93 Eclipse gs Widebody

Not yet, all my cash has been going towards gas and food for the family, my dad got laid off a month ago and hasnt gotten a job yet so ive been having to pickup the slack and most of my money for the car has been used for other things.

• Like 1
  • Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I NEED UPDATES! last pic on this thing was like 5 pages ago.

i understand where this fellow is comin from OVERALL (not completely but overall), and we should not be so cruel about how little he may know in certain areas. he has admitted to most of his faults.

I mean, come on guys? how would you feel if someone looked at your dime, or 521 or 610 or S30 and said to you, "what you have done is shit, and it makes no sense to anyone!" how would that make you feel? most likely you would get super defensive, ESPECIALLY if you spent as long as he has on his Eclipse.

Now i do understand he isn't the smartest, nor does he listen to all of our suggestions, but remember you were all in his shoes aswell, and did you listen? most likely not. just cut the guy a little slack for all the effort. and if he does it wrong because he didn't listen, it's his own damn fault and we'll see it in the scrap yard in a few years where some ricer boy will pick it up and think he has the coolest car in little Tijuana. just let him figure it out on his own.

I respect the guy for his effort. he has done more work on his EEEK-Lips than some of us have in 15 years. AND YES! i do know your all thinking as you read this post, "another dumb 17 year old tellin us right from wrong" and no i'm not sayin that at all. i'm just saying give him respect for his efforts

SYNCRO! GET ME MORE PICTARDS! I NEED MY DAILY DOSE OF DSM! (so i don't go buying an Starion and neglect my truck even more...)

2013-03-01_17-50-17_731_zpsa88cae64.jpg?

This is the hood frame, this is a shot from before some gussets were welded in, but it is basically done and maybe ways 5 lbs.

2013-03-01_17-50-26_901_zps6f2359e0.jpg?

A little work thats been done to the front bumper, on the stock eclipse the is a plastic shroud that is routed and attached to the car very badly, over the years that plastic had warped and even before then looked to be pretty much useless, a metal shroud has been made in place of the one out of plastic and will be molded onto the bumper and bolted to the car, it is in the pic in sitting in the bumper where it will be molded in, should look like it was meant to be there from the factory by the time its done. in between the tail lights on the stock eclipse are 2 black molded in plastic pieces, not sure what to call them exactly but they don't appear to do anything so I cut them out for more air flow through the radiator, everything your seeing is not the finished product. I intend on installing a screen  to keep bugs and other stuff from hitting my radiator. I'm assuming that tricks like these would be good for flow but would usually cause alot of air to build up in the engine bay, which is what the two scoops are about, all there supposed to be is air vents to let out some of that air. Intend on getting the hood molded onto the frame this week and hopefully have it done in another week or so. As soon as the hood is done and I have more gelcoat I will starting completing the fenders, work has still been done to those fenders but its slow going with the lack of gelcoat.

Yeah the fact that the eternal noob is even in here and ive seen him giving adivce to other gonna makes me laugh.
Rant

Watching you ruin a Perfectly good eclipse makes me laugh. I have watched this thread from day one. it made no sense to me but I held back on my comments. I have seen all these people who have expeirence with cars trying to give you ideas and constructive criticism and all you do is get butt hurt and say everyone is bashing on you and your car. Nobody gives a flying fuck if its a Dsm, fwd,rwd, or awd. What people care about Is that you learn something and sharpen your skills. I have a thread on how I destroyed a car, I wish I hadn't buy its to late. I look back in my thread and see everyone telling me what I had plan to do with my z was unpractical. And realized I was a inexperienced dumbass. I hope one day you'll look back in this thread and see your mistakes and fix them. So stop talking shit, start posting pics. And prove everyone wrong, if you can't do that scrap the car and buy a Honda so you can do useless mod on the car and for in 100% with the ricer crowd.

End of rant

Now prove us wrong or learn from others, the choice is yours