2 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

I am guessing people are saying Trump is tough on China because he says so.

China's biggest problem is getting enough containers to ship stuff. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.scmp.com/economy/global-economy/article/3105336/global-container-shortage-drives-spike-shipping-rates-brings&ved=2ahUKEwjX1cTZqPrsAhXOwVkKHdzKAdEQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw3JsUBgkLuy1hmuJlQfSs6G

China is booming! They wore their masks, tested, contact traced and got things under control. Here Trump has made the mask a political statement, shunned the testing because it made him look bad and that is why we are in the shape we are in with the virus. Xi isn't afraid of Trump. He is laughing at him.  I still don't understand why anyone would believe anything coming out of his mouth  https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-economy/article/3105354/us-election-chinas-trade-gap-united-states-was-43-cent-bigger

You are definitely a victim of the media.Trump made masks a political statement ? Give me a fucking break.You believe info that comes from China ? What a fool.And here in the states we masked,tested and contact traced,so what happened ? It must have been those Trump rallies that caused this virus to keep going.You won't believe anything Trump says but you believe the media ? 

Edited by john510
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope Trump even made fun of Biden at the first debate for wearing the mask then the Dumbshit caught the vid. Kind of funny actually anyways. Holding big indoor rally's the list goes on. Anyways how about a news source on the imports into LA. If you believe anything Trump says I don't know what to tell. Biden can't fix this either it's too late. People think mask wearing will show support for Biden. https://www.portoflosangeles.org/references/news_101420_september_teu

Import TEUs vs Export TEUs. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.scmp.com/economy/global-economy/article/3105336/global-container-shortage-drives-spike-shipping-rates-brings&ved=2ahUKEwjX1cTZqPrsAhXOwVkKHdzKAdEQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw3JsUBgkLuy1hmuJlQfSs6G

China is booming! They wore their masks, tested, contact traced and got things under control. Here Trump has made the mask a political statement, shunned the testing because it made him look bad and that is why we are in the shape we are in with the virus. Xi isn't afraid of Trump. He is laughing at him.  I still don't understand why anyone would believe anything coming out of his mouth  https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-economy/article/3105354/us-election-chinas-trade-gap-united-states-was-43-cent-bigger

What little came out of China suggested people were nailed shut in their homes. Who knows what horrors were visited on their populace? One thing's for sure I don't like China even more now. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

So, you are basing the state of the Chinese Economy on Shipping Containers? Really? 

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52754782

• Like 2
9 hours ago, tr8er said:

Trump was pretty damn far right and this is what happens when either extreme comes to power.  

Trump was a Democrat off and on until he ran for President, this shows how far left you moved if you think a centrist Democrat/Republican with Nationalist beliefs is far right.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Jesse C. said:

So, you are basing the state of the Chinese Economy on Shipping Containers? Really? 

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52754782

That article is from May 21. My numbers are from Sept also a little dated. These are the numbers of imports to LA harbor and not just China but the Pacific rim and SE Asia.

471,795 TEUs (Twenty ft Equivelent Units) loaded imports

130,397 TEUs loaded exports

281,434 TEUs empty exports

We are getting the rusty cactus fuck as someone used the term earlier as far as trade deficits. This is what Trump is claiming as a Wonderful deal? We were getting fucked before Trump so this is not new.

28 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

That article is from May 21. My numbers are from Sept also a little dated. These are the numbers of imports to LA harbor and not just China but the Pacific rim and SE Asia.

471,795 TEUs (Twenty ft Equivelent Units) loaded imports

130,397 TEUs loaded exports

281,434 TEUs empty exports

We are getting the rusty cactus fuck as someone used the term earlier as far as trade deficits. This is what Trump is claiming as a Wonderful deal? We were getting fucked before Trump so this is not new.

If half your country is locked down and business are shut how do you also maintain exports numbers? Any economic data from this year is going to be an false representation of any government performance. I see that shit here, "the country is broke blah blah" "It's blah blah fault" all from their home studio, being payed their normal wage, wearing their mask and being all virtuous and shit.

• Like 1

I imagine that the containers sailing today were ordered a year ago maybe even more. China isn't going to stop the flow unless/until that shit backs up in Costco/WallMart/any other box store selling cheap and cheap quality shit.  If you want to blame anyone just look at yourselves when you go there an spend your US dollars.

On or before 1985 was when the US began importing more trade goods from China that it exported to them. So far this year it's about 3.75 to 1. Last year it was 4.25 times as much and 2018 it was 4.5 times. Before the Wu-flu in 2019 the export to China was over 106 billion but the imports were over 451 BILLION!!!!!! Fuck China, make your own shit and stop the hemorrhage. Teach people to do without cheap crap or demand quality for their money..

• Like 6
8 hours ago, john510 said:

Trump made masks a political statement ? Give me a fucking break.

"President Donald Trump told The Wall Street Journal that he believes that some Americans are wearing masks during the coronavirus pandemic not to protect others but simply to show that they disapprove of him."

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-americans-wearing-masks-show-disapproval-not-as-preventive-measure-2020-6

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-talks-juneteenth-john-bolton-economy-in-wsj-interview-11592493771?mod=breakingnews

• Like 1
8 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

If you don't wear a mask around other people and don't take the other precautions and you get it, that would be a dumbshit move.  Oh I actually haven't owned a TV in 17 years. Waste of time. Too many projects. 

Yea sure,you don't sound at all like somebody that doesn't own a TV.Maybe turn off the internet or cell phone ? Some of what you have posted tells me you're paying attention to some form of news or media.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Ooph! said:

Trump was a Democrat off and on until he ran for President, this shows how far left you moved if you think a centrist Democrat/Republican with Nationalist beliefs is far right.

I've been active in conservative politics for twenty-five years and whenever anyone would float Trump's name as a GOP POTUS candidate I would laugh. His politics were just too liberal. He came out in favor of gay marriage in 1990. Most mainstream dems didn't adopt that progressive opinion until almost twenty years later!

I don't disagree that he was definitely a democrat for most of his adult life but his candidacy and presidency saw him morph into some kind of billionaire populist with fairly progressive tendencies. Had he never ran for president I think he'd be in NYC right now hanging out with lefty AOC just like he did with Sharpton and Jesse Jackson for decades and never minded championing progressive causes.

43 minutes ago, BrothersGarage said:

"President Donald Trump told The Wall Street Journal that he believes that some Americans are wearing masks during the coronavirus pandemic not to protect others but simply to show that they disapprove of him."

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-americans-wearing-masks-show-disapproval-not-as-preventive-measure-2020-6

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-talks-juneteenth-john-bolton-economy-in-wsj-interview-11592493771?mod=breakingnews

I could believe that,how does that make it political from Trump's end ? Biden made the mask thing his #1 talking point every time he opened his mouth.Shit,all the Democrats made it an issue.They used it for political reasons,it's pretty obvious.Anything to hit Trump in the face with,anything.I don't wear my mask unless forced to just because i don't want some politician telling me how to live and i'm not going to live in fear of a flu bug.I also don't buy into the success of masks as something that prevents the spread very much.Let's face reality,we've done what's been asked of us and shit got worse,explain that.My decision to wear that face diaper or not has zero to do with Trump or Biden.

Edited by john510
  • Like 2

Think back to pre Wu-Flu. Any place where disease or threat of infection is you'll find Dr.s, Nurses and health care providers wearing masks. It's been this way forever because they work. I don't know how well but there must be some goodly proven amount or they would use something else. So lets just agree that wearing a mask even a shitty un rated thin cloth mask, is better than not wearing one at all. Would you have surgery if the surgeon said he and his team weren't going to wear any masks because they didn't believe that they prevent an infection? C'mon man. Strip away the politics. If a doctor said your immune system was at risk and you had to wear a mask in public.... you would.

14 minutes ago, john510 said:

.Let's face reality,we've done what's been asked of us and shit got worse,explain that.

How do you know that it couldn't have been much much worse. There's no way to compare this. It is what it is.

• Like 1

Fuck a mask, it is bullshit and no proof it helps. People wear masks and still get Covid. I have to wear a mask or face shield 8 hours a day in a factory because I have to. When I go to town to the grocery store or the auto parts store I have it in my hand and as soon as I walk in and see people wearing the mask under their nose or on their chin it goes in my pocket. I stay the fuck away from people anyway. Fuck Joe and his mask that does not fit his pinhead that he can't seem to stop fondling.....

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Think back to pre Wu-Flu. Any place where disease or threat of infection is you'll find Dr.s, Nurses and health care providers wearing masks. It's been this way forever because they work. I don't know how well but there must be some goodly proven amount or they would use something else. So lets just agree that wearing a mask even a shitty un rated thin cloth mask, is better than not wearing one at all. Would you have surgery if the surgeon said he and his team weren't going to wear any masks because they didn't believe that they prevent an infection? C'mon man. Strip away the politics. If a doctor said your immune system was at risk and you had to wear a mask in public.... you would.

How do you know that it couldn't have been much much worse. There's no way to compare this. It is what it is.

Nobody could know if it would have been much worse.We also don't know if we'd be farther along in getting over it if this wasn't turned into a shitshow.Did we just postpone the inevitable ?I'd like to see some statistics on those that followed every guideline to a tee and still got sick.I know this,i don't know one person that knows anybody that got covid.Where the wife works (hundreds of employees) exposed to the public daily since all this started,not one employee has been sick.These people are exposed to the public all day long.I spent a lot of time in hospitals and Doctors offices before Covid came along.Other than the surgery i finally had nobody was wearing masks during my appointments,tests or physical therapy.

Edited by john510
  • Like 1

One of the things i do not like about the masks,go to a restaurant,grocery store,convenience store,public place,whatever.Notice how many people are constantly fondling that mask and then touching things with the hands that have been all over the mask.Yea that'll work.I'd prefer people just not touch that mask or take it off.If you're constantly touching it,it aint working like it's supposed to be.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Logical1 said:

Myself, I hate wearing a damn mask! However, Doctors, morticians, mechanics😆 ect. wear gloves for a reason... same principal: minimize contact. On a personal note, only the strong should survive. We have too many damn idiots...

But many idiots are strong and will survive.

• Like 1

Farther along in getting over it??? Like it ran rampant and unchecked and 1,500,000 are now dead instead of 230,000, and those above ground already had it and got over it???? That kind of 'getting over it'?? The best reduction in deaths is to slow the transmission down till a vaccine is available.

Tell the truth I have no idea about the Wu-Flu but I hear that cars have accidents and using a seat belt helps you survive it. I wear a seat belt.

2 minutes ago, john510 said:

One of the things i do not like about the masks,go to a restaurant,grocery store,convenience store,public place,whatever.Notice how many people are constantly fondling that mask and then touching things with the hands that have been all over the mask.Yea that'll work.I'd prefer people just not touch that mask or take it off.If you're constantly touching it,it aint working like it's supposed to be.

Maybe this is the answer to your previous statement about statistics. People would say they followed every guidelines but really they were fondling their masks or just taking them off when they see everyone else doing so.

• Like 1