93 Eclipse gs Widebody

well I've been getting rid of most my projects lately, almost rid of all my motorcycle's. The maroon eclipse was purchased as a DD and nothing else, all I did was swap my interior and spoiler onto it, though it didn't last long. believe me I realized a while ago that I hate having so many projects, but I've wanted a starion since I owned the eclipse, though I'll probably hold off on that deal til' I'm rid of the z, zx, and rx7. I'm at the point where I only wanna work on DSM's, and don't tell me that I'm failing at that because no one could of guessed what was gonna happen to that maroon eclipse's motor, the white one I will admit was to some extent my fault but I was younger then and actually trusted the mechanic we'd taken our cars to for years. I'm planning 2 engine rebuilds this winter, I have no idea when the white eclipse's motor will be built, but I'm not putting another motor in it unless its built to my spec, I will not make compromises on the motor for that car, nor will I rush body work when I don't even have money to finish the whole damn car yet.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Erich, quit picking on this poor kid, he obviously has too much time and not enough brains to know what is practical or looks good. I assume the New Mexican heat combined with some particularly virulent desert fungus has duped his poor adolescent cognitive faculties into thinking this is some sort of sweet project.

whatever you say troll, clearly forcing your opinion of what looks good onto others would be the correct approach.

crankwalk.jpg

Only common in the 7bolt motors Skib. 1st gen DSMs like Syncros are all 6bolt so the biggest issue is to remove all the balanced shaft shit. Even the basic model GS is decent... Just an NA 4G and not the Neon engine in the 2nd gen cars.

Keep on keepin on Syncro.

• 1 month later...

Well time for a real update, Remade the rear fender wells entirely, got them finished a few days ago and now I've got some foam on there, hasn't hardened yet and the photo's I'm putting up are from just after I put foam on, which was today for some of it, though it has to be done in layers, I've got so many half full cans of great stuff lying around everywhere but they've got no pressure, damn cheap arisol cans.

photo-22.jpgphoto-23.jpgphoto-24.jpgphoto-25.jpgphoto-26.jpgphoto-27.jpgphoto-28.jpgphoto-29.jpg

I love that through all the ball busting you're getting you still keep updating the thread. Good on ya.  :thumbup:

Yeah, what John said, I for one am very interested to see how this turns out. Sure it's going to look rough at this stage but your working on yer dream and not giving in! I have a feeling this car is going to look bad ass once your done. Keep it up! :thumbup:

good to have some positive comments. Yeah after getting insulted a couple of times I just stopped caring, hopefully I can get some twaron on those rear fenders soon, right now there's several things going on at once, about to start molding the new hood within the next week or so, hopefully I can have all the body work done soon though, there's just so much sanding and filling to do.

• Like 1

Like Merlin said in one of his posts,

Sand,sand,sand,sand,sand,sand....XD

When doing custom work like that, yeah, preping and sanding are going to 95% ( and pretty much all body and paint work) is where all the hard is at but well worth it as long as you dont half ass it. Just keep up the good work.

I like that you are spending time on your car instead of so many other messed up things you could be doing. Your not f#cking up a Dime or 610 etc. so people here shouldn't care whether they like it or not. You are learning hands on and that will make you better and wiser in the future. So keep it up and thanks for not cutting up a rare Datsun.

"look at this shit... i do not approve"

photo-32.jpg

lol i kid. you put some tough work in. ill save the final crit till the end. but for now ill bust your balls just for using a fwd car.... how well do screws hold in the "great stuff" cause you gotta find a way to bolt the side vents back on in the quarter panel, unless you burry a nut in the fiber so it will work.... foood for thought.....