93 Eclipse gs Widebody

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite all the talk in your thread,, I check in on this thread more than any in project datto ... . we all want to see what happens next

Don't let that spray foam absorb water ... . is the tworn fabric like fiberglass with resin???

yeah pretty much, its essentially kevlar. Right now I've been concentrating mostly on the hood, did get the radius for the wheel wells  cut though, had to bring the hood hood inside because its too cold, gelcoat was talking way to long to harden. right now I'm at the point on the fender where all I need to do is gelcoat and sand but the issue is the the gelcoat isn't gonna harden because its so cold, though about bringing a heater down there but thats a huge electric bill.

Im surprised youve never seen one... there are many DSM guys in Florida. It seemed like half the members on my last DSM forum were all Florida guys. And yes, 5. Maybe I was in the right spot at the right time, but I found them everywhere I looked. Granted Ive found more normal ones than Cyclone over the years, but they arent as rare as youre thinking. Im sure its just a regional thing like people in the Rust Belt and the East Coast barely see Datsuns sometimes.

Mitsu makes some nice stock pieces. A cheap and easy upgrade for 4g63 engines is using a Cyclone (I remove all the butterfly stuff) and an Evo3 cast exhaust manifold. Those two things will do wonders on a mildly build block. Ive known some people to put out good numbers on those two items.

• 2 weeks later...
Man that is a lot of foam.

I envy your devotion and hard work. And I respect the fact that you've continued to share your diehard 16yo ricer project while enduring several pages of being berated by the biggest assholes on Ratsun

I hope to one day see pictures of this car complete and drive-able. 

But if you decide one day to light it on fire, that would be cool too.

were you talking about anyone in general..... lol

ya im an asshole sometimes. but its all i n the name of fun and games and making other ppl cry for my amusement...

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Its getting there alot of time has been devoted to the hood lately. I need to order more gelcoat for the fenders and quarter panels, most of it got used on the hood. Ill snap a couple of pis of the hood tomorrow. Also about to start tearing into the motor to get her runnning pretty soon. Finally got my friend to get rid of his crx, got him a turbo laser rs fwd thats had a lot of work poured into it but was in a wreck, pretty much getting it road worthy again. Also about to put up a build thread for my maroon eclipse, just finished the engine swap on it so figured i should start one.

Last night I was horsing around with some friend's at a local storage yard with my maroon eclipse and smacked the ass into a fence. The car actually wasn't really damaged at all aside from a small dent I popped out minutes later and found out my rubber exhaust hanger broke. Went by the afternoon to look at the fence and it wasn't damaged at all, atleast not that me or anyone could tell. So I started driving around to exit the yard and then all of a sudden I hear someone yell "HEY ASSHOLE" and I took off just cause I was freaked out,

It's called trespassing and maybe property damage. Put yourself in the owner's place. Kids come onto your property with cars drifting and tearing up the place and smacked the fence. Come on. You took off because you felt guilty. You, drove your car into the wall and damaged it just like the fence.

couldn't get pics of the mold, its too smooth and the photo's keeping coming out bad, I'm gonna be pulling a from it sometime this week but tomorrow the wax paper and twaron go on. decided I'm gonna go awd, found a gsx at the junkyard that still had the awd 5speed I've been wanting. today was a good and bad day though. Last night I was horsing around with some friend's at a local storage yard with my maroon eclipse and smacked the ass into a fence. The car actually wasn't really damaged at all aside from a small dent I popped out minutes later and found out my rubber exhaust hanger broke. Went by the afternoon to look at the fence and it wasn't damaged at all, atleast not that me or anyone could tell. So I started driving around to exit the yard and then all of a sudden I hear someone yell "HEY ASSHOLE" and I took off just cause I was freaked out, next thing I know this mini-cooper is chasing me with what I think is a gun, this guy is hauling ass to catch up and eventually I pull over and start to pull a u-turn, when I start doing this I take off real quick and notice its just a camera, so I start to pull over under a bridge and my brakes lock up and the car slides and hits the wall of the bridge, didn't really tear anything up but the corner light and put a small hole in the bumper, I started yelling at the guy in the cooper and was gonna get his plate number but he took off. I think he was trying to get my plate number with the camera, why I don't know. All I know is after I got home I parked the car in the back and cops were driving up and down my street and the area around I live for about an hour or so. I'm just wondering if he reported me, and if he did, what the hell for? For one thing there was no one around to injure, If it were for the fence, the damn thing isn't bent or screwed up, they don't have camera's in the area so good luck proving it was me, and he scared the shit out of me and caused me to hit a wall. In other news me and my friend just about have the front end on the laser he just got straightened up, been trying to convince him to put the rounded front end from my 94 talon on there instead of the pop up lights, just because its another two weeks of waiting if he has to order parts considering the fact that the junkyard hasn't got any early dsm's. Tomorrow gonna be working my ass off on the hood, that laser, and slashing that mini coopers tires. All I know is I got a pretty good alibi for last night and today.

22680003.jpg

• Like 2