Ratsun is Closing Down... ?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can download a page at a time...

Near the bottom of the page, about who is reading, you will see the twitter, google, digg, reddit.... buttons, the last one before the facebook like is download. Only downloads the page.

Now if only we could change our number of posts per page like before.

It was the owner of NicoClub. Talk to him, he seems to want to help. Greg Childs is his name.

We dont know what it means to have him host. It does not mean that that we would have to use his forum software. We could still use IPboard (and its a pain to switch software, let alone upgrade). Hosting is simply where the forum exists.

Although that might help I don't want to count on anyone else to keep Ratsun going. No mater what it will stay up and it will be around. We've just hit our spending limit and due to the added members/traffic we don't pay enough to keep the Ratsun sight speedy. We spend around 500$ a year now on Ratsun and that's not including the last year when we changed forum software twice in one year.... Or the time we put into in, which is mainly Thom's department. You wouldn't believe how long it takes to redo the banner at the top...... it would be cool if at least a beer and burger got paid for those nights he's working on it. At a minimum we need 750$ according to our usage if we want it to be error free and speedy.

I don't know about you guys but I hated how even before it broke down it loaded super slow. If we could upgrade to a dedicated server that should solve the problem. If it's still not enough we can upgrade to a fancier dedicated server, those get spendy though. I would rather have Ratsun slow and no advertising than have it look like the Nicco club forum or basically any other sight out there. I HATE advertising!!!!!!!!!

So Thomas and I talked about our goal and what we are shooting for. Really any help would be great! 750 would pay of the next year forum wise anything over that would go towards added features and after that we want to start a fund for a Washington Datsun show. Which since Bleach always puts on POD we could make it an even bigger event. Now I'm dreaming. Lets just shoot for 750 and see what happens :) Right now we are at 149!!!! Yeah!!!!

You guys rock!

Is there a snail mail address we can send some money to?

PM me and I will send it to you or anyone else who wants it.

• Like 1

First the dog takes a piss on the laptop, and then Ratsun goes dead. Thats twice in one week. for me. The GF will be waking up the Paypal as soon as I see her.

You can't put a price on the wealth of knowlendge around here.

• Like 1

Just sent my donation .. Come on guys and gals , weve been enjoying a wealth of information , entertainment , and a great outlet to buy and sell cars and parts for free . Skip going to the movies this weekend ( thats over in 2 hrs ) and spend the money here ...

I get paid next week, I'll throw down a couple hundred dollars for you guys.

And if it helps, I own a few servers, I'm not sure what your bandwidth reqs

are, but their all dedicated LAMP stacks (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, PHP 5.3, MySQL

Server 5.5.25) with load balancing (round robin).

Or if it helps, I'm the Sr Server-side Developer for my company [http://www.bkwld.com],

and can pony up my skills in the free time (I program pretty much everything from PHP/RoR

on back to shell scripting, and server development).

tl;dr

Mods/Admins/Owners get in touch if you need a hand with anything, I'd be happy

to help. -Jd

• Like 1

I had an idea.( it happens now and then) Put a sticky for sale thread up with icehouses paypal. When you find a knob, switch, hubcap, headbolts etc, post it up and pay the shipping. Clean the garage to pool money. An online donation station.

• Like 1

I had an idea.( it happens now and then) Put a sticky for sale thread up with icehouses paypal. When you find a knob, switch, hubcap, headbolts etc, post it up and pay the the shipping. Clean the garage to pool money. An online donation station.

Till some knucklehead doesn`t ship item, and Icehouse`s paypal account gets locked because of dispute , that he can`t do anything about.

Anonymous donations ... nobody's singled out as " less than " cuz they don't have a few bucks to spare.. :)