93 Eclipse gs Widebody

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey because Datsun's are so superior we should beat him down until he gives up, becomes a tweeker and steals one of ours.

Stupid, ballsy, or otherwise he is having fun learning with a car we don't care about. More power to him.

great progress! i have been keepin an eye on this one, and i will admit, not what i would have done, BUT i gotta give you the credit you deserve for the work.

IMO what would redeem this for most people, is swap your floor pans(if you have too, not too keen on how mitsu does stuff) and do the AWD.

anyways, lookin well overall pretty well done, keep it up :thumbup:

if I do go awd or rwd, I'm swapping for another motor while I'm at it. I was considering awd for a long time and even had bought a shell to swap the floor pan too, but I decided against based on the time, lack of a manual tranny, and the fact that it didn't feel right cutting into a 90 gsx with a clean body and title. anyone know of something other then a v8 that would be good for an all motor build?

To quote Tristin I believe "Now you just need to push it around the yard and take 600 pics of it"

Somehow I missed this... thats called the "Indy Technique." You do a bunch of work that really means nothing, gets you no closer to actually driving the car, and then you snap 600 photos to make it look like there was progress.

if I do go awd or rwd, I'm swapping for another motor while I'm at it. I was considering awd for a long time and even had bought a shell to swap the floor pan too, but I decided against based on the time, lack of a manual tranny, and the fact that it didn't feel right cutting into a 90 gsx with a clean body and title. anyone know of something other then a v8 that would be good for an all motor build?

Ive not know too many people that have sucessfully swapped non-4G platforms into DSMs.

photo-32.jpg

I thought you would be younger...

Somehow I missed this... thats called the "Indy Technique." You do a bunch of work that really means nothing, gets you no closer to actually driving the car, and then you snap 600 photos to make it look like there was progress.

Ive not know too many people that have sucessfully swapped non-4G platforms into DSMs.

photo-32.jpg

I thought you would be younger...

thats not me thats my dad, he's been helping with the project quite a bit as well.

I've only seen people do the 6g72 swap which is a real pain in the ass and in the end its still just  a heavier turbo motor.  I still intend on building my high compression all motor 4g63, but eventually I'm sure I'm gonna want more power. Whatever motor I end up swapping into it in the long future will be rwd and I'd really like it to not be a v8 or a turbo motor.