Ratsun is Closing Down... ?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... moving to a more reliable host. I use Blue Host for all my personal websites and refer all my clients there. Zero issues and have never had a website go down outside of notified periods which have never lasted more than a few minutes.

I know all the mods are working on it, but they dont make any of these decisions. Theres the man behind the curtain whos not actually an avid poster and seems to be pretty busy. It just takes time to implement some of the needed things for the site when youre not the one actually pushing the buttons. Id just wait it out and Im sure it will get taken care of.

Keep it up guys, youre doing what you can.

I know all the mods are working on it, but they dont make any of these decisions. Theres the man behind the curtain whos not actually an avid poster and seems to be pretty busy. It just takes time to implement some of the needed things for the site when youre not the one actually pushing the buttons. Id just wait it out and Im sure it will get taken care of.

theres a lot of communication online and offline.

gotta remember that because some things arnt seen doesnt mean there not there.

decisions/recommendations/ect are made amongst the staff as a whole and then implemented by Thomas,

because thats his department. weve all got your jobs....

Guest 510kamikazifreak

But I've been getting pages that say Ratsun is disabled or not working.

Clear history, or use explorer to fix. Very annoying.

Any fix to that?

That only happens (usually) 11:15 daily, server maintenance .

I have not been on here a lot lately, but I have noticed no problems.

Maybe because I an running Ubuntu Linux, and Firefox browser?

The forum cleaning up at 11:15 should still affect you...

It def did for me, I was running 11.40? or 10? idk..

Just to clear up a little confusion, we have been using reCAPTCHA in conjunction with email validation for quite a while now. We're also using a very reliable host now. We switched from DreamHost to Media Temple's dedicated virtual server. The errors you see might be the server backing up; I set it to back up early in the morning, but it might be using EST rather than PST. :)

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Just to clear up a little confusion, we have been using reCAPTCHA in conjunction with email validation for quite a while now. We're also using a very reliable host now. We switched from DreamHost to Media Temple's dedicated virtual server. The errors you see might be the server backing up; I set it to back up early in the morning, but it might be using EST rather than PST. :)

:thumbup:

But it seems email validation isnt enough in this case,The 510Realm had this issue(spam) and had to do a mod approved registration.

The time out is very minimal and predictable. :sneaky: