Ratsun is Closing Down... ?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Icehouse's first post...

he mentioned the idea of a Washington Datsun show.

May I suggest central Washington?

Yakima? Tri-Cities?

Makes it easier for Spokane/Boise guys to get there.

And still close enough for Portland/Seattle to have a fun drive east.

I will also volunteer my services to help put something on.

Keep that in mind, Jeff.

Tri Cities would be great. They have that awesome park right on the river. It even has a BMX/skate park in the park, so it could be a Ratsun BMX meet at the same time, lol.

(will be donating soon.)

Just Donated. Ratsun has been an incredible help in my automotive education. Unlike most forums, Ratsun has a high amount of helpful, highly knowledgeable people who share a true passion for cars, not for internet-flame-fame. Lets keep it alive. Thanks Ratsun.

• Like 1

With the AUctions and donations, it should be near 2k... I'm sure the gods of Ratsun are happy for now until the plan is hatched to improve things.... I like the Idea of a biweekly or monthly auction to fund ratsun and what dime dave is doing...

Merlin

shit my pay pal is emtpy someone buy my L20 and i will donate the proceeds...l 20 ... 200.00 see my forsale thread..i was gonna pt it towards wheels but with out ratsun whts good are wheels...

edit.... this will be great cause anyone who low balls me will low ball all of ratsun so i should get what i am askin... er ratsun will get what i am asking...

wouldnt that be a phd in datsun related sacks....

In medicine and biology, scatology or coprology is the study of feces.

Scatological studies allow one to determine a wide range of biological information about a creature, including its diet (and thus where it has been), healthiness, and diseases such as tapeworms. The word derives from the Greek σκώρ (genitive σκaτός, modern σκaτό, pl. σκaτά) meaning "feces".

A comprehensive study of scatology was documented by John Gregory Bourke under the title Scatalogic Rites of All Nations (1891). An abbreviated version of the work (with a foreword by Sigmund Freud), was published as The Portable Scatalog in 1994.[1]

We have surpassed our goal! Which is rad!!! Now I'm going to make an account or prepay a few years in advance which would be rad!!!!

We have such a rad community. It was great that everyone came together to make this happen :) Hopefully it runs smoothly for a little while at least this time. We don't want to have to update the software again. We all know how you guys feel about that!

• Like 1

What if everyone put in $10 a year. Well I guess those that use the site. If a hundred members did that, that would be $1000. And $10 a year sounds pretty doable to me. Not mandated at all, but if you like the service, the forum, the people, pay to keep it afloat.

We have almost 12K members (-2 or 3 banned members) of which many have never posted or are nomads who asked and got their answers and fixed their Datsun and moved on. So if you only count members that have posted in the last 6 months, how many would that be. How about the last 3 months? Could we call these 'active posters'? What about active 'non posters' that mine Ratsun for info on their projects? Both would likely not mind donating or paying something toward upkeep and upgrades. So how many are there? 1,000??? 2,000?? 5,000?..... I would bet it's a lot less than we think.... say 500 really active or participating members, hardcore if you will, who love the site and the other members here. Even just 500 members @ $10 each is $5K per year... the mind boggles. Likely voluntary donations would cover everything. I could be wrong in my estimate either way and still there appears to be plenty to go around.

What a great place we have here.