Stolen (found) Car Portland, Oregon

Kill switches should be used in conjunction with a relay so that they disable multiple functions, that way butt fu** dope heads cant just run a lead wire to your coil, starter or whatever.

These douche bags stole your car because (unfortunately) we as a society let them, if we actually enforced the laws we already have a$$holes like this would be locked up and not out on the streets. Not to mention the fact that if and when they do get out they would think twice about doin 10 in the pen for car theft .... any car theft. IMO

I hope they're shot dead on the street and buried in a shallow grave.... worthless piece of sh** ... then you get to collect money from their family for any damage done to your car .... Ya Ya Ya I know its extreme but do you know anyone that would steal a car if those were the consequences? I didnt think so.

My .02

• Like 1
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it's necessary, I'm sure, but a buddy from Staten Island offered a $50 reward for the return of the car.

Very cool of him, I think. Since he's doing this I figured I should at least match it.

$100 reward - and if we actually get hold of the dirtbag... well....

> Everyone - I am pledging $50 to a fund to get Chris' (Kelvin's son) car

> back. The reward will be for the *intact* recovery of the car. It has

> been seen driving around, and I just don't want to encourage the knuckle

> head who stole it from torching it and then having a friend claim the

> reward.

>

> In the event that two or more "teams" lead to the recovery the reward

> will be split. Finial judgement is up to the Dietz's.

>

> If you see the car, follow at a distance and call 911. Do not attempt to

> chase which could cause an accident. Remember the idea is to recover the

> car intact.

>

> Steve Joseph

> Doing the only thing I can do from here in NY

• Like 2

>Kill switches should be used in conjunction with a relay so that they disable multiple functions, that way butt fu** dope heads cant just run a lead wire to your coil, starter or whatever.

You can bet I'll be looking for a better way. It's not quite so dangerous to own a 510 here in Eugene. Just sorta figured I had Chris covered with the kill switch that was there.

>I hope they're shot dead on the street and buried in a shallow grave.... worthless piece of sh** ... then you get to collect money from their family for any damage done to your car .... Ya Ya Ya I know its extreme but do you know anyone that would steal a car if those were the consequences? I didnt think so.

I'm not a violent man but I have to agree. And I hope someone would be there to stop me.

My 46¢

Kelvin

• Like 1

Yea, not the biggest fan of SE Portland. Ill keep my eyes open.

I dont like kill switches that kill the starter. when hotwired properly, the first thing I would think is, why is the car not turning over? But if the car turns over and wont start, well there is all sorts of reasons. But I guess it would be good with other disables.

Someone tried to steal my car from the PO. Car was set up that even on the warmest day of the summer you needed the choke. Thieves didnt know about the choke. They killed the battery trying to get it to start.

If there was a kill switch that was enabled at the time of stealing, I would consider reviewing if you had any shady people around the last time you started your 510? Perhaps some douchebaggery friends of a friend that just happened to be there. Might well be someone you know. Or just a tweaker who got lucky and happened to watch you root around for a kill switch at the local Burger King. Just sayin'

Sooo.... First off, I will pledge some funds to the reward and throw in a hefty beating to the dude's smug little face.

With this reward idea being tossed around... Do we publicize it? On Craigslist/Facebook/whatever?

Or put up a Craigslist ad asking everyone who reads it to just walk outside, look right, look left, and see what they see?

Do we have a canvassing party with actual searching on a grid and beers after?

Is that dude from Canby with the taser still around to instill some fear in this guy?

Anyways:

We went to the apartment complex today to get video footage of the whole thing. In a best-case scenario, we'll see the guy and something will click (why can't life be like Law & Order!). At a minimum, we might be able to see what exactly went down with overriding the kill switch, etc. Might be useful for research and development purposes.

For what it's worth, from the way it sounded, he didn't suddenly figure out that there was a kill switch in there and start the car normally (i.e., the noise was continuous, and out of nowhere, he was suddenly able to speed off). The idle was very high, extremely loud, and the alternator went nuts right before he got it moving (wasn't before, else I would have woken up sooner). It sounded as though he was trying to start it, failing due to the kill switch, and then got lucky somehow...

Been quite on this, as I'm sure many others have been, I've been keeping my eyes out for you though! Sucks major Donkey Kong for you.

Can you post any specifics, w/ pics, of your car? Such as parts and what not. I'm guessing it will chopped up.

So far I haven't seen any new parts listed on CL, from Oregon to Canada. I check CL like a Muslim praying to Alah!

>Can you post any specifics, w/ pics, of your car? Such as parts and what not. I'm guessing it will chopped up.

5th post of the thread...

Chris' 510 was stolen from his apartment parking lot early this morning. Someone figured they needed it more than he did, I guess.

Dull Ivory paint.

Locked Yakima Racks that did have a bike rail on them (probably gone by now)

Door frame mounted mirrors.

Gray Toyota seats.

Oregon License plate: NET 291

http://datsun510.com...ck_Frames_2.jpg

http://datsun510.com...php?photo=23891

http://datsun510.com...php?photo=24494

Nothing particularly special but a collection of parts and much time to bring a car back that was headed to the Junkyard.

Yeah I saw that stuff... Guess I was thinking maybe the motor or interior had something that would distinguish from the rest.

Tired 1800 with a Weber. Has a stereo, of course.

There really isn't anything special about the car. Just a nice collection of decent parts.

Chris, the following isn't directed only at you. It's directed at all owners who need this reminder. Hopefully it can save some grief. Believe me, I know what it's like to come out in the morning to jump in your Datsun and the space is empty. It's like a kick in the nuts..... worse, that pain goes away.

Install a kill switch or a reliable way to disable your ride!!!!

Do not expect others to respect your property. It's up to you to look after your property by being pro-active. You've invested time and money and effort in your ride so spend 0.001% more on a kill switch. Do not expect help from the police, by then it's too late.

I have a buddy who took an 8-plug MOLEX connector from a power supply and used it to work as a "cut" in his wiring harness to his ECU. He made sure to criss-cross the order and use the same color wire (except for color tags a little further up to tell HIM which wire is which) for the harness extension. The plug goes inside the ashtray (non smoking car) and he removes the plug when he wants to secure the car.

Came out one day and found the door jimmied open, the socket yanked out, wires cut twisted together a bunch of ways, but they shorted a bunch of things and blew the inline fuses in his harness extension and left the car there. The important thing was the fuses, same color criss crossed wire, and using a part of the harness not easily accessible (he'd had to remove part of the dash to get to where he wanted.)

He got the idea from some company that does the same thing but uses like 16 or 30 pin bulkhead connectors as the socket/plug.

Hi everyone!

Just a friendly reminder to keep an eye out for the white 510. The car's still not back.

The gas should be quite low by now if they're driving and the tags are expired as of June 30. Yellow plates, NET 291, white car.

The radiator also tends to always read hot, so perhaps (if the dude intends to keep the car) it might be stashed at a radiator-servicing type place.

We're hoping that with the increased police presence that comes with July 4th, somebody will see it soon.

Thanks for your support, and keep those eyes peeled!

Time for me to buy some more ammo, I've got to much time, energy, blood, sweat, tears, years and emotion socked away in my build for it to be stolen. Besides the guy that stole this car is a douchebag, ... no one will miss him if we find him first.

Can you tell I'm a proponent of street justice, criminals have guns,... why can't we?

Yeah, I've got this pretty awesome wooden nightstick that I need to try out on somebody's face. Also, some pepper spray that needs broken in.

I've been tooling around SE Portland for the past few days searching. Amazing how many white 210s, Volvos, and 2002s there are with bike racks on top. Gah!

Texas made it legal to have a loaded gun in your car without any license a while back. Car jacking is no longer an issue. I think that should be a plus one.

Ive been following this thread religiously waiting for Ratsun to find this car. Best of luck man. I'd be a ball of angry. Props for keeping it together under the worst circumstances!

• Like 1