Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, paradime said:

So by reading an article, cherry picking similar stories, and distorting facts to support your perception, it appears that's all you need to pass judgement and convict the alleged killer. You project feeling blamed when I point out the futility in holding "POS liberal prosecutors/politicians" responsible for causing Christina Spicuzza's death. And you guys believe my point about the constitution is defending criminals, and not you and yours? Granted, when you guys are venting my propensity for offering an objective perspective has been... let's just say, wildly unpopular. It's not difficult to understand that any law taking freedom from "others" also takes freedom from you and yours.

Here are some things I'm considering; 

Although Crew lost his 2nd amendment rights "due to serious offenses he committed as a juvenile", he was on bail for illegal possession and transfer of firearms back in Sept 2020, not for using them to commit a violent crime as an adult.

We know Crew held Christine at gunpoint (with an unspecified caliber handgun) and demanded to be taken to his destination. When Calvin through the dashcam out in the first 1/10 mile, we have no idea what actually happened; whether Crew acted alone, or if Mullen took Chritina to the wooded area and shot her in the back of the head with a shotgun.

Anecdotal evidence aside, there is zero data to support the theory that prisoners serving their full sentence keeps the public safer. Quite the contrary, data research study has documented that longer sentencing/incarceration actually promotes criminality. 

Without knowing this sward wielding cyclist's mental history, or if there were any charges/convictions of a violent nature, siting 22 or 33 arrests is an arbitrary figure at best.

From my perspective, FUCK short sighted narrow minded politicians for putting the public in harm by underfunding the mental health system. Homeless population, county drug rehab programs, and the criminal system are filled with mentally ill people. 

Jesus fucking Christ.With this mindset no wonder we have these problems.Stop making excuses for this shit because you're one of those voters that got us here.

Edited by john510
  • Like 3

Geez Louise, the point I was trying to make was that they shouldn't need a tool to figure out if he might be violent. He stabbed (new update at arraignment) 13 people, they decided to hold him until trial.

Yes, we all have rights but if you continually piss on your rights then maybe you are not deserving of them.

IMHO

• Like 3

As for finishing your time in lock up rather than early release, that time is the time the rest of society is safe from you.

13 hours ago, paradime said:

Although Crew lost his 2nd amendment rights "due to serious offenses he committed as a juvenile", he was on bail for illegal possession and transfer of firearms back in Sept 2020, not for using them to commit a violent crime as an adult.

Christ on a bicycle read this. Gun running is sort of alright because he didn't use them to commit a violent crime?? What hands do you suppose those firearms would have ended up in??? and for what purpose would they be used??

• Like 2
9 hours ago, KELMO said:

Geez Louise, the point I was trying to make was that they shouldn't need a tool to figure out if he might be violent. He stabbed (new update at arraignment) 13 people, they decided to hold him until trial.

Yes, we all have rights but if you continually piss on your rights then maybe you are not deserving of them.

IMHO

Well just give them one more chance,or four or five.Then maybe they'll become model citizens.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 2/22/2022 at 5:02 AM, john510 said:

Jesus fucking Christ.With this mindset no wonder we have these problems.Stop making excuses for this shit because you're one of those voters that got us here.

On 2/22/2022 at 6:45 AM, datzenmike said:

As for finishing your time in lock up rather than early release, that time is the time the rest of society is safe from you.

Christ on a bicycle read this. Gun running is sort of alright because he didn't use them to commit a violent crime?? What hands do you suppose those firearms would have ended up in??? and for what purpose would they be used??

Come on guys, You're fixated on conviction and sidestepping the point. 

I'm not arguing this pea brain criminal's guilt or ignorant; nor defending short sighted "POS liberal judges/politicians" who fumble the ball. In a perfect world Crew's firearm charges would have been adjudicated 2 years ago, and he'd be behind bars... Now you can twist my words and accuse me of being a gun control liberal. LMFHO

From a legal/constatutional perspective, I'm offering objective analysis based on what WE KNOW, and don't know about this case, NOTHING MORE. What you read into it is yours.

Here's my analysis: If he had been properly and timely convicted while a juvenile (perhaps tried as an adult) and again as an adult this might have been avoided. Likely would have been avoided. This is a well documented criminal, waving plenty of red flags and suckering the complacent legal system. So this has now played out to it's inevitable end, dragged out till the legal system has no choice but to deal with it now, (hopefully permanently) when they could have dealt with it years ago. His 'rights' were never in jeopardy but society's was. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

• Like 2
On 2/16/2022 at 10:47 AM, Logical1 said:

Seen on South Whidbey Island, a notoriously liberal place!

DidThat.jpg

Honestly I think fuel has gone up the least amount since 4 years ago, the problem being is we all remember the low a year ago.  Everything else is nuts.  Don't even go to HD to buy a 2x4 if you think gas being 1 dollar more then the pre covid price is crazy.  The relays I use for the can/am boards were less then 3 bucks 4 years ago.  Now they are 24 dollars.....  The world has gone mad.  In conclusions when I see that sticker I think man Biden is a chump but he did keep fuel prices down relative to everything else.