93 Eclipse gs Widebody

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you going to do about the corner lights? With the widened fenders, the headlights wont fill all that gap...

Actually the corner lights fit fine, I could explain it but I"ll just get a photo of it later, the pic will make more sense.

• Like 1

Sometime this summer I'd say, if your talking about body work I'm stuck right now and can't make any more progress, need more gelcoat and can't afford to buy any  right now, in the mean time I have everything I need to make a set of louvers for the rear hatch and side glass, still not sure if I'm gonna use it on this car but definitely gonna finish making it. Also gonna work on trimming the invader hood to fit, Still not sure I'm gonna use it on the widebody yet either, and I've got everything I need to bond the dual scoop hood to its frame. thats about it, Hopefully by the time all thats done I'll have some gelcoat and can start getting all the low spots in the back taken car of.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am never narrowing a hood from another car to fit something else again, I had to do several things I didn't want to just to get the hood to fit. Number one this was cut out most of the inner structure, sure the hood still feels sound but I'm certain sometime soon I'm gonna have to make another hood frame for this thing. I

ll get a pic of the underside tomorrow. here's a large portion of the pieces I cut out. 2013-04-28_13-35-11_496_zps8933df73.jpg

I tried to cut it piece by piece but after 3 or 4 times of trying it that way eventually I f'd up and cut through the top side of the hood, there are now three 3 slics in the top of the hood, I'm not sure if I'm gonna even bother fixing them, the hood's likely to end up on my daily anyway.

doesnt clear the stock timing over, would of been better if I had just trimmed the drivers side til it fit, then it clear the timing cover no problem, but then it would be of center and I need my symmetry.

• 2 weeks later...