93 Eclipse gs Widebody

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the final hood the hood bulges will be hollow, the air building up in the engine bay will exit through the back of those bulges (easier to explain if i make a diagram) go over the roof of the car and push down on the whale tail, providing more rearward downforce. the car would agreeably do better if It were rwd in this case, If I do go rwd though, I'm wondering what the point is in keeping the stock motor, haven't thought of any real engine swaps, But I want an all motor car. if I were going rwd route I'm sure I could figure some way of making it miship. I also like symmetry, I think 2 bulges look better than only one on the driverside, I mena I know why its there, just don't like that there's only one if its gotta be there.

No need for a diagram; they are basically cowls then. I would assume that the air escaping them would be negligible for downforce, but if you're into symmetry then I understand. Personally, I enjoy the single cam hump, but if I wanted to make the car symmetrical I would have just made one large one or went with an Evo style hood. Something about two humps make it look funny personally.

No need for a diagram; they are basically cowls then.

negative batman, cowls are the part below the windsheild where the hood meets. its a comon mistake that a vent is a cowl since there are so may cowl induction hoods out there. and at that point a cowl induction hood doesnt let hot air out the back since there is a high pressuer area at the "cowl" so on those hoods on old chevys they actually used it to somewhat force air into the engine since there is an unlimited amount of high pressure there. and on this if the holes in the hood are too close it will force air into them at sped instead of letting it out. and if thats the case i knoiw whats gonna happen.

youll blow the welds on your intake

nos.jpg

Yes the cowl of a vehicle is the area where the windshield wipers are... But that doesnt stop the reverse scoop from being a cowl/cowling... Just not "the cowl." A cowl/cowling is just a streamline metal covering used to aide in engine draft. But I will give you that they are commonly used for gases entering the engine compartment and not exiting the engine compartment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

no, I've been working on it here and there, I'll try to update with some photos soon, just been working on our daily drivers lately, rx7 needed injectors, and the z needs the fuel tank opened and cleaned, with any luck I'll have the rear fenders formed in the next 3 weeks. Also got actual wheel spacers for the front, they only had one set at autozone when I went to buy some. I should be getting paid sometime next week or the week after, then I'll be able to start building the motor.

so just wondering, what are you gonna do to correct the steering geometry ? adding spacers is going to really mess up the scrub radius, the wheel will actually have to roll to turn instead of just pivoting. it will make the car hard to turn the wheel and add extra stress to the steering parts. just some food for thought.....

69.gif

hadn't even thought of that til you brought it up, I'll have to get back to you on it, will definetly get some photo's put up tomorrow, cell phone broke, so gonna be using my mom's iphone, rear fenderwells are half way done. I'm really getting tired of letting it sit, I have 3 vehicles I have to fix til I can even go full tilt on this thing again, one is a tranny job, 2 is the Z's fuel tank, and 3 is the rx7's injectors, which would be done if I could keep my family from spending my money. Z will hopefully be done tomorrow as well as the tranny job, rx7 probably won't be til next week but atleast I'll be able to throw some foam on the eclipse, oh yeah I probably should of mention this car is being built with "great stuff", would of opened the door for a lot of jokes early on.

• 2 months later...

good thing is that the cars white and so is the fender so you cant even tell its not stock if you look real quick..........

lulz

eh, works getting done but about 2 weeks ago I bought this, she was really nice and cheap up until the motor a bearing through the block for no real apparent reason other then it wanted too. Seriously temp and oil psi were good, and I was only turning about 4k revs! whatever, another rebuild, also getting a starion pretty soon, its need an ass load of work but I'll make do.photo-14.jpg

Erich, quit picking on this poor kid, he obviously has too much time and not enough brains to know what is practical or looks good. I assume the New Mexican heat combined with some particularly virulent desert fungus has duped his poor adolescent cognitive faculties into thinking this is some sort of sweet project.

Pinkie_Pie_What_The_Fuck-n1311300414358.gif

• Like 1