93 Eclipse gs Widebody

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well finally got some gelcoat in a few weeks ago, drivers side is coming along nicely, passenger needs quite a bit more work but its all getting done, just sand and fill, sand and fill. Ignore the hood currently on the car, it came off the POS laser we stripped down for parts, me and a friend were tossing around some idea's for headlights. going to be picking up my awd subrame this weekend from my painters, i've been trading him dsm's for paint jobs and at one some point I gave him an extra awd subrame that was originally intended for my car a number of years ago. Oh yeah Have a nice 6bolt 4g63t I'm planning on throwin in this thing, soon as I'm done making it pretty and have the awd and everthing sorted out. 6bolt has a 1g N/A TB, unknown aftermarket turbo mani, Bluetop injectors, Rebuilt head, lightweight flywheel, and I believe its got a T25 on it. Only problem I've had lately is sourcing a good awd 5speed trans, most I've seen around here need a rebuild, and one's that don't cost more then I could possibly afford at the moment.IMG_20131024_172957_103_zps202a4f39.jpg

I am wet sanding the car, THAT GAS JUG IS NOT THERE BECAUSE I DECIDED TO SET THE CAR ON FIRE!

• Like 1

Fenders are very dirty at the moment, been cold down here lately so the gelcoats been taking longer to dry, means I can sand of any dirt or grease that gets on it just yet or it'll gum up the sand paper, passenger side looks pretty bad at the moment but I haven't really been doing much work to that side. Decided to drop the turbo motor in it just to get a better idea of how close the wheels and tires are to the fenders. Still massive amounts of sanding to be done, among other things.

IMG_20131030_134158_156_zpsfcf3afdd.jpg

• Like 1

I will say, I mostly just come in here to see how ridiculous it was gonna get. But I like how the flares turned out, still not feeling the spoiler but I know the whole car isn't done. Will a heat gun help the Twarn(?) cure faster, I know it wouldn't be instant but I'm sure it would speed up the process.

Holy shit, sure a lot of hate. If you're not gonna help the dude, shut up and stay the fuck out of his way.

Comments like "unfollowed" and "im done with this" are stupid and totally unnecessary. Sure he might be in a rough spot, but saying shit like that aint helping. Either help or keep your negative comments to yourself, no need to bag on someone thats learning. We all make mistakes and we certainly dont learn by being told we're given up on. again, shut the fuck up. Nothing but bickering from all you pussies lately.  

• Like 4

Heat gun might speed things up but I haven't got one and I've figured out a way to get it to harden quicker anyway, also allows me to lay it on thicker so I don't have to brush on a million layers. Basically once the gelcoat has been sanded down the sanded gelcoat is similar to saw dust, once I've got this gelcoat dust I mix it into a batch of gelcoat to thicken up the liquid so its not so slick and grabs better, then simply had harder and apply. Seems to make the stuff dry quicker, put a coat on the car yesterday after noon and it was dry today before noon. Trying to work on this car one section at a time.

• Like 1

Heat gun might speed things up but I haven't got one and I've figured out a way to get it to harden quicker anyway, also allows me to lay it on thicker so I don't have to brush on a million layers. Basically once the gelcoat has been sanded down the sanded gelcoat is similar to saw dust, once I've got this gelcoat dust I mix it into a batch of gelcoat to thicken up the liquid so its not so slick and grabs better, then simply had harder and apply. Seems to make the stuff dry quicker, put a coat on the car yesterday after noon and it was dry today before noon. Trying to work on this car one section at a time.

that seems like an excellent fix, I wonder if the cured gel-coat dust will fuck up the chemical process in any way. I'm not a body man or well versed in chemistry.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright well I remember someone on here telling me to put the stock gsx or tsi style spoiler on the car instead of the whale tail, this was just to see how it would look, I'm sticking with my huge ass whale tale though.

IMG_20131104_153402_471_zps8d8a92c2.jpgIMG_20131104_153437_243_zps67312c8d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...