Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/10/2022 at 5:59 PM, john510 said:

I don't know where they came up with 6% and now 7.5%.I paid 20 bucks for a can of bondo yesterday,a quart.Six months ago it was 9 bucks.There are so many examples of materials i buy for work that are doubled in price from a year ago.

It's a petroleum product. All kinds of shit goes up when oil goes up. It won't go back down when oil drops. We will still continue to buy it. Some guy complained to me in the liquor store about the price of rum. I said they know we aren't going to quit drinking it. Not until shit starts collecting dust on the shelves will the prices stabilize.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bottomwatcher said:

It's a petroleum product. All kinds of shit goes up when oil goes up. It won't go back down when oil drops. We will still continue to buy it. Some guy complained to me in the liquor store about the price of rum. I said they know we aren't going to quit drinking it. Not until shit starts collecting dust on the shelves will the prices stabilize.

I've been buying Bondo for over 30 years.The price has always been pretty stable until recently.Sure its gone up slowly from 30 years ago but not at a number that you would even recognize.

• Like 1
On 2/10/2022 at 2:59 PM, john510 said:

I don't know where they came up with 6% and now 7.5%.I paid 20 bucks for a can of bondo yesterday,a quart.Six months ago it was 9 bucks.There are so many examples of materials i buy for work that are doubled in price from a year ago.

I used to buy lacquer thinner for about $8-$9 bucks a gallon.  I haven't bought it in a while, but IIRC, it was around $21

I quit smoking when cigarettes hit $1.85 per pack....

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Duncan said:

I used to buy lacquer thinner for about $8-$9 bucks a gallon.  I haven't bought it in a while, but IIRC, it was around $21

I quit smoking when cigarettes hit $1.85 per pack....

I don't smoke so when were they $1.85 per pack? Voodoo Ranger IPA has been 17.99 a 12 pack for the last 3 years. I guess they are sticking to a price point. I held off on building a pole barn last year because of the sky high price of wood. Wood dropped but is going back up. I want my pole barn so I guess I will bend over and pay it, contributing to the supply and demand issues. Can't take it with you so I am looking forward to having a pole barn. Lots of folks out there doing the same thing. Look at housing prices.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

I don't smoke so when were they $1.85 per pack? Voodoo Ranger IPA has been 17.99 a 12 pack for the last 3 years. I guess they are sticking to a price point. I held off on building a pole barn last year because of the sky high price of wood. Wood dropped but is going back up. I want my pole barn so I guess I will bend over and pay it, contributing to the supply and demand issues. Can't take it with you so I am looking forward to having a pole barn. Lots of folks out there doing the same thing. Look at housing prices.

I quit smoking cigarettes in 98,they were .98 cents a pack,quit drinking alcohol in 91,and weed in 2016. Not legal here in Georgia.Only they left to do is sex,won't quit that...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
On 2/9/2022 at 8:02 PM, datzenmike said:

Fuck that shit. Next year a whole new generation of druggies and the year after that and that. Break the cycle... make it so only the worst fucks want to be around it. Cut off the supply. Caught importing drugs into country, caught selling drugs, carrying drugs, second offense is a capitol offense, death penalty. No appeals, no jail time. 

Youre Done Finish GIF - Youre Done Finish Terminate - Discover & Share GIFs

Who doesn't know someone or have a family member who has died of lung cancer? Timothy McVeigh could have hurt the gov. more and been a hero by driving up to the Phillip Morris head office.

You don't really believe that. Canada still believes in some individual freedom, due process, and the rule of law. There are communist countries and dictatorships that do not and the first drug offense can be a capital offense. Yet, even stripping away, what in the West are "fundamental rights", illegal drugs remain. I do not know if my plan would succeed, I am counting on a dramatic increase in drug related death and termination of parental rights, maybe even forced sterilization, to curb the junkie problem. After the initial increase, a slow but continued drop, until a balance is reached.  My plan would be a really tough sell to the people of the United States, if spelled out, but if focus for the liberals was kept on clean needles, some government sponsored rehab and focus for the conservatives was kept on the hard ceiling for provided care and the predicted lack of recidivism (incorporating dead junkies and sterilized junkies as non contributing and thereby not recidivists) It might slip into law  (vigilantly scanning for windborne porcine)

Individual freedom is a bitch, but when it is gone life is without meaning. I believe your reply is frustration, because individuals, organizations,religions, and corporations flaunt their freedom and autonomy with one hand, while demanding money from socialized coffers with the other. Frosting on this cake is televised whining of difficulties of the wealthy. Then again, I keep putting money into old cars. that still don't run....and like it

• Like 1