O boy I'm close!!!
Got the RWD trans almost modified. Machined the 3/8" thickness of the adapter off the bell. I think it would have worked without it but I wanted maximum spline engagement on the clutch disk. I need to mount a slave cylinder and it's done! My disk came in today too! I "machined" the flywheel to, with a sharpening stone. It's ready for some clutch kicks.
Used a RWD exhaust manifold I got from my old buddy Spreadburry. He and some other pointed out the DE exhaust manifold doesn't line up with the VE exhaust ports. To me it looked close enough. Maybe not for the race engines he builds but it's good enough for my back yard builds.
Added the water return line like the S14/15
Gotta mod the drain.
Waist gate didn't work in the RWD layout. So I built a sweetgoogamoo new bracket.
Next I had to sort out the water lines. Which looked way harder than it ended up being. I just made a bracket to hold the thermostat housing and welded up some sort of manifold. The factory metal is not easy to tig weld. Luke told me to use stainless filler rod. It did help, actually a lot!!!
Here is the factory location on the back of the head.
So many hoses!!
Still looks like a mess.
Now it's looking close!!!
It's funny because at the beginning it looked like such a mess compared to a S chassis SR. Now it looks so much cleaner!!! Just those 2 170 degree hoses and the oil cooler hoses.