93 Eclipse gs Widebody

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

car came with motegi racing wheels, a fucked up egay 16g, and very little interior. Wiring on the entire car is butchered to hell and is only good enough to run the motor. Interior has been spray painted black in a ton of places badly, roof is dented, pop riveted, and screwed to hell, engine bay and everything in it was spray painted black as well with zero effort put into quality. Honest to god there is no way the same guy who fucked up this gsx built its motor. also no exhaust, and when I got it it had a fwd trans. Its awd once again, downpipe only, and minimal amount of wiring needed to run the car has been fixed. I may end up selling the shell this weekend with a wore out 6bolt and awd auto trans.

here's some pics of my DD cause I'm bored, its just a built ported 6bolt b/s eliminated and gm maf, was running 20lbs but I was breaking halfshafts, also snapped the timing tensioner shaft but thankfully didn't damage the head, sheared a couple motor mount bolts once, and grenaded a clutch and trans on seperate occasions too, so now its on stock wastegate pressure on a 16g/14b hybrid. Ended up trading that magnus and my MHI 16g turbo for the gsx, magnus was maybe $150 when I got it, and the 16g came with a bundle of parts I bought.10338574_547442058701433_160952998504832

10574274_588227991289506_64829984736216310550961_572962886149350_528932762296288

• 2 months later...

man I was ignorant when I started this thread, anyway, car is still progressing and is definetely gonna be awd turbo, by this I mean Ive literally already installed the drivetrain and parts. I blew the fwd trans on my blue tsi and said fuck it im done with fwd's, so I pulled the motor out and threw it in the widebody, havent finish re-mounting my fmic but I will soon, running solid poly engine mounts, strut tower bars (mostly for looks) and hopefully sometime soon airride. Will upload assembly pics of the motor soon, built the motor myself,

here's the list of things on it:

2g mani ported out like hell

egay 16g (works though)

curt brown ported head

hks 272/272 cams

2g nippon pistons

1g rods

balanced rotating assembly

mls gaskets

arp head studs

ported intake manifold

ACL rod and main bearings

gonna be running a 3in exhuast on it and 650cc injectors, wanna run 25lbs of boost. Have a 4bolt lsd sitting in the car now and is installed aside from a few welds on the mustache bar. also installed a short throw shifter. as far as the body goes im gonna be using modeling clay to finish smoothing everything out and Im just gonna use the current flares as a mold, one of them cracked in 2 places the other day because of that damn foam. the hood is going to be replaced with a stock style CF hood til I find time to finish the one I made. Will try and get pics of the awd conversion, engine install, and engine assembly up tomorrow. I know you guys love oics even of this ugly thing sorry sorry to disappoibt for the moment.

• Like 1

and that gsx from earlier is the worlds biggest pike of shit, I have literally never seen so much half ass assembly and bullshit on a motor or car. the cams, flywheel, and wheels were literally the only parts on it worth saving.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

So alots changed, after my last fwd got wrecked and the next one I got sold, I went out and started hunting awd's, ive now got 4 1g awd's and a vr4, one of the awd's was wrecked in the drivers side quarter panel and is serving as the donor for my widebody, The black cherry ia caged and ive got an hx40 for it and a built motor, the black car with the evo hood is my current daily and is running a 20g mhi turbo with a 38mm turbosmart wastegate and pte 680cc injectors, tuned for 20lbs til ive got a bigger fuel pump, setup for 91 and in tuning via dsm link. Its hard for me to update do to computer problems but in going to try and update this more regularly, Ive been rounding up a forged rotating assembly and other go fast goodies over the past year though.