. i think the tazer seat belts would give them the time they need to really think about some of the decisions they have made in their life. a bit of mandatory moral introspection.

Because of this very thing I don't know how hard it would be to block all info or somehow without being a member. I know that would suck to those who just lurk this forum but never join, but the safer us and our cars are the better.

These days we just never know what these stupid thieves can come up with they got the time of the world. Some actually have a job but that doesn't stop them from being thieves. They could be coming on here looking at all our cars, our info, where we meet and even stuff we sell.

Can't see someone lurking here to steal a crappy old Datsun (no offense) for a couple of speakers in the doors??? This is just way too much work. This was simply a crime of opportunity... it was there and easy to take. Period. The car wasn't stripped and parted out for all the valuable custom parts. It was simply driven till it quit or was picked up. This obviously was no car theft ring with a mastermind behind it.

who needs a gun, fix me beating you to death with a tireiron. :D no holes in car, just blood.

who needs a gun, fix me beating you to death with a tireiron. :D no holes in car, just blood.

nah! thats what a VW 8v camshaft is for. i have several and they are pretty much worthless int he VW world unless your restoring a car.

I'll just leave this here incase anyone would like to incorporate this into their car alarm. :devil:

Haha just torch the motherfucker.

Strangely enough I have actually seen a version of these for sale in the store, they also had a smoke screen system for the tailpipe. For offroad use only of course :devil:

What worries me is that this was likely a Datsun guy. Quite possibly someone one of us knows.

Tweakers take stereos and Ipods and tools and bike racks.

Teakers don't take Wink Mirrors and spooks. They don't break into a Datsun without damaging the door lock or ignition switch. That's someone who has a few Datsun keys laying around.

This guy knew Datsuns. He knew which wires to jump to keep it running.

Keep an eye out for that slightly ratty spook. A few cracks and while it was cream it's probably painted flat black by now.

Old style Yakima Raptor bike rail. The little flippy lock lever is almost pink from sun damage. Probalby dime a dozen out there, though.

The Yak rail tubes were cut SHORT. Not likely they're going to fit any new cars 510 roofs are narrow.

And let's not be sharing any good kill switch options HERE. Email your ideas to someone who wants to know. I have a couple good ones already but there might be a really great one out there.

Kelvin

• Like 3

Stuff is likely sold, so good luck proving it's yours even if you find it on some innocent guy's ride who bought it from 'some guy'. You don't need to be a rocket scientist (or a Datsun guy) to steal a Datsun. It was likely jumpered quickly to get it going and later fixed up to make it easier to use. My 620 was stolen using only a screwdriver. Screwdriver in door lock turn, 'crunch' door open. Screwdriver in ignition 'crunch' truck starts. Gone in under 60 seconds.

My 620 was stolen using only a screwdriver. Screwdriver in door lock turn, 'crunch' door open. Screwdriver in ignition 'crunch' truck starts. Gone in under 60 seconds.

this would makje a great movie... im gonna work on a script for it right now b4 someone beats me to it......

Stuff is likely sold, so good luck proving it's yours even if you find it on some innocent guy's ride who bought it from 'some guy'. You don't need to be a rocket scientist (or a Datsun guy) to steal a Datsun. It was likely jumpered quickly to get it going and later fixed up to make it easier to use. My 620 was stolen using only a screwdriver. Screwdriver in door lock turn, 'crunch' door open. Screwdriver in ignition 'crunch' truck starts. Gone in under 60 seconds.

It's true. I'm suggesting that before you buy (or if you find out a friend bought) parts in the near future you take a look at them.

If it's a Datsun guy that one of us knows then he has a built in clientele here.

If you don't know it's stolen then it's certainly not on you if you buy it. If you suspect it might be parts that belong to someone else and still buy... you're making yourself part of the Karmic payback.

Eugene used to have a couple guys that would end up with way too many cool parts compared to their paycheck. Eventually they got caught breaking into a Subaru-only JY and stealing LSD diffs. Always felt guilty that we all put up with them even though we suspected them.

Kelvin

^That is true. Doesn't matter what you smoke or ingest. If it's illegal, it was likely bought from someone who is required to operate their illegal business by any means necessary, and that is usually a very unethical business. Pot isn't really much different than coke or heroin or what have you when it comes to the manufacturing and cultivation of said illegal product. Unless you buy your dope from a home grown source who has ethics. But that's harder to find these days.

^That is true. Doesn't matter what you smoke or ingest. If it's illegal, it was likely bought from someone who is required to operate their illegal business by any means necessary, and that is usually a very unethical business. Pot isn't really much different than coke or heroin or what have you when it comes to the manufacturing and cultivation of said illegal product. Unless you buy your dope from a home grown source who has ethics. But that's harder to find these days.

and legal things are made with good ethics? LOL.. everyone walking around with any electronics is supporting terrible human rights violations by the fact that all of em come from china at some point.. having ethics when buying things now adays is just another form of ignorance.

• Like 1

and legal things are made with good ethics? LOL.. everyone walking around with any electronics is supporting terrible human rights violations by the fact that all of em come from china at some point.. having ethics when buying things now adays is just another form of ignorance.

I'll give you that. But white collar crime vs. massacring the "competition" with machine guns to keep your product on top is usually more reprehensible than the boss absorbing and laying off a company. For one, the people are allowed their lives! ;)

I'll give you that. But white collar crime vs. massacring the "competition" with machine guns to keep your product on top is usually more reprehensible than the boss absorbing and laying off a company. For one, the people are allowed their lives! ;)

yes but one cant belive everythingthey see on tv..

i can guarentee you that the weed i used to smoke didnt have any violence in its past. at its greatest travel it possibly came from canada, but almost always came from my dealer who got it from his friend who lived on the other side of town and alot of stuff is like that, it doesnt all come from cartels in mexico as the goverment would like you to belive.. goverment useing morality to try to get people to stop. age old tactics scare tactics.. and the mexico thing is just aggrivated by the fact that it is illigal in the first place..

and about china, live your life? as long as you work the job they tell you too, and dont make enough to ever do anything.. i personally would rather die.

btw, im done with this discussion LOL, it never ends well talking politics.