93 Eclipse gs Widebody

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

alright well on to actually progress, did a lot more trimming to the driver's side, photo's tomorrow. hopefully I can have them done by the end of the week, then I'll toss some twaron on and start workin on my back fender wells. hopefully I can get that head rebuilt soon and see how the new tires handle.

Yeah, I'm gonna be covering them in twaron which is really just kevlar. Planning on taking them off when the outside is done and cutting out he extra foam inside and what I can't cut out I'll soak in resin.

alright well on to actually progress, did a lot more trimming to the driver's side, photo's tomorrow. hopefully I can have them done by the end of the week, then I'll toss some twaron on and start workin on my back fender wells. hopefully I can get that head rebuilt soon and see how the new tires handle.

i heard a rumor of pics being posted on may 4th.....

i heard a rumor of pics being posted on may 4th.....

forgot to get pics, I'll do that tomorrow. Progress is being made but nothing really notable, just trimming, filling, and sanding. I'll try to get the back fenderwells made so I can post more pics of something.

forgot to get pics, I'll do that tomorrow. Progress is being made but nothing really notable, just trimming, filling, and sanding. I'll try to get the back fenderwells made so I can post more pics of something.

51L8FQJIVvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

there jdm widebody individual spacers. so are you leaving thew foam in there or making a mold

after the twaron goes on the foam is being hollowed out, lol about the washers, need to know how thick the spacers I need made will be, had a sh*t ton of washers that are the same size so figured I'd use em. the car has never driven on these wheels and tires, and I would never dirve around with washers for spacers. The hood will be a mold but thats about its I think, maybe the spoiler too.

My buddy just bought a '91 Plymouth Laser. Cool little car. Gonna rally the shit out of it.

Your's is coming along nicely.

you might be the only person who's told me that. which laser is it? 1.8l? turbo? awd? if its the 1.8, that will kinda be a kill joy.

I've got a high comp 4g63

One of the very best motors Mitsubishi ever made, can get to a daily driven 250 hp on stock internals that will last a long time as long ad maintenance is kept and not run to hard

And with a good suspension and a wide base with four 9" tires on the ground this car could really take some major turns.

Not big on super body mods but I like both90-94 and 95-99 eclipse and the 4g63 can be made into a fucking monster 4 cylinder

you might be the only person who's told me that. which laser is it? 1.8l? turbo? awd? if its the 1.8, that will kinda be a kill joy.

It's a 2.0L N/A FWD.

Still a pretty sweet car regardless. It has some pretty gnarly suspension travel stock. Don't know a whole lot about it, but that thing is pretty tits.

• Like 1

Gnarly has in good or odd? Yeah these things corner great, just can't get to confident or you'll spin out like I did, whoops. I wanted to run the motor as an n/a pump gas 200hp motor but that's a bit of a physical impossibility so I'm gonna run e85 with a high of a compression I can get, a localish member around here told me how to really bump up the compression, 4g61 head for the small chambers and 4g64 pistons , he told me more but I forget, its in a message I have some where.

• 3 weeks later...

got some more work done on this, I'll update with some photo's in a bit. Working on the back fenderwells still but I've got the back brackets that hold out the bumper to the right spot built. Also, not sure if anyone else has noticed this on all the 1g fwd dsm's, but they had rear axle issues from the factory, pretty much, if your car was front wheel drive your passenger side wheel in the back stuck out about an inch further then the wheel on the left, on stock mitsu wheels its not noticable but on my 9 in' wide wheels its pretty easy to see, and its not a problem with offest or anything on the wheels. anyway, the way I'm getting around this is having a spacer made for the left side the brings it out the same distance as the right, this will put more stress on that bearing however and I will need longer studs, not sure what I'll do abotu the bearing issue, maybe just live with it.

well you could remedy the problem if you actually knew what the fuck you were doing and talking about. if tha axle sits to one side adjust it center! those have a link setup on them that will have a track bar or triangulated setup. the bars may not be adjustable but you could make one that is. not that id want someone with your considerable body work skills to try suspension fabrication but hey maybe its just population control if it fails lol

whatever man, just wait til its done. Yeah I do intend on having that fixed down the road after we've finished all the bodywork, along with building that high compression 4g63, Right now the biggest pain in the ass is the body, today were gonna be applying the twaron fabric, then after that sanded down right its the gelcoat, the fenders will look much better with the gelcoat sense the gelcoat matches the body color. At some point I'm gonna head to a local junkyard and get that 4g61 head I was talking about. And the suspension on this car has let me down 1 time under normal driving, the (god can't remember) bar thats welded underneath where the spare tire sits and keeps the rearend from wabbling around everywhere fell off, by that I mean the welds came apart that held it in place. scariest thing I ever had to drive back home.

• 3 weeks later...

Ever considered swapping to rwd using rear end from an awd car, and custom motor mounts? Trans from starion or pickup...

Lol or just delete the front drive lines. Way easier. I did it on my gsx eclipse and made it a rear wheel drive turbo eclipse. Super fun drifter and one of the only rear wheel drive eclipses in phx

rustina, you don't seem to understand the kinda of stress that puts on the rearend, that drifitng crap is what my z and rx7 are all about. ofg, fwd car's have completely different floorpans, if I trully wanted to go that far i'd just toss a v8 or a rotary in there and call it done.