Stolen (found) Car Portland, Oregon

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Killswitch was installed and enabled. Thats what woke us up.

The same wiring I've used for 30+ years and that has foiled people in the past. I can't figure out how they could possibly have gotten the car going, honestly. You can bet if we get it back that I'm going to figure it out.

And no mention made of the kill switch because we really don't want anyone knowing out it. Datzenmike is right, of course. Running around in a decent 510 without a kill switch is foolish. But everyone knows that so they're going to look for it right away. Hiding it is another thing. And when you hide it well and it still doesn't work?! Add another one, dammit.

If they catch these douchbags I would hope they give us names. I have dozens of ways of getting even that don't leave a mark. You know they won't spend much time in jail...

Eyes are peeled here in Grants Pass. Not a dime rolls through without somebody letting me know about it one way or another.

Question is, if I see it - since we are in a budget crisis we don't exactly have a lot of law enforcement outside city limits. She rolls through, I'll know where it goes. Tank is always full.

Have a detailed parts list for us to watch out for in the event of the unthinkable?

Kill switches can be bypassed. If it's simply something that cuts the ignition, they can run an alligator clip ended wire from the battery to the coil (+) terminal and drive all day. Might eventually fry the points if it had 'em, but it'll run long enough.

Another trick they've used is if they can't get power to the ignition switch, just plug something into the cigarette lighter and use that to hotwire the ignition pin. Or they find the kill switch, it's not that hard if it's going to the ignition system. Not many places to have cut. Find the cut, and even if the switch is hidden and unfindable just cut the leads and twist them together. It's a pain fixing the wiring once someone hotwired like that.

Typically, someone who steals a Datsun KNOWS Datsuns and knows exactly what to do. No use trying to figure it out.

A license plate number might help. Not all thieves think that far ahead to swap the plate. "You don't have to be smart to be a thief."

Dull Ivory paint.

Locked Yakima Racks that did have a bike rail on them (probably gone by now)

Door frame mounted mirrors.

Gray Toyota seats.

Oregon License plate: NET 291

http://datsun510.com...ck_Frames_2.jpg

http://datsun510.com...php?photo=23891

http://datsun510.com...php?photo=24494

Bastards, they better hope i dont see them, ill keep right up with them and chase their ass's down.

....until 7pm ... :yawn:

:rofl:

yeah chris this sucks i know its too late now but there are gps devices you can attach to your car to help with finding it, and WHEN yo get it back think about getting one. because chances are if they stole it once to ride around for dope or whatever, they can and prob. will try again

but good luck and best of wishes for the dime and your peace of mind.. :crying:

i just really don't see how stealing a datsun of all cars out there is worth it.. I realize they might be easier to steal but they are harder to sell. such a niche car.

if i caught someone trying to steal my car the police would be the least of their worries.. over what? 3 grand (maybe) street value? and would take so long to flip and everyone knows everyone.

I will keep an eye out in the downtown coove area, but doubt they will make it out my way.

How much gas was in it? Just wondering when they are going to abandon it as I don't think they'd go through the trouble of breaking the gas door to fill it. I am seriously hoping it was meth heads looking for free transportation that stole it which would make the odds of finding it much greater than someone who intentionally sought it out to steal because of what it is.

The last thing you should try to do is apply logic to this. People steal for

drugs...................... self explanatory

gain........................ sell or part out

entertainment.......... for fun or peer pressure... joy ride

convenience............ it's there, easy to steal, not much chance of being caught

revenge................... to piss someone off

striking out............... they have nothing and know themselves to be losers and you have something beautiful you worked hard to get. Stealing is a fuck you to the whole world.

....until 7pm ... :yawn:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

still hoping to see this thing back in the owners hands. hopefully nothing is to "disturbed" on the car when it is returned to the owner