93 Eclipse gs Widebody

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my opinion is really the only one that matters and I don't think its in anyway like a ricer. I always thought hand formed fenders were completely different from off the shelf body kits. Everything has to look worse before it can look better, even though sometime's things can just look worse period, which is the upside of this not being a civic.

^^^ LOL! Hey ya'll, let's give the kid some credit ya? At least he starting something he's going to finish and didn't do this!

i want the meet the man who built that contraption he calls a "Truck", and stab his eyes out with a Rusty grapefruit spoon and then immediately spray his eye holes with lemon juice and salt.

• Like 1

Do what you want to do with the car, but honestly I ran 225-55 r17's and tore ass around every corner I could. 93 talon fwd 4g37 then 4g63t. Lowered 2 inches and rolled the fenders myself. It broke traction at the beginning of 1st, 2nd and 3rd, on 200 compound tires at 23psi and still gripped hard thru the corners. Stripped, super lightened, mostly stock suspension components with no anti-roll bars. If you want something that will grip, fix the factory alignment issues (I didn't) get some good compound tires, ditch the weight, and for god sakes get the full hatch oem Spoiler form the 1ga gsx.

But like I said before, do what you want with the car. If you like it everyone else can kick rocks

IMG_20120816_150905-1.jpg

Oh, and as far as cams go, comp101200 series all day. Cheaper, same grind as crower? Cams minus the retarded overlap.

Do what you want to do with the car, but honestly I ran 225-55 r17's and tore ass around every corner I could. 93 talon fwd 4g37 then 4g63t. Lowered 2 inches and rolled the fenders myself. It broke traction at the beginning of 1st, 2nd and 3rd, on 200 compound tires at 23psi and still gripped hard thru the corners. Stripped, super lightened, mostly stock suspension components with no anti-roll bars. If you want something that will grip, fix the factory alignment issues (I didn't) get some good compound tires, ditch the weight, and for god sakes get the full hatch oem Spoiler form the 1ga gsx.

But like I said before, do what you want with the car. If you like it everyone else can kick rocks

Oh, and as far as cams go, comp101200 series all day. Cheaper, same grind as crower? Cams minus the retarded overlap.

I have 2 or 3 full oem spoiler from a tsi, gsx, and gs, but the whale tail has grown on me and if you see the car in person the whale tail matches up with the fender flare's and hood fantastically.  the tires its got now I believe are 255/75/17 sumitomos. My tuner is the one who suggested BC 272/272's. After the fender's are done I intend on pulling the whole front clip off and hollowing out the fenders so they don't way so much. As for the rear end of the car, I really don't think its that much heavier, but I do intend on having my stock gs and this car weighed to see how much of a difference there is, it should be pretty close, the won't be anywhere near as heavy as a stock hood.

There's no such thing as '93 1.8l 4g37 DSM. That motor was only offered in 89-90 DSMs, no hump in hood.

Are you on drugs? Honest question. I still own one (technically)

Do some more research. take a look at dsm1eights.org (it its still running) then tell me they didn't offer that motor from 89-94. it did come factory with the hump in the hood, and some of them actually came with a cyclone intake manifold. Rare as fuck tho

Are you on drugs? Honest question. I still own one (technically)

Do some more research. take a look at dsm1eights.org (it its still running) then tell me they didn't offer that motor from 89-94. it did come factory with the hump in the hood, and some of them actually came with a cyclone intake manifold. Rare as fuck tho

I dont know if I would call Cyclones "rare as fuck." Ive had something like 5 at one point and maybe it was just my area, but I found more Cyclone intakes on blocks I bought/pulled than normal stock ones. 

But yes, contrary to Tims statement, the 1.8s were offered until '94. 

Oh yeah?

Well I got a Datsun. And it does powerslides in the rain on smooth asphalt.

Youre in an Eclipse thread... no one cares. 

Syncro... I just thought of this. I still have a buddy thats heavily into DSMs and runs a local shop here, if theres any parts youre looking for let me know and Ill see what I can pull off his warehouse shelves and ship your way. Hes got some fare prices so if you cant find something, PM me. 

• Like 1