Ratsun is Closing Down... ?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

imagejpeg_2.jpg

I don't know about you guys but I hated how even before it broke down it loaded super slow. If we could upgrade to a dedicated server that should solve the problem. If it's still not enough we can upgrade to a fancier dedicated server, those get spendy though. I would rather have Ratsun slow and no advertising than have it look like the Nicco club forum or basically any other sight out there. I HATE advertising!!!!!!!!!

[/color][/font]

hmm..... didnt know ratsun has problems like that. i will send monies asap.

i like nicco for what it stands for but way too many adds. i hate add's within a thread too. i hate a saturation of add's period on a forum when it hinders the functionality of the actual forum. i will now step off the soapbox.

thank you for what you do here on Ratsun. it is a great forum.[/font]

Till some knucklehead doesn`t ship item, and Icehouse`s paypal account gets locked because of dispute , that he can`t do anything about.

Anonymous donations ... nobody's singled out as " less than " cuz they don't have a few bucks to spare.. :)

Ya maybe your right. I just thought it would be cool to power this website with datsun parts.

I just sent $50.00 to help the cause. :D (does that earn me a new title?) I was having some serious withdrawls :hyper: from having no Ratsun access. Come on guys, let's keep the money coming in and save our favorite site. We don't wanna all be forced to go to the 510Realm or something do we? I thought not, open up those wallets. :P

You know, I REALLY dislike multiple ads on forums. I just browsed Nicoclub, not a fan of the layout. I get enough ads on tv. I think we just need to pony up the dough and keep the site paid for through regular contributors.

When a site costs $1700 a month JUST to stay up and running, the ads are a necessity... but thx for the feedback. :)

After living through having having all my posts disappear when ODPL went away...

Daniel, none of your posts were lost, I spent over a grand salvaging that site, which was about to go away completely without intervention.

Kinda sad that I got shat on for my efforts.

Here's every one of your posts. http://forums.nicoclub.com/search.php?author_id=110482&sr=posts , or you can find them via www.datsuntrucks.com

Good work, Ice & Thomas, getting the site back online. :)

So has anyone had a problem sending moneys??? Pay pal keeps telling me I don't have a valid address when I try to send.

I have some money in my pay pal that I've never used. People form here have sent it too my acct. but I've never needed it so I want to give it back to Ratsun..

So has anyone had a problem sending moneys??? Pay pal keeps telling me I don't have a valid address when I try to send.

I have some money in my pay pal that I've never used. People form here have sent it too my acct. but I've never needed it so I want to give it back to Ratsun..

Are you adding / including the period at the end of his address ( if copy paste-ing )

I just sent 20.00, 3 days of no ratsun sucked.I thought my computer was messed up.Now how about something more than hall monitor status ? i have learned a lot from this site and it would be a bad thing if it disappeared.Thanks to those who keep it going.

$20 from down under on it's way as soon as I get PayPal sorted.

Only been on the site for a short while but have definitely got more than $20 worth of value already.

I'd be happy to pay a (nominal) annual subscription fee if it keeps the site alive.

Cheers

Jason